PDA

View Full Version : New Car (non MGR Content)

rakester
22-08-11, 10:11 AM

stamford
22-08-11, 10:21 AM
Looks a real sleeper in that livery. I know they are supposed to be a pretty good car but I must admit to not being that bothered about them. Too many boy racers ruining them by adding decals and loud exhausts that make them too boomy, around here they are. It makes me want to check the plugs as they always sound wrong! Anyway, at least you are trying a few different cars out, that's what it's all about. Keep posting updates as interested in what you do next.

Phate
22-08-11, 10:36 AM
It needs a spoiler!

talkingcars
22-08-11, 11:03 AM
Sleeper............nice one.

I was considering a WRX but they are all driven by chavs locally so I got the ZS.

peterzs
22-08-11, 12:49 PM
Awesome looking motor, would love it.

Went out in a 400 bhp one, blew your mind away, so much power and brakes were up to the job.

Had a look for one, but the ones I could afford ?4kish, were all dogs, looked they had just come off 2 or 3 hard rallies. Bits of body falling off, so didnt bother.

Yours looks mint, good find.

:wave:

Mr ZS180
22-08-11, 03:38 PM
You will not be disappointed with that mate. Although the RA is a lot noisier than the WRX it feels so much lighter!

The bonnet is a good example. I've felt heavier carbon ones!!!!

One of my mates had a 1996 black one which ran 358bhp on the rollers at Surrey Rolling Road. He sold it after we had a trip to Southend one night, I was in my 'tuned' 220 turbo, we did a rolling start accel from about 70mph to max speed and we ran exactly neck and neck until his topped out at 135mph due to the close ratio box and my Rover carried on till the speedo needle wouldnt move any more lol!

Another mate currently has a blue facelft RA with a limited edition plaque but it has all the STi gubbins ie electrics all round etc.

Just needs a spoiler though IMO

p_b82
22-08-11, 03:42 PM
that looks a real nice sleeper :)

big_wasa
22-08-11, 03:54 PM
I keep wanting a latter bug or blob eye but cant afford an sti and evos 6+ are well out of budget.

Maybe next year.

Mr ZS180
22-08-11, 04:11 PM
I keep wanting a latter bug or blob eye but cant afford an sti and evos 6+ are well out of budget.

Maybe next year.

+1

I want a bug wagon with quad headlight conversion!

daytona365
22-08-11, 04:58 PM
Not bad for a NON -ZS.................

Ritchy
22-08-11, 05:41 PM
looking nice mr jake, that one was definatly worth the wait, personlly id get a spoiler but just because the impreza suits one soo much!

whats the in the plannings for it?

Magic
22-08-11, 08:09 PM
I used to have a bugeye WRX before my current MG ZS, love Imprezas, just so damn expensive to run every day.

Nice car that rakester!

Supercharged_Z
22-08-11, 08:16 PM
very nice, a good friend of mine is is into his scoobs. not really for me but i do envy the power and 4wd from time to time. also sound so nice...

as somebody has said personally i wouldnt own a scooby as to many people have given the car a wrong name by basicly being chavs.. but if i were to buy one (and honestly i have looked in the past) it would need to be one like this.

look forward to your updates

Ross

Ritchy
22-08-11, 08:31 PM
sounds good, as you said dont really want to drill your alloy bootlid

i know what you mean espiecially with the cars image its hard to find one that isnt wrecked, that one looks a minter but

Magic
23-08-11, 08:30 PM
Yeah running costs and servicing aren't cheap sadly but I don't do much mileage so should be all gravy, do you have any pics of your bugeye?

I certainly do:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/foysta/PICT0012aa.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/foysta/PICT0070aa.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/foysta/PICT0114.jpg

I miss it soooo much.

Adamzs180
19-05-12, 10:43 PM
V nice. if i hadn't caught the z bug. i'd prob have one of those myself

Maxxed_Ross
20-05-12, 06:59 AM
Once you've had an Impreza it's hard to go back, I love my RB320 more than any car I've ever driven.

A mate has the Type R import - basically the same car but a 3 door shell, and it's amazing how quick it is for it's age. It's easy to see why they were such a force in the Rally world in the early days. It has the same light-weight parts too

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/SCHU3Y/Detail198.jpg

I'm sure it's a P1 front bumper and poiler he has on his, really suits it

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/SCHU3Y/Detail213.jpg

talkingcars
20-05-12, 09:10 AM
V nice. if i hadn't caught the z bug. i'd prob have one of those myself

We were actually looking at them when we stumbled across my 180, having had a string of MGR products it seemed to make sense, also the impretza is the car of choice for the local chav and £ for £ I got twice as much ZS as I'd have got scubby, doesn't mean I'll never get one as I still think they look stunning and sound good.

Ritchy
20-05-12, 10:05 AM
lights look a lot fresher, suit the black

Quadcam24
20-05-12, 01:06 PM
sweet, saw a p1 yesterday, still ticked all the boxes, still a real tour de force.
I had a classic turbo lightly modded, it wasnt particularly great at anything, specially not handling but still it was so appealing.

Quadcam24
20-05-12, 03:07 PM
just a uk turbo 2000, it was very young when i had it and low mileage, brought from subaru garage it was mint.
Handling wasn't bad but even with brand new potenzas it understeered too much and was sprung too softly, the 4wd wouldnt pull you out of a corner like folk imagine, if you got on the power early it just understeered wide. Zs handled better as standard and was better again with a quaife.
I understand the type Ra's , p1's etc are all much better but the uk turbo deffinitely had it short comings.
Me and Kev went to castle combe in our zs back in about 05 or 06 with the scooby forum and ran rings roound 95% of them in the pouring rain, they were mostly newer model bugeyes and uk bugeye sti's and they handled like boats, no doubt a well driven type RA would have trounced us........infact yes, one of the organisers had a type ra ...350 bhp and well modified and that was in another league to all the other scoobs and out of our reach too, although not by the huge margin you would think.

Maxxed_Ross
21-05-12, 05:40 AM
probably why I'll never sell mine, it was the last of the "Proper" Imprezas before they went all weird.

I drove the new R saloon when it was launched and even though it's supposed to have 320bhp just like mine it was so boring to drive, felt hell of a heavy and didn't even sound the part. Interior was nice, but you don't buy one of these to be comfy and have loads of electronic toys.

I can't remember the last time I had the stereo on in mine lol

ZS
21-05-12, 07:27 AM
I keep getting asked why I sold my old "blue imprezza"... Strange because I have never owned one or even driven one! lol - I personally prefer the evo...

On querying the people who ask the question I am told "you know the blue one you had for 5 or 6 years?" At which point I say "Do you mean my old MG ZS??" ha ha ha you should see their faces then :p:clown: