PDA

View Full Version : sad times

bigmac7904
13-09-11, 08:14 PM
i have owned my zs 180 mk2 for just after a month and love it to bits such a underated car in my eyes

but tomorrow i have a meeting with the army docs to im thinking some bad news

during my last tour of afghan i was blown up while in a truck and injured my back and left leg
i have tried my hardest to recover as best i can but with all the travelling i do i am in pain all the time and the docs are saying its down to driving a manual car
now the last thing i want to do is get rid of my car but im thinking a auto car is on the cards

sad story over lol

daytona365
13-09-11, 08:22 PM
That is really bad news............Maybe they just jealous (LOL)

Do hope you can get round having to get rid of the ZS, its good medicine its-self

peterzs
13-09-11, 08:26 PM
I had sciatica some years back, made me cry pushing the clutch down, made you leave it in the wrong gear too long.

My nerve or whatever it was got better after a few months, but I got an auto Ford Crusader, so much easier to drive.

Love autos, wife has a auto Punto 16v Dynamic, great little car.

Maybe sorn the 180 and get a auto, or tell the docs the exercise strengtheners your leg/back.

Sorry to hear of your probs. anything to do with back pain gets my full sympathy.

Best of luck for tomorrow, I'll keep everything crossed that its a better result than you think.

S13AVO
13-09-11, 08:30 PM
Hope everything goes ok tomorrow, but most of all your health is of the upmost importance !!!!!

Supercharged_Z
13-09-11, 09:04 PM
if your having to go auto i can recomend this BMW SMG system, it drives so much like a manual but its a auto. m3 on route ;)

KirkJames
13-09-11, 09:10 PM
if your having to go auto i can recomend this BMW SMG system, it drives so much like a manual but its a auto. m3 on route ;)
Yeah that'll be nice and cheap wont it. Why not go for a decent MG auto, should still have the fun factor. Hope all goes well :)

talkingcars
13-09-11, 09:23 PM
Hope it goes well but if they recomend a change you could go for a 120 auto or a ZT190 auto or get a hand operated clutch, and the KV6 really doesn't mind you being lazy with the gears.

bigmac7904
13-09-11, 09:23 PM
cheers guys well if im honest to myself the auto is the only way to go but that will be a set back as i want to be fit enough to return to afghan next sep

and the zs is so much fun might have to sorn it and keep it but will wait to see what the review comes up with tomorrow

andy666
13-09-11, 09:40 PM
Hope everything goes ok

magpie67
13-09-11, 09:55 PM
good luck mate

ian zs180
13-09-11, 10:51 PM
Hope it all works out for you mate

MG 53 ZED
14-09-11, 04:33 AM
Good luck with the review hope it all works out for you mate.

stamford
14-09-11, 07:34 AM
The very best of luck, for what you guys do they should give you a car!

Dan1971
14-09-11, 07:36 AM
Good luck mate ...

andy666
14-09-11, 08:18 AM
The very best of luck, for what you guys do they should give you a car!

Agree 100%

Bobdope2002
14-09-11, 10:40 AM
What's happening about the wheels then my mate???

greenyzs180
14-09-11, 02:33 PM
i have owned my zs 180 mk2 for just after a month and love it to bits such a underated car in my eyes

but tomorrow i have a meeting with the army docs to im thinking some bad news

during my last tour of afghan i was blown up while in a truck and injured my back and left leg
i have tried my hardest to recover as best i can but with all the travelling i do i am in pain all the time and the docs are saying its down to driving a manual car
now the last thing i want to do is get rid of my car but im thinking a auto car is on the cards

sad story over lol

its people like you that do this country pround,sad to hear but put yer health first and change to an auto if helps.good luck anyway.:strongbench:

bigmac7904
14-09-11, 04:08 PM
What's happening about the wheels then my mate???

dont worry tim the car will not go untill you have the wheels lol

well the review didnt go well and i have been confined to the office untill march next year where a decision will be made as to my fitness to get back out to afghan and the news i was dreading no more manual cars for the time being im gutted

need to sell the car and find an auto that i like cheers for all your support guys if and when i do sell the car i will remain on the forum

Bobdope2002
14-09-11, 04:20 PM

well the review didnt go well and i have been confined to the office untill march next year where a decision will be made as to my fitness to get back out to afghan and the news i was dreading no more manual cars for the time being im gutted

need to sell the car and find an auto that i like cheers for all your support guys if and when i do sell the car i will remain on the forum

Mega haha

Shame you gotta have an auto and not for fuel costs as id have probs offered you a swap for mine

See ya Saturday Bud......Bright and Early :laugh:

S13AVO
14-09-11, 04:35 PM

Sorry to here that mate........ Some nice american V8 auto's out there lol:smile2::smile2:

peterzs
14-09-11, 05:34 PM
Pity Dan got rid of his auto.

Still glad the outcome wasnt more serious, gives you time to strengthen the leg and back.

Stick around, always welcome on here, if you can turn up to some of the meets up north.

I'm sure they would welcome you no matter what you turned up in.

vanishing days
14-09-11, 07:55 PM
Sorry to here that mate........ Some nice american V8 auto's out there lol:smile2::smile2:

im buying a 5.0L v8 camaro 3rd gen have test driven two both autos very nice cars for not alot of money

After_Shock
16-09-11, 08:15 AM
im buying a 5.0L v8 camaro 3rd gen have test driven two both autos very nice cars for not alot of money

Yep really cheap for what they are, always have a soft spot for a US V8 :)

Bad news on the main OP, im sure you will find something good to drive thats an auto.