PDA

View Full Version : If you see GU03KBJ Atomix

norfie
15-08-11, 05:29 PM
If anybody sees this car please give me a PM as it has been stolen by deception from me and I would like to get my money or the car back.

stamford
16-08-11, 07:26 AM
Sorry to hear this. Give us more info, like where it was located and its likely destination.

talkingcars
16-08-11, 12:41 PM
Sorry to hear this.

What colour is it?
Hatch or saloon?
120+ spec?
Any mods?

norfie
16-08-11, 12:43 PM
The car is a Le Mans Green hatchback, Atomix edition and has been fitted with a set of straights and a piper back box.

The guy is abit of a shister, the address in Poole, Dorset I had (from his driving licence) he had been there for over a year and a half (baliffs and debt collectors looking for him there) and the other address in Tring, Hertfordshire (his mothers house) and she says she has not seen him for 2 months so he has probably moved onto another area by now.

fastmike
16-08-11, 12:51 PM
Im not far from Tring......... give me her address and I,l drive by later in the week

dazultra2000
16-08-11, 03:20 PM
I live in Poole, I'll keep my eye open.

peterzs
16-08-11, 05:01 PM
Its about 5 miles from me, so will keep a lookout for it.

:wave:

Blade9274
18-08-11, 08:19 PM
I live right next to tring too, will keep I eyes open

Supercharged_Z
18-08-11, 08:26 PM
znd me

norfie
25-08-11, 04:52 PM
I have found out from the Police that my car was seized by baliffs about 6 weeks ago and sold on ebay so it could now be anywhere. It was a london based baliff company so it might still be in the south somewhere but if someone is going to buy a car without a V5 it's probably in bits by now and sold as spare parts.

Southside_ZS
25-08-11, 05:45 PM
Was the V5 still in your name? surely the police should of returned it to you and not sold it off?

norfie
25-08-11, 06:14 PM
It was the baliff company that sold it. He showed them an insurance certificate and had the key so they took it as his and took it away and sold it.

KirkJames
25-08-11, 08:46 PM
Surely the bailiff company should of checked with DVLA or something. Are they allowed by law to sell a car without verifying who owns it. I'd check that if you haven't already!

fastmike
26-08-11, 05:48 AM
This may no longer be law ..... But...... some years ago a friend bought a used Rolls Royce , one day he came home to find it gone..... Baillifs had taken it cos the previous owner had taken out a "log book loan" and defaulted on the payment.... the car was damaged by the Bailiffs too.... the guy took the bailiffs to court and got his car back and the cost of the repairs.... this car was bought from a dealer and passed an H.P.I check ...so its worth looking into , see if you can claim it back..... I wish you luck with this , your a victim of a crime and you,de think our police force would be of some help matey

talkingcars
26-08-11, 10:09 AM
I had a similar problem with a mk1 scirocco I bought from a dealer in Croydon, a month after I got it I was stopped and arrested at Gatwick for driving a stolen car! Turned out the dealer had previously sold the car on HP to someone who had defaulted on the loan so the car was taken back by baillifs and the dealer had to take it back as per his contract with the HP company. Meanwhile the previous owner went into Milton Keynes police station and claimed the car had been stolen so he could claim on his insurance.

Way back then in the late '80s dealers didn't have to register cars in their name so while it was being repaired (would appear the defaulting owner had rolled it due to verious bits that I discovered later in my ownership) and sitting on the dealers forecourt it was below the DVLA radar.

I was obviously cleared of any wrong doing about 3 hours after being arrested, the police were ever so nice, while waiting to speak to the dealer they put me in a cell, left the door open, offered me food and drink, rang my boss and said "we don't think he has done anything wrong but we've had to arrest him...."

3 months later I was sitting outside a scrap yard in the scirocco while a mate was having his screen replaced on his marina when a police car came upto the scrap yard, we heard him do a PNC check on the reg as it bleed through on to my FM radio, he must have reconised the description as it was reported stolen locally, he looked very disappointed when he got the reply.

I then got a call from Thames Valley police asking me to confirm the story and then 6 months after getting the car I got the V5 and the HP purchaser got done for fraud.

Anyway, enough of my scirocco.

Did you report the "theft" of your car to the police as soon as the deceiption was discovered, did you still have the car insured at the point of deception (i.e. when the thief took the car), have you contacted the insurance company, have you contacted eBay, have you contacted the baliffs, have you contacted DVLA.

At the end of the day all these organisations as party to your loss and all should be working towards you getting your money.

norfie
26-08-11, 12:03 PM
I am finding this whole episode so frustrating. The Police are telling me it is a civil matter so it's down to me to chase him for the money. The Police will not give me the baliff company name or where they are (data protection don't you know) so how am I supposed to chase things up if I can not have the information.:wall:

fastmike
26-08-11, 01:27 PM
Do you still have a key to this vehicle ?
If its a civil matter and its registered in YOUR name I,de go and take it ....

Maxxed_Ross
26-08-11, 02:34 PM
as above, especially if everything is still in your name

then change the locks so they can't pinch it back.

talkingcars
27-08-11, 05:20 AM
I am finding this whole episode so frustrating. The Police are telling me it is a civil matter so it's down to me to chase him for the money. The Police will not give me the baliff company name or where they are (data protection don't you know) so how am I supposed to chase things up if I can not have the information.:wall:

How did the buyer deceive you?
This is inportant as it makes the difference between being a civil mater and a police matter.