PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Update.....

Taphouse
24-07-11, 09:14 PM
Well a few weeks of wheeler dealing, came together this weekend. Coilovers fitted, calipers painted, inner arches cleaned up, new alloys, laguna splitter added, and bonnet raisers fitted.

Zed Ten was my completion date I set myself, and a 7pm finish saturday and it was completed. I'm very please indeed, hopefully I've put my mark on this car now, and it can be known as mine now. :)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/Taphouse/MG%20ZS/006.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/Taphouse/MG%20ZS/016.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/Taphouse/MG%20ZS/020.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/Taphouse/MG%20ZS/015.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Andy

Huffy
24-07-11, 09:15 PM
Hmmmmmmmm......Nice, very :)

Ritchy
24-07-11, 09:16 PM
love it

Dan1971
24-07-11, 09:17 PM
Nice ......

LozMachine
24-07-11, 09:21 PM
Love that! :thumbsup::bow:

C13URD
24-07-11, 09:40 PM
Yout mota looked so sweet today.................loved it.....:):):)

Supercharged_Z
24-07-11, 09:59 PM
Defo loving the black rims more even though the oz were great wheels!!

Looking fantastic anyway!!

ian zs180
24-07-11, 10:43 PM
very nice

Taphouse
25-07-11, 05:44 AM
Thanks guys

Defo loving the black rims more even though the oz were great wheels!!

Looking fantastic anyway!!

I've got the OZ for sale, if you fancy tucking them away for a rainy day! :fun:

Supercharged_Z
25-07-11, 06:13 AM
Ay I see them, an considered it but just a little expensive tbh. Iirc they cost 900 new with the Yokohama on, just need to shop about. A mini site has some for sale with Tyres for less.

Cheers Ross

stamford
25-07-11, 07:13 AM
It certainly looks the part now and in excellent condition, good to see it still around and re-invented again.

peterzs
25-07-11, 08:29 AM
Looks even better in the flesh, well worth all the time and effort thats gone into it.

Looks like its just waiting to get out on a track somewhere.;););)

Did sound nice with my window down and your car up at the front of the tunnel, worth the visit up for that, pity the tunnel wasnt a bit longer.

Only reason I might change the derv, great sound.

:yes::yes::laugh::laugh::laugh:

stamford
25-07-11, 08:36 AM
Southbound A3 Hindhead tunnel opens Weds, northbound a couple of days later. This could call for a slight detour on my commute home from work :whistle:

peterzs
25-07-11, 08:42 AM
Maybe we should hold an, "inaugural fly through the tunnel", meet!!!

Let you V6 lot go at the front.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

stamford
25-07-11, 09:42 AM

Yes! we need to see where we are going :laugh:

MG 53 ZED
25-07-11, 01:30 PM
:cool2: Looking good, loving those rims they go with the car spot on

mattie007
25-07-11, 01:58 PM
Lovely motor there, red really suits it.

Went by that new tunnel on the way to Goodwood a few weeks back. We went via the 'Devils Punchbowl', lovely bit of road. Is it true they are closing the old road when the tunnels open, seems a waste?!

stamford
25-07-11, 02:26 PM
No idea if they are closing it, can't see it myself as it feeds a few places, national park and hostels. Local businesses will suffer, one petrol station has already closed in the last couple of weeks.

ZS Phil
25-07-11, 03:59 PM
:O Stunning! That is what I was aiming at with my 120, I got to this stage before I sold it, they could almost be twins http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=9035

peterzs
25-07-11, 04:18 PM
:cool2: Looking good, loving those rims they go with the car spot on

Pity you didnt make it to Duxford, never seen so many Trophy Yellows.

:yes::yes::laugh::laugh:

welshone
25-07-11, 04:32 PM
Pity you didnt make it to Duxford, never seen so many Trophy Yellows.

:yes::yes::laugh::laugh:

Turning out to be the most common colour on the ZS :whistle:

peterzs
25-07-11, 04:43 PM
Turning out to be the most common colour on the ZS :whistle:

:yes::yes::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Taphouse
25-07-11, 06:27 PM
Thanks for all the positive comments :-)

:O Stunning! That is what I was aiming at with my 120, I got to this stage before I sold it, they could almost be twins http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=9035

They certainly look similar.

Ay I see them, an considered it but just a little expensive tbh. Iirc they cost 900 new with the Yokohama on, just need to shop about. A mini site has some for sale with Tyres for less.

Cheers Ross

Have you got a link? I had to take a stab in the dark with these.

I'm definately in for that!!! lol

Bobdope2002
25-07-11, 06:29 PM
ill be honest and say i dont like the bonnet raisers and the exhaust needs about 3 inches lobbing of it but other than that nice car!!!!

Taphouse
25-07-11, 06:57 PM
ill be honest and say i dont like the bonnet raisers and the exhaust needs about 3 inches lobbing of it but other than that nice car!!!!

Thank you for your honesty but your wrong!!! :rofl:

Bobdope2002
25-07-11, 08:02 PM
My friend has em on his 1.2 corsa and its a shitbox yours clearly isnt a shitbox that's the only reason I don't like them but its your chap and its got a fair but if history amongst the forum so.....

Supercharged_Z
25-07-11, 08:08 PM
Thanks for all the positive comments :-)

They certainly look similar.

Have you got a link? I had to take a stab in the dark with these.

I'm definately in for that!!! lol

No i did try to look as i was genuinly intrested, i think it was with the recipts i gave you.

Dan1971
25-07-11, 08:17 PM
Had lifters on my mk1 when I first got it. One of the first things to go. I had visions of the bonnet coming through the windscreen in an accident and causing me a headache !

For me it just looks ill fitting. I like close gaps, saying that, my bumper's sagging a bit ..... :whistle:

talkingcars
25-07-11, 08:31 PM
Having seen it in the flesh the bonnet doesn't look that bad, it is purposful and goes with the whole package.

However I am very disappointed, you waited until I had gone so as "not to spoil" your pictures with a proper colour one in them!

ZS Phil
25-07-11, 09:22 PM
What are you using as center caps for the straights? Also what are the weel nuts?

Boot Hill Bandit
25-07-11, 10:02 PM
You have taken my old car to new levels Andy. So impressed and so proud of you and I mean that. This car has always been in need of all the TLC she could ask for and more and thankfully you have provided that.

Even now you know, I drive the Vectra with a smile on my face but miss the ZS when I remember the driving position, the smell of the unburnt fuel from the exhaust on start up and the burbling noise on tickover and then the howl she would make going through the tunnel in Norway backing up all the traffic to a crawling pace straddling both lanes and gunning her hardto 100mph watching all the traffic move out the way to getting the speeding fine for it a year later.........to worrying Evos and a Delta Inergrale out the way on the Lydden trackday and returning to the pits with the brakes alight smoking away.......to the realisation of baby Ruby on the way and being the good Dad and calling it a day and selling up to Ross.

You've done a stirling job Andy.........keep looking after her like you are :pimp:

Taphouse
26-07-11, 05:46 AM
My friend has em on his 1.2 corsa and its a shitbox yours clearly isnt a shitbox that's the only reason I don't like them but its your chap and its got a fair but if history amongst the forum so.....

I was only messing bud, I've been posting up on public forums for many moons now, and I know its about what your happy with. I was just giving it some light hearted banter, to many people take it to heart.

What are you using as center caps for the straights? Also what are the weel nuts?

Its a 59mm end cap, they just push in. stick in google you should find something, I got mine from work.

Having seen it in the flesh the bonnet doesn't look that bad, it is purposful and goes with the whole package.

However I am very disappointed, you waited until I had gone so as "not to spoil" your pictures with a proper colour one in them!

The glow of TY was making mine look orange!!! :smile2:

I would of liked some photos of all the cars, but they packed us in so tight we didnt get a chance!!

You have taken my old car to new levels Andy. So impressed and so proud of you and I mean that. This car has always been in need of all the TLC she could ask for and more and thankfully you have provided that.

Even now you know, I drive the Vectra with a smile on my face but miss the ZS when I remember the driving position, the smell of the unburnt fuel from the exhaust on start up and the burbling noise on tickover and then the howl she would make going through the tunnel in Norway backing up all the traffic to a crawling pace straddling both lanes and gunning her hardto 100mph watching all the traffic move out the way to getting the speeding fine for it a year later.........to worrying Evos and a Delta Inergrale out the way on the Lydden trackday and returning to the pits with the brakes alight smoking away.......to the realisation of baby Ruby on the way and being the good Dad and calling it a day and selling up to Ross.

You've done a stirling job Andy.........keep looking after her like you are :pimp:

Thank you Jim, I havent finished yet!! :beer: Hopefully I'll have plenty of memorial events in her too.

peterzs
26-07-11, 09:23 AM
Jim, you would be proud of the car, does look the biz, and sounds fantastic, did say I know someone that would love to buy it back.

As you say, family comes first, but rest assured the car is in good hands.

Come a long way from Auto Barn, now, just 30 odd miles up the road, small world.

:wave:

MG Nabz
22-08-11, 07:59 AM
That looks ace good work pal

Boot Hill Bandit
01-09-11, 05:35 AM
Jim, you would be proud of the car, does look the biz, and sounds fantastic, did say I know someone that would love to buy it back.

As you say, family comes first, but rest assured the car is in good hands.

Come a long way from Auto Barn, now, just 30 odd miles up the road, small world.

:wave:

If I get the chance I would be tempted lol