PDA

View Full Version : Mk2 zs td115

Deckz
09-09-11, 08:17 PM
As above.
2005 ZS TD 115, what are these like?
Have my eye on one and considering it. Not used to the TD MG's at all, more petrol man lol

Anything to look ot for and whats the 115 TD like?

Stephen
09-09-11, 08:45 PM
Loveeeeee mine!!!!

Dan1971
09-09-11, 08:45 PM
Huge question ....

Loads of threads to look at.

Petrol Vs Diesel .... Same as every other comparison.

Diesels are cheaper to run. Much cheaper. Also much noisier, vibrate a hell of a lot more, and are not as fast as a 180.

Several diesels on here have been tweaked a bit. Mine and Pete's spring to mind for not a lot of cash. Pbs has more power but with it, has brought some issues in terms of reliability I think but he'll correct me if I'm wrong.

I've owned 3 180s which are the V6, and given the choice based on the car alone - I'd have the V6 over a diesel all day long - but - factor in running costs like fuel, tax and insurance, and the diesel makes a strong arguement.

I've got a print out saying that my 115 now has 151 horses and the mods cost me - with fitting - about ?250. Still get 45 mpg.

Deckz
09-09-11, 08:47 PM
I've got a print out saying that my 115 now has 151 horses and the mods cost me - with fitting - about ?250. Still get 45 mpg.

Tell me more lol :icecream:

Thank for the info aswell.

Dan1971
09-09-11, 08:49 PM
Tell me more lol :icecream:

Thank for the info aswell.

All here pal ....

http://themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=17840

Deckz
10-09-11, 12:38 PM
Cheers for that sur.

Southside_ZS
10-09-11, 04:31 PM
Only big issue with the Diesel is the electronic fuel pump. Quite common for packing up but they should still see over 100k without problems unless its been tuned.

My mrs's moms 45 diesel pump packed up at 116k. Was quoted around ?400 for a new one so she scrapped the car as it wasn't worth much more. I know they'll be cheaper used but its finding one that been locked properly before being removed.

peterzs
10-09-11, 05:18 PM
Great cars, go well, one thing to check out for is the MAF sensor, when they go they wont let the car rev to the red line, or accelerate.

Best thing is to go for a few test drives, let you know what they go like.

:clap::clap::clap:

p_b82
12-09-11, 11:57 AM
i love mine have to say - even with it being a tempremental biatch a lot of the time... however i am getting close to sorting out the reliability.

the MAF, split intercooler hoses, oil cooler pipes and timing solenoid on the fuel pump are the most common issues - and in order of seriousness.

As others have said for a few mods you can get about 150bhp and 250lbsft torque out them - should run like that without needing to to do any other mods or affect reliability really.. i got a big build thread in the projects section if you really want to see how far we can go with them ;)