PDA

View Full Version : Questions

braggy71
23-08-11, 12:04 PM
New to ZS ownership and the forum (have a ZS110 with the 180 kit on) although have had many MG's in my time, just part ex'd the ZR160 for this one. However I have a few questions?
1) Where can I get interior styling for the car - aftermarket maybe??
2) Will the 180 interior fit mine (mk 2 2005) seats and door cards
3) Is it easy to replace the manual windows for electric
4) Is the dash/centre console different in the 180 compared to the 110 (obviosuly has all the extras, but is it a different layout)

So many questions.......:hmm:

This is a second car that I am using as a daily driver so I am not planning on spending a fortune on extra bits just want to tidy the interior up (I spend a fortune on my weekend/show car so finances would be a little too stretched)

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks guys
Melanie

stamford
23-08-11, 12:13 PM
Plenty of mk2 owners who can answer those questions. All the interiors can be swapped about from mk1s as well as mk2s. Some have upgraded to electric windows all round as well. Centre console differences between the 110/120 and 180 would be the climate control feature.

braggy71
23-08-11, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the reply!

Another question I have just thought of. I've been looking for an exhaust for it but cant seem to find any for a 1.6 they are all the 1.8 and 2.5. Anyone any ideas what fits the 1.6?
Dont just want to go for a standard exhaust when the time comes, but dont want one that is too loud either, I am presuming at the moment that the exhaust fron the 1.8 will fit the 1.6 but I wait to be corrected :hmmm:

braggy71
24-08-11, 12:24 PM
:wall:

stamford
24-08-11, 12:37 PM
Surprised no-one has chipped in, not as if it hasn't been done before! Some go for a Powerflow system made to suit, can be the better option and will outlast the car!

BUCKYDEVIL
24-08-11, 01:01 PM
For your exhaust the 1.6/1.8 are the same,
If you wish you can also fit a 180 Backbox onto the 1.6
It requires a little fettling to fit but any exhaust place
could make you up a midsection.
Cheaper to buy a used backbox if you find one,
Keep in mind that lengths differ from Saloon & Hatch

Smokey
24-08-11, 01:31 PM
Also the difference between mk1 and mk2. Learned that the hard way lol

braggy71
25-08-11, 07:46 AM
Thanks guys! :kiss:

peterzs
25-08-11, 09:00 AM
Pop into your local Powerflow exhaust center and get a price

For my derv cat back was ?250, but you get a lifetime guarantee.

:smile2::smile2::smile2:

talkingcars
25-08-11, 11:21 AM
It is simple to swap seats and door cards, the best combination would be early mk1 cards with the infill strip, early mk1 seat backs with the map pocket and which ever seat suits you.

The electric windows are a little harder, you may be lucky to have most of the wiring in place in which case you'd only need to add the switches and door looms and the regulators.
In the mk2 you may need the windows "switched on" through a dealer/garage with a T4 machine.

The aircon is harder, if you already have aircon it is a case of swapping components but I fear that you may not have aircon on the 1.6.

What is your weekend car, any details/photos?

Maxxed_Ross
25-08-11, 11:57 AM
When Kev fitted rear electric windows to my mk2 he pinched all the wiring needed out of a Rover 400, you need to take the wire loom that is inside the door but the rest of the wiring was all there.

All worked fine instantly too.

braggy71
25-08-11, 07:54 PM
What is your weekend car, any details/photos?

2007 Impreza STi, 350bhp / 380lbsft

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af325/Braggy71/IMG_0146.jpg

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af325/Braggy71/IMG_2052.jpg

Ritchy
25-08-11, 08:12 PM
sorry completely missed this thread

the windows in the mk2 are tricky and it isnt something that has been done by many, one i think but it wasnt done properly, the problem comes in with the SCU which basically controls all the electrics, if you have no electric windows at all then you need an scu out a car which had electric windows, which in turn will need coded in via T4(rover diagnostic computer) to your ECU, there isnt a "switch on" like the fog lights option. the wiring is there though just there wont be any power going to it

if you have front electric windows then you can upgrade to rear electric windows pretty easily

fog lights if you dont have them is pretty easy, wiring is all there just need foglamps(with H11 bulbs), and the switch, the relay and fuse is already there, then need it enabled via T4

as said exhaust is the same as the 120/180 from the cat back, but if you just get a backbox you need to modify the flange to make it fit the midpipe, what you need to watch is what exhaust system your buying, there is 4 different exhausts, mk1 hatch, mk1 saloon, mk2 saloon and mk2 hatch, all are different lengths so if you get the wrong one its gonna be sat too far out or tucked under the bumper(like mine haha)

interiors again they all just bolt in dead easy, only difference is the back seat between the hatch and saloon

regards to dash, the actual dash is the same throughout the madel range on the mk, only difference is the centre control, the 180 and some of the plus models have climate control(same as a pagini zonda(lol) then the others just have the normal dials that you probably have, theres a few different finnishes gussing you have the grey one, the other one is black oak which is pretty hard to find

braggy71
31-08-11, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the reply Ritchy, really good info there and I think having read all that we can move forward now. Will let you know how we get on.
Thanks again
Melanie