PDA

View Full Version : buyingva car with a slight rattle?

chris106
11-09-11, 03:40 PM
I have a deposit on a 180 I am buying I currently have the car and am paying it off tomorrow
When I was inspecting it earlier I noticed a slight rattle only when reved, I really want the car but I do no the costs.. its an 05? 25000 miles for two grand, cat d and also small boot leak no rust... is it worth that much? He's already come down 500.
How much would it be to fit a new inlet manifold or is it easy enough to do? I'm not to bad doing things myself and like to have a go

Anything to help would be good and any links to inlet would be appreciated

In Birmingham 2 atm if any1 wouldn't mind taking a look?

Cheers chris

greenyzs180
11-09-11, 03:43 PM
i got spare inlet with both vis working fine if that helps,only after ?100 with spare gasket and some other bits throwing in,easy to fit as well,well at first i thought it would of been a bitch but ended up being straight forward.

Steves Cleenz
11-09-11, 06:13 PM
If it's a CAT D they can be found cheaper, new inlet manifold is close on ?400 and then new VIS valves as well which are ?80 was IIRC and then labour to fit it even though it's a pretty straight forward and easy job, but I would try to knock him down more

peterzs
11-09-11, 06:42 PM
They are writing ZS's off for a smack up the rear. New bumper and its fixed. Try and find what the damage was for the cat D.

Still seems cheap for 25K miles, 05 car, but seems strange the rattle is there for the low miles.

If you have put a deposit, maybe difficult to get him to move on the price now, but worth a try.

chris106
11-09-11, 08:49 PM
The cat d was from rear end damage all looks ok tho!
Cheers greeny sounds good keep hold of It will you I get paid soon!
I thought it seemed weird but I did a mileage check and have the mot certificates all seems to add up...
Will see what I can do just want the car now!