PDA

View Full Version : oh well

garymar1983
05-11-07, 08:30 PM
:sad: well i just had the rover connected to the diagnostics as i had feeling she was not right,

low and behold i was right,
my vis is playing up, butterfly valve is staying open.

be intersting to see how it drives once it fixed.
i'm gussing i just need to open up vis motors an check it out, dont think it is the actual inlet manifold thats broken,
any one else shed a bit of light for me?

sduk
05-11-07, 09:24 PM
ahh sorry to hear that mate, hope you get it sorted asap :) I'm sure someone on here will be able to advise,

Sammy

arwilson80
05-11-07, 10:29 PM
Another VIS problem... :(

Leasky
05-11-07, 10:47 PM
easy fix?

Maxxed_Ross
06-11-07, 06:23 AM
If it's the vis motors that are away then no, not really

Craig
06-11-07, 07:40 AM
you may be able to fix the vis motor, failing that a new one may be needed, not exactly a big issue

KevG
06-11-07, 07:53 AM
If it is the VIS motors (Balance and Power), then they are an easy fix depending on what is wrong with them!

Power Motor (Situated at the upper front of the engine) - Usually this is poor soldering on the PCB, resolder the micro switches and affix with a small self tapping screw.

Balance Motor (Situated at the Left hand upper side of the engine) - This is usually full of oil. due to the breather system on the KV6, so sometimes these can be cleaned, if not then a replacement will be required.

If, the internals of the Plenum chamber are knackered then the whole unit will need replaced, no other way I'm afraid.

garymar1983
06-11-07, 09:37 AM
If it is the VIS motors (Balance and Power), then they are an easy fix depending on what is wrong with them!

Power Motor (Situated at the upper front of the engine) - Usually this is poor soldering on the PCB, resolder the micro switches and affix with a small self tapping screw.

Balance Motor (Situated at the Left hand upper side of the engine) - This is usually full of oil. due to the breather system on the KV6, so sometimes these can be cleaned, if not then a replacement will be required.

If, the internals of the Plenum chamber are knackered then the whole unit will need replaced, no other way I'm afraid.

cheers kev, it the power motor that the problem, just need to get five mins to whip it off an see what crack is. are the screws to hold the switchs in place?

would be nice just to do away with the whole shbang and just have a normal inlet manifold. what do the old touring cars use
surely not the same inlet setup????

Maxxed_Ross
06-11-07, 10:01 AM

that's what happened to my mates red one, the whole intake system had to come off :thumbsdown:

stamford
06-11-07, 12:19 PM
There isn't much to them to be honest, just a git to take apart. Be careful when trying to remove the lid, not to break the tags and run a scalpel down the resin where the connector is bonded to the housing.
Once open you will see what little there is inside and what little quality too! If it is an easy fix, then great, if not then they are not that expensive really. If you can fix it, then when it is time to pop back into the manifold, ensure you get the cam peg engaged into the slot of the actuator arm.

I'll see if I have some pictures that may assist.

Z Scotland
06-11-07, 07:28 PM
Have a look here m8: post 76

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=84&page=8

garymar1983
07-11-07, 07:12 AM
Have a look here m8: post 76

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=84&page=8

Nice one mate!!!! cheers

garymar1983
10-11-07, 05:21 PM
sorted me vis today.