PDA

View Full Version : Air Filter to Resonator box pipe

welshone
02-07-11, 03:59 PM
I'm after the pipe for the zs 180 which goes between the air box and the resonator if anyone has one lying around. Or do i go for a after market enclosure ;)

welshone
03-07-11, 12:17 PM
:oops: Sorry just noticed i posted this in the wrong section :slap:

MG ZS STE
03-07-11, 03:55 PM
a lot of people will advise you to just ditch the standard closed system for an open cone inner wing set up but i find the standard set up with green cotton filter adequate.

I removed my resonator [which has given an improved throaty induction sound] but maintained the link pipe into the inner wing so benefit from the cooler air that you get from there but dont have the hassle of having to inform the insurance co that ive gone open cone.

Dogsby on here will sort you out with a link pipe if thats what you decide you want to do.

welshone
03-07-11, 04:05 PM
a lot of people will advise you to just ditch the standard closed system for an open cone inner wing set up but i find the standard set up with green cotton filter adequate.

I removed my resonator [which has given an improved throaty induction sound] but maintained the link pipe into the inner wing so benefit from the cooler air that you get from there but dont have the hassle of having to inform the insurance co that ive gone open cone.

Dogsby on here will sort you out with a link pipe if thats what you decide you want to do.

Thanks you the info, i'm looking into some sort of custom job being made with cone in the wing. Just need to play about with it and see how much space is available.