PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers

ZS Phil
11-09-11, 03:41 PM
After some coilovers suitable for TD / 180. What you got?

Thanks, Phil

ZS Phil
13-09-11, 08:41 PM
boing

ZS Phil
16-09-11, 01:56 PM
Nobody? Ah well, I'll try again in a few weeks.

Dave MGT
16-09-11, 05:10 PM
For what it's worth , it's prob best to buy new. If you get a 2nd hand set you will more than likely need them serviced which is over 100 quid. For a little more you can get a new set with warranty. I order a set of Gaz a couple of weeks ago. About 530 quid.

I have had a few sets of 2nd hand coilovers and it's a bit of a ball ache when their seized, leaking, collers missing....ect

ZS Phil
16-09-11, 09:14 PM
For what it's worth , it's prob best to buy new. If you get a 2nd hand set you will more than likely need them serviced which is over 100 quid. For a little more you can get a new set with warranty. I order a set of Gaz a couple of weeks ago. About 530 quid.

I have had a few sets of 2nd hand coilovers and it's a bit of a ball ache when their seized, leaking, collers missing....ect

Yeh, I see what you are saying. In an ideal world that is what I would do however I dont have that kind of money to spare at the moment. I could always put some cheapo ebay civic ones on there which are around ?200 new (I was looking at spending 2-3 hundred) however they arent going to be perfectly matched to the car so figured I should see whats out there second hand for that kind of money.
In all honesty its primarily for the handling, its more stance I am after- slow and low and all that but at the same time I dont want to upset the handling too much.