PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Problems

Bobdope2002
04-08-11, 05:58 PM
Right this is a weird one

been doing it for a few days now you can lock the car it arms etc etc

leave it for about an hour come to unlock it all hell breaks loose the alarms going off and it wont shut up......now the strange part about it is once its had its paddy i can unlock it and lock it off the fob and i have no problems with it

until ive left it locked for a set amount of time it does it again

Ive just dropped it off at a mates to get him to look at it (fot my springs too Damned bolts :@) hoping Its soggy sounder syndrome TBH but weve had no rain for months so i dunno

just thought id ask if you had herd of this happening before

KevG
04-08-11, 06:19 PM
Tim, check your door pin switches, and also check the sounder unit.

Bobdope2002
04-08-11, 06:23 PM
Tim, check your door pin switches, and also check the sounder unit.

door pins switches are those the black things on the door frame/A Pillar???

Bobdope2002
04-08-11, 07:03 PM
Just too add to this

When the alarm is going off if i press the unlock button on the fob it sounds as if its making like a chirping noise as if the alarm is trying to stop but it cant

Which of the two things kev sed wud you think this points towards

Tim

KevG
04-08-11, 07:41 PM
Pin switch
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/KEVG_2007/cb160fc6.jpg

KevG
04-08-11, 07:43 PM
More likely to be the sounder dude, lots of different problems arise from that going tits up.

Bobdope2002
04-08-11, 07:47 PM
you havent just been out to take that piccy have ya kev if so cheers lol :clap:

Im hoping its that.....when the alarm is going off the lights aernt flashing to symbolise it being the actual alarm

KevG
04-08-11, 08:33 PM
you havent just been out to take that piccy have ya kev if so cheers lol :clap:

Im hoping its that.....when the alarm is going off the lights aernt flashing to symbolise it being the actual alarm

Yeah mate I did, :mml:

R8NMG
04-08-11, 08:40 PM

Mine did that with no indicators flashing. Ever since removing the sounder and replaced with a temporary siren (from a house alarm), the alarm hasn't gone off once.

Bobdope2002
05-08-11, 01:34 PM
just got of the phone with my mate and he told me theyre was an egg cups full of water swimming around with the circuit boards and batteries.... im hoping this is the problem....

as with my springs he hadnt even started those probs get the car back tommorow

:slap:

KevG
05-08-11, 08:54 PM
just got of the phone with my mate and he told me theyre was an egg cups full of water swimming around with the circuit boards and batteries.... im hoping this is the problem....

as with my springs he hadnt even started those probs get the car back tommorow

:slap:

Told You, could you get a pic of the Printed Circuit Board, to see how badly damaged it is due to water ingress?

Bobdope2002
05-08-11, 09:15 PM
Told You, could you get a pic of the Printed Circuit Board, to see how badly damaged it is due to water ingress?

unfortunatley not bud sorry its all back together

Bobdope2002
06-08-11, 08:55 AM
Alarm is still fucked

think sommat else must be wrong here

just went off on me driving along the road

not good trying get back home with ya car screaming at ya and people shaking theyre heads because they think uve stolen ya own car lol

at the minute its unlocked and its making no noise what so ever i darent drive it now incase it goes of again

how would i know if one of the door lock pins was goosed

Supercharged_Z
06-08-11, 09:02 AM
Hello Tim,

I would edge my bets on this being the SCU and the start of the end of that particular unit.

Does your car have the factory earth modiciation done?

Cheers
Ross

Bobdope2002
06-08-11, 09:04 AM
Hello Tim,

I would edge my bets on this being the SCU and the start of the end of that particular unit.

Does your car have the factory earth modiciation done?

Cheers
Ross

SCU u on about the box behind the dash here or the sounder box

Marky Mark
06-08-11, 09:07 AM
I had this problem not long ago, and had my scu sent off to get it checked out.

Try this guy, he is very helpful

http://www.alarmremotes.co.uk/

but mine came up with no faults, and put it down to the key fob. I found it very strange, as it has been working fine the last couple of months, with the original keyfob?

My symptoms were I couldn't start the car, and the alarm kept going off when I opened the drivers door. :smile1:

Marky Mark
06-08-11, 09:09 AM
SCU u on about the box behind the dash here or the sounder box

Think he means the SCU behind the centre console, secured by 2 metal plates that unscrew. :mml:

Bobdope2002
06-08-11, 09:17 AM
Think he means the SCU behind the centre console, secured by 2 metal plates that unscrew. :mml:

oh gawd theyre mega bucks :(

Marky Mark
06-08-11, 09:19 AM
oh gawd theyre mega bucks :(

Give the guy a call at Alarmremotes, he can do reconditioned ones fairly cheaply, with a new programmed keyfob.

I understand it is a right pain, by the way what car do you have? :mml:

This is a good read as well, to understand the problem more:

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?p=2695156

Jem
06-08-11, 09:23 AM
I had this problem not long ago, and had my scu sent off to get it checked out.

My symptoms were I couldn't start the car, and the alarm kept going off when I opened the drivers door. :smile1:

Strange as this is what is now going on with mine,If the car has been standing for two days or more then it will go off when i get in the car not when i open the doors,But it doesn't go off if say ive been out for a couple of hours nor does it go off if i use it the next day. I have to lock it then unlock for the alarm to turn off.

Marky Mark
06-08-11, 09:33 AM
Strange as this is what is now going on with mine,If the car has been standing for two days or more then it will go off when i get in the car not when i open the doors,But it doesn't go off if say ive been out for a couple of hours nor does it go off if i use it the next day. I have to lock it then unlock for the alarm to turn off.

Sounds like one of the door sensors, or the interior sensor above the drivers side door.

This does seem a very common fault with the mk2 ZS :slap:

Jem
06-08-11, 09:39 AM
I thought it might of been the drives door sensor but it has also happens when someone gets in the back first,I then thought it might be what you said the interior sensor so im now testing that theory out ive now locked the car with the keys so i shall see what happens.

The interior sensor has allready been replaced about 5years ago because the alarm would go off at any time day or night.

Bobdope2002
06-08-11, 09:58 AM
I took that off for a min when the alarm started going crazy I've put it back on and nothing so far wish I had tools to at least take the noise box off so it stopped making the noise

Bobdope2002
06-08-11, 10:15 AM
Managed get the sounder unit out for the time being now my last paranoid question is the car won't use the horn for the alarm now will it???

KevG
06-08-11, 10:29 AM
No, the horn only sounds if you have miss-lock situation ie when lock the car remotely with a door or boot open.

pheelay
06-08-11, 10:38 AM
just went off on me driving along the road

not good trying get back home with ya car screaming at ya and people shaking theyre heads because they think uve stolen ya own car lol

Been there in the past. Once when I was dropping a date home to a quiet neighbourhood at night!

Bobdope2002
06-08-11, 10:41 AM
No, the horn only sounds if you have miss-lock situation ie when lock the car remotely with a door or boot open.

cool....they will still run also

managed get some piccys of the board as i ripped it apart and took the batteries off so it canna go off in the house lol

looks fine to me TBH but ill bash the piccys up

pheelay
06-08-11, 10:45 AM
cool....they will still run also

managed get some piccys of the board as i ripped it apart and took the batteries off so it canna go off in the house lol

looks fine to me TBH but ill bash the piccys up

Maybe let it dry out more for a couple days and try again. I used a hairdryer. Also test that the internal battery is ok.

Bobdope2002
06-08-11, 10:46 AM
Also test that the internal battery is ok.

how wud i do that buddy??

pheelay
06-08-11, 10:52 AM
how wud i do that buddy??

Disconnect it, put a multimeter on it and measure the voltage.
Alternatively, connect it directly to the siren and see if it makes a racket!

Bobdope2002
06-08-11, 10:58 AM
gonna go see if it still runs in a minute

im taking a positive from an earlier post in here about it just being the Sounder unit and not the SCU

will see how it goes in a min at least it cant make any noise at me lol