PDA

View Full Version : 03MY ZS180 Saloon Trophy Blue with Mods

ZS
10-08-11, 07:16 AM
Due to costs I'm having to change cars to a more economical vehicle (single father with two children under 6 is very expensive)

Therefore my ZS180 is reluctantly up for sale...

Spec:

Trophy Blue ZS180 Saloon on an 03 plate (Custom plate on at the moment)
Uprated Gearbox Bearings and Type B Limited Slip Diff
Brembo 4 pot front brakes (brand new discs and pads)
Brand New Rear pads and very new discs
XPower Exhaust Duel Exit
BMC induction kit
OZ SuperLeggera 17 inch wheels (Slight Curbing, one centre cap missing)
MK2 Bumpers and lights fitted
MK2 180 body kit sitting in garage waiting to be sprayed up and fitted
Replacement MK2 Rear bumper waiting to be sprayed up and fitted (current one fitted is damaged) - That means there is a total of three heat shields between the bumpers
Belts Done
VIS and Manifold perfect working order
MK2 Dash with MK1 Centre console (Colour coded, although could do with a respray if I'm being picky)
Blue insert Steering Wheel
Blue insert Monaco Half Leather seats
Sheddist Clutch Kit Fitted with brand new clutch pedal
Janspeed Sports Cat
Traffic Master
XPower Gear knob (Silver)
oh and Mileage... 106,000

If you need any more information then let me know...

I'm thinking ?1100 ono

I don't have any recent pictures and since I dumped my phone in a sink of water its camera doesn't work properly (another story) however... to wet your appetite - http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=11588 - Note that the wheels are not Black Oz Superleggaras with brembo's under and I have fitted the front headlight washers (although not wired up behind the bumper) also no shots of the damaged rear bumper (although replacement is provided)

Since the "new" car is in ashford (IIRC) I can deliver locally to there if anyone is interested, on the condition you pay cash and can drop me over to the other car :)

vanishing days
10-08-11, 07:43 AM
Hey good luck with the sale. would you not do better to sell the bodykit and bits separately to get more money?

ZS
10-08-11, 07:54 AM
Hey good luck with the sale. would you not do better to sell the bodykit and bits separately to get more money?

Possibly... but if I go down that route I'd have to break the car as not got the MK1 bits any more...

Which reminds me 12 months MOT (11th August 2012 due) and tax Sept 2011

mattie007
10-08-11, 08:08 AM
Thats a great spec Sam, but the pictures wont load for me.
So it has front and rear mk2 bumpers, does it have standard mk1 180 skirts on?

ZS
10-08-11, 08:11 AM
Thats a great spec Sam, but the pictures wont load for me.
So it has front and rear mk2 bumpers, does it have standard mk1 180 skirts on?

Currently yes... although MK2 skirts are sitting in the garage along with the rest of the MK2 180 kit... - Just needs spraying and fitting!

mattie007
10-08-11, 08:16 AM
Shame you cant get any newer pics up. Im always tempted by a decent 180, but just not sure I could run it at 12k a year and a bike on 5k a year on minimum wage :(

ZS
10-08-11, 08:25 AM
Shame you cant get any newer pics up. Im always tempted by a decent 180, but just not sure I could run it at 12k a year and a bike on 5k a year on minimum wage :(

TBH I'm finding this 2l turbo Insignia Diesel to have almost as bad MPG as my 180... to the degree I'm seriously considering handing the VX back... lol (Hire car while insurance sort out the 600 write off)

I'll see if I can borrow a camera and take photos :)

peterzs
10-08-11, 09:26 AM
Shame its got to go, cheap deal with all the spec and belts done, take the belts costs out and you are giving it away.

All the best with the sale.

:smile1::smile1::smile1:

Dan1971
10-08-11, 12:37 PM
Cracking car this - Bargain.

Good luck mate

rakester
10-08-11, 03:13 PM
Excellent price for spec! I wouldn't let mileage put people off, these big V6 engines seem to go on well!

Phate
10-08-11, 04:26 PM
I'll offer you a years worth of hand-jobs in exchange for this car?

Dan1971
10-08-11, 04:51 PM
:lovers: :hump:

ZS
10-08-11, 06:37 PM
I'll offer you a years worth of hand-jobs in exchange for this car?

From you or your sister ;) lmao

Taphouse
10-08-11, 07:22 PM
great spec, great price. good luck with sale.

Yampiedog
10-08-11, 09:04 PM
Sorry to see this Sam but needs must. I am in a similar position and thinking of selling but for slightly different reasons.

peterzs
10-08-11, 09:19 PM
Wont have any left at this rate.

Pity there arnt enough dervs to go around.

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

ZS
18-08-11, 06:50 AM
Forgot to add...

Janspeed Sports Cat
Traffic Master
XPower Gear knob (Silver)
The Xpower Exhaust is the duel exit version

Lowered price to ?1100 ono

First post updated....

stamford
18-08-11, 07:24 AM
Tis a shame but needs must etc. That should not stick as it is a well spec'd ZS. Some parts I wouldn't mind.

Phate
18-08-11, 07:24 AM
Just been speaking to Sam, the temptation to buy this, sell the mk2 bits for cheaper mk1 bits and then put it on a diet for some track fun is very very high!

stamford
18-08-11, 07:26 AM
Do it, would be a waste otherwise.

Phate
18-08-11, 07:29 AM
Do it, would be a waste otherwise.

I would have if I hadn't agreed to shell out ?500 for some plastering yesterday (damn houses and day to day responsibilities!)

If it's still for sale in a month, which for Sam I hope it isn't. I'll have it :)

ZS
19-08-11, 08:38 AM
Sold pending collection...

stamford
19-08-11, 01:03 PM
Hardly surprising Sam at that price.

Dan1971
19-08-11, 01:36 PM
Thank God ... Was close to offering you mine for yours - coz I've seen and heard it - plus cash ..... Phew .... !

ZS
19-08-11, 01:41 PM
Thank God ... Was close to offering you mine for yours - coz I've seen and heard it - plus cash ..... Phew .... !

From what I gather though the car is to be broken up for parts... although not 100% sure...

Still wondering if I can find a grand from somewhere else to get the 75 and keep the zs though! really don't want to let it go... Anyone want to lend me the money for a few months? lmao

Dan1971
19-08-11, 02:02 PM
From what I gather though the car is to be broken up for parts... ... lmao

Noooooo !!!!

Dave ZS-X
19-08-11, 06:35 PM
plus one, shame on the new buyer if its broken just to make a few quid, a real mg enthusiast could not do that !

stamford
19-08-11, 08:36 PM
plus one, shame on the new buyer if its broken just to make a few quid, a real mg enthusiast could not do that !

Agree 100%. I know they can command more in parts but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm more for those that save them from the scrapheap and put them back on the road. If I had the cash and the room I would stockpile spares and buy total write-offs to salvage what I could and sell them to the needy. Pisses me off the way these cars are being sold, way too cheap and that includes mk2s, however it is due to the stigma attached to the MGR brand that has caused this. Too many drivers out there worried about the badge up their drive, very sad.

ZS
21-08-11, 06:35 PM
Its now gone :( I'm going to miss that car!

stamford
22-08-11, 07:13 AM
I hope it's not been bought for breaking as that is wrong for a car that is still clean and straight. There's no argument to justify it in my book.

MG6Turbo
22-08-11, 08:33 PM

pmsl @ the guy who ripped the only english built part and replaced it with a german soul !! true MG enthusiast that !!!

oh my ribs ache !