PDA

View Full Version : vauxhall vectra vxr

vanishing days
06-08-11, 05:27 PM
just come home from a day out and was approaching a roundabout on a dual carrigeway when all of a sudden a vxr vectra appears in my right hand mirror gaining quickly i carried on braking for the roundabout to 20mph as i was just about to go over the round about in the left hand lane this vxr seems to skid lose control from the right hand lane and then goes sliding acrross my lane and into a reiling and lampost. i got out of the car and went over to help the guy and his friend out as there car was wrecked luckily they were ok the guy said he had only got the car on thursday was scary as **** no idea what speed they were doing

peterzs
06-08-11, 06:07 PM
Lucky you, poor old VXR, wonder if he is used to his previous cars brakes/ steering being spot on.

VXR might not be up to the same standard.

I drove one of my bosses Ford GT 1600, few years back, was looking forward to it. Bournemouth to Hamble, horrid drive, steering all over the place and didnt go. Might have been good when first made, but I wouldnt give it drive space!!!

welshone
06-08-11, 06:15 PM
VXR Vectra is a blimming fast car but it's got sh*t handling. Looks like a case of him running before he can walk with him only having it a few days.

Dave MGT
06-08-11, 06:15 PM
He should have got a ZS. Would have gone round the roundabout then!!:D

JIMZS180
06-08-11, 08:36 PM
Should have checked if the sport button was on...these things are lethal in sport mode!!!!

Dan1971
06-08-11, 09:35 PM
I like VXRs .... Hope no-one got hurt ....

vanishing days
06-08-11, 09:55 PM
no they wernt hurt they both seemed ok the car was badly damaged tho.

KirkJames
07-08-11, 08:37 AM
Terrible understeer, not surprised he went across you but approaching any bend at speed in the very heavy VXR is a bad combination. Glad they were ok tho