PDA

View Full Version : SAIC/MG At Anglesey

Alan.F
19-08-11, 07:46 PM
I was marshalling Anglesey on Thursday and SAIC/MG were there testing a MG 6 Turbo, MG 6 Derv a Rowe 550 and 1 of only 2 MG Zero's in the country. I have to say i like the Zero its a lovely looking car.

Best part of the day for me was that in the lunch break i got to do 4 fast laps in the 1.8 Turbo powered MG 6 around the track and think it was on par with a ZS in handling it was slightly softer than the 180 but that didnt hinder it at all it held on well. The power wasn't a kick in the pants type affair it was very smooth and quick.

All in all my opinion has changed on these now having driven one and from what i was told by the guys who developed the ZS suspension who are doing the 6 aswell is that it get even better.

peterzs
19-08-11, 07:49 PM
Nice perk, getting to do a few laps, may see it racing yet.

:hmmm::hmmm::rambo::rambo:

stamford
19-08-11, 08:39 PM
Will we ever see any footage of this at all? Or just for their own archives?

Alan.F
19-08-11, 08:45 PM
Will we ever see any footage of this at all? Or just for their own archives?

Just there own archives m8 we were not allowed to take any photos at all :(

stamford
19-08-11, 08:57 PM
That's a real shame, but at least you got a few laps which was good.

Smokey
19-08-11, 09:50 PM
MG Zero? Must have missed that?!?

zsserbia
19-08-11, 10:46 PM
Nice to hear they're on to something with the 6, it would be a shame if it handled any worse than the zed. Design not bad at all imho, only that people say dash material is poor quality. But in the end, many of today's models suffer from this to reduce costs. Sadly, under the bonnet it is normal nowadays to find a 1.8 because higher displacement means higher class and price range. You caught a glimpse of the derv maybe, any info?
The zero looks very good, must be appealing in person...

KevG
20-08-11, 02:12 PM
MG Zero? Must have missed that?!?

http://lgeijg.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pbR36Odr6xkk010G0H3olUn0Tj97slGC9Cf6JODZinZ-nsorpfaf-l85YOucKmKbmoVNIwemBLhYhMppeFcaVH4F-p1b38ulX/MG%20Zero.jpg

Alan.F
20-08-11, 07:20 PM
Nice to hear they're on to something with the 6, it would be a shame if it handled any worse than the zed. Design not bad at all imho, only that people say dash material is poor quality. But in the end, many of today's models suffer from this to reduce costs. Sadly, under the bonnet it is normal nowadays to find a 1.8 because higher displacement means higher class and price range. You caught a glimpse of the derv maybe, any info?
The zero looks very good, must be appealing in person...

Apparently the engine is a 1.9 and its a joint design between SAIC/MG and a German company and they are expecting good figures from it i was told but they wouldn't say who it was.

The zero does look good in the flesh its over here for it to have some design changes for the European market. both are not expected to be released till lare 2012 early 2013 which is bloody silly imho

zsserbia
20-08-11, 10:31 PM
Apparently the engine is a 1.9 and its a joint design between SAIC/MG and a German company and they are expecting good figures from it i was told but they wouldn't say who it was.

The zero does look good in the flesh its over here for it to have some design changes for the European market. both are not expected to be released till lare 2012 early 2013 which is bloody silly imho

1,9 tdi is sounds like a good choice for the European market, especially if they develop it with vw or audi, people trust these motors a lot, they are fairly reliable and have some good figures, as said.

As for the zero, I hope they don't mess it with 15'' or even 14'' rims and smaller wheel arches like others do. I remember how ford ''verve'' study (new fiesta prototype) looked like, the production model is far from it:

http://www.google.com/search?q=ford+verve&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=608&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=SzVQTtv9OMTE4gSsw7TYBw&sqi=2&ved=0CCQQsAQ