PDA

View Full Version : Thursday is MOT Day!

sduk
04-11-07, 07:01 PM
Well I have never had a car that required an MOT before so this Friday is a first for me and the ZS.

Fingers crossed it will be ok, pretty nervous, but its running ok so im hopeful.

Least its only once a year lol.

arwilson80
04-11-07, 07:36 PM
I'd say it should be fine...

I've had a few cars (ZR and a 9YO 214) through the NI MOT and it's harder to pass than the ones you folks have to endure. :p

Mat C
04-11-07, 08:58 PM
The monkeys in control of our minds (the overpaid ministers) are now proposing we have an MOT every 2 years. Are they mad ? There's enough potential death traps and rot boxes on our roads already. Sometimes you have to wonder what they are smoking !

Maxxed_Ross
05-11-07, 05:52 AM
I'm in the same boat in March, I've never had one before either lol

I'm sure it'll be fine though

Craig
05-11-07, 07:14 AM
best of luck mate, hope it passes easily. I agree with Mat, its a terrible idea to wait 2 years between mots.

stamford
05-11-07, 07:23 AM
You'll be fine, mine passed every time.

I agree, the every two years idea is not a good thing, breeds complacency.

al_roverMG
05-11-07, 12:34 PM
I'd say it should be fine...

I've had a few cars (ZR and a 9YO 214) through the NI MOT and it's harder to pass than the ones you folks have to endure. :p

Well if the MOT tester does it to the book then it will fail. Dad just shown me the new section on the number plates and they not only have to have all that we previously thought but they need to be the standard size (ie the correct oblong dimensions or square plate) So Sammy technically yours are to small.

chriszs180
05-11-07, 01:13 PM
Well if the MOT tester does it to the book then it will fail. Dad just shown me the new section on the number plates and they not only have to have all that we previously thought but they need to be the standard size (ie the correct oblong dimensions or square plate) So Sammy technically yours are to small.

i thought there was a set size around the letters that they had to be at least as big dint realise they have set a size now.......

sduk
05-11-07, 01:15 PM
well change of day now, it is now on Thursday!!! one day earlier!

grimmy
05-11-07, 04:32 PM
good luck with it mate it will most likely sail through it

sduk
06-11-07, 09:02 PM
cheers, 2 days to go, nerves are starting lol, plates might be ok and if not easily changed :)

Maxfly
06-11-07, 09:24 PM
Good luck fella, my zr's got her final mot in my hands on mon. Everything should be fine, and gettin a service before an see if anything gets thrown up:)

ian zs180
06-11-07, 09:52 PM
good luck i,m sure it will pass with flying colours