PDA

View Full Version : Wipers & mist sprayers

pheelay
07-08-11, 02:43 PM
Just fitted some Bosch Aerotwin wiper blades and Citroen Xsara mist sprayers bought off the bay. Piece of cake to fit and woah, what a difference!!

The standard sprayers dont get good coverage and it was impossible to keep the windscreen clean on long journeys (do birds have a preference red?!). I can see again :)

magpie67
07-08-11, 06:50 PM
put some of those xsara misties on my zed a couple of weeks ago, defo a big improvement :)

talkingcars
08-08-11, 04:22 PM
All our Zeds and Fs have mist jets and single blade aero blades.

Maxfly
08-08-11, 05:50 PM
Aye. the mist jets are just the job tbh/ Still one of the daft things i need to put on mine, though the bosch aeros are on as well as the washer motor beefed up by changing to a ford unit which also makes a big difference:)

Smokey
08-08-11, 05:54 PM
The jets make all the difference, although I think there is a pressure issue on mine as it takes a second for it to give full blast, which only actually hits the bottom of the windscreen.

talkingcars
08-08-11, 06:28 PM
The jets make all the difference, although I think there is a pressure issue on mine as it takes a second for it to give full blast, which only actually hits the bottom of the windscreen.

I have this on my F. It had a brand new pump so I've put it down to either clogged pipes or the pipes being too long.

I am considering fitting a non return valve in the system.

Another solution may be if you have a saloon is to fit a bottle from a hatch and have each motor supply 1 jet.

petet16
08-08-11, 06:39 PM
I used a nrv to get around this problem

stamford
08-08-11, 09:27 PM
I've fitted the mist sprayers to the wifes and daughters MGFs, they are happy with them. My zed still has the originals which work really well. However I may change the blades to the aero type as the OE ones drag a little.

pheelay
08-08-11, 10:16 PM
It's funny, I have that pressure problem too where it takes a couple of secs to spray full blast. It only started since I had the front end repaired. It didn't happen before. Wonder if maybe its a leak somewhere and the pipes dont hold water when they're not being used? That could be a "feature" if it helps the system not freeze up in the cold weather.

KevG
08-08-11, 10:21 PM

I have this on my F. It had a brand new pump so I've put it down to either clogged pipes or the pipes being too long.

I am considering fitting a non return valve in the system.

Another solution may be if you have a saloon is to fit a bottle from a hatch and have each motor supply 1 jet.

It's funny, I have that pressure problem too where it takes a couple of secs to spray full blast. It only started since I had the front end repaired. It didn't happen before. Wonder if maybe its a leak somewhere and the pipes dont hold water when they're not being used? That could be a "feature" if it helps the system not freeze up in the cold weather.

As Maxfly says, your better to upgrade the pump to better unit as the standard Rover units are rubbish, very weak in performance, I fitted 2 Ford Focus Saloon units to mine as I have headlamp washers too..

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqJ,!lgE2EHzYmwkBNorCNEvbQ~~_12.JPG

pheelay
08-08-11, 10:26 PM
Cheers for the tip. Is there any particular Ford part that is direct replacement?

KevG
08-08-11, 10:34 PM
Cheers for the tip. Is there any particular Ford part that is direct replacement?

on the bay of e (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRONT-WINDSCREEN-WASHER-PUMP-Ford-Mondeo-Saloon-93-00-/360306095922?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item53e3eab732)

Enright
09-10-11, 12:56 PM
Is there any particular age or model Xsara that you have to get mist spray washer jets off?
I just took a pair off a Xsara that I found in a scrapyard this morning and they've got 2 jets each - so no different from standard.

petet16
09-10-11, 01:35 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genuine-Peugeot-206-Mist-Type-Washer-Jet-/120765910710?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c1e358eb6

These will do the job.

Danny Coleman
12-10-11, 01:36 PM
What happened to the Bosch aero blades that were on the car when Kai had it off me, they were new in january this year.

pheelay
12-10-11, 01:41 PM
hehe, this was a couple of week before I bought the 180 from Kai, so it was for my other ZS ;)

Danny Coleman
12-10-11, 01:48 PM
doh!!