PDA

View Full Version : Yet another MK2 180, ?950

Southside_ZS
15-08-11, 10:31 PM
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201132410056970/sort/priceasc/usedcars/maximum-age/up_to_7_years_old/model/zs/make/mg/radius/100/page/1/postcode/b772rs?logcode=p

ThumpJunkie
15-08-11, 10:53 PM
That's ridiculous.

stamford
16-08-11, 07:16 AM
Criminal, not helping owners but certainly will for those looking to buy.

peterzs
16-08-11, 09:09 AM
Way things are going with insurance companies, lucky its not a cat. C

Looks OK for that money.

:wave:

fastmike
16-08-11, 10:54 AM
That is just insane.....it makes me scared to buy one

andys1981
16-08-11, 10:55 AM
bargain

talkingcars
16-08-11, 12:20 PM
Belts?
Service history?
Spoiler?

Bobdope2002
16-08-11, 02:05 PM
Belts?
Service history?
Spoiler?

For ?950 do you really care......

in a years time im gonna be defo looking into another 180 and i will be looking for a really low priced one and do it up

Phate
16-08-11, 05:42 PM
I am seriously considering buying a cheap one as a track slag to be honest. If it dies/breaks/gets smashed up on track. I wouldn't care as it'd go there on a trailer anyway.

As a daily driver, no ta. I love them, but that itch has been scratched :)

Cheap track slag tho...hmmmm....

Bobdope2002
16-08-11, 05:51 PM
As a daily driver, no ta. I love them, but that itch has been scratched :)

Im kinda in the same boat as you on this one bud......love the 180 but wud never pay good money for one again if i did buy one.....

Im very tempted by other stuff at the min also

Phate
16-08-11, 05:54 PM
My justification for it is that nearly any damage these days and they get written off. Im not really up for spending hours and hours working on my pride on joy getting it in a pristine condition to have some tard drive into the back of me again and then start the process over again!

Ofcourse I'll own something I'm very proud of again but you can bet your life that it'll be something that'll have half a chance of being repaired by the insurers! :)

Bobdope2002
16-08-11, 05:57 PM
My justification for it is that nearly any damage these days and they get written off. Im not really up for spending hours and hours working on my pride on joy getting it in a pristine condition to have some tard drive into the back of me again and then start the process over again!

Ofcourse I'll own something I'm very proud of again but you can bet your life that it'll be something that'll have half a chance of being repaired by the insurers! :)

Repaired A ZS via insurance

dont utter those words of a miracle in here

:p

talkingcars
16-08-11, 07:37 PM
My point is that for ?950 you are not going to get a car that is loved and looked after, if you don't want a car that is loved or looked after then go for it.

For a track day car, if I could afford one, I'd be spending less.

Southside_ZS
16-08-11, 10:43 PM
My point is that for ?950 you are not going to get a car that is loved and looked after, if you don't want a car that is loved or looked after then go for it.

For a track day car, if I could afford one, I'd be spending less.

Have you been to view it? Cant really judge a car just by looking at some pictures.

starfire039
17-08-11, 06:41 AM
No.

talkingcars
17-08-11, 11:26 AM
Have you been to view it? Cant really judge a car just by looking at some pictures.

No, I haven't been to veiw it but an advert with just 3 photos and limited details tell as much of a story as lots of pictures and lots of details.

The car is only ?950 for a reason, what the reason is only one can guess at this stage.

No mention of service history or belts being changed might be a clue, the car is the right age to be just over due for both.

No interior pictures or under bonnet pictures or pictueres of much of the car might be.

When considering a car advertised on the internet I always take a bit of time to study the background of the pictures, in this case they are taken on a busy road in a housing estate, proberbly local authority built either in the 1930's or 1950's, the sort of area where someone buying this sort of car proberbly has some idea about cars.

Of course I maybe completly wrong, maybe the car maybe the bargin of the century but I doubt it, I'd be asking for that information before I set off to buy this car unless it was very local to me.