PDA

View Full Version : Precut Window Tints

andy_mgzs
17-09-11, 10:09 AM
What do you think about this (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230520971690?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_2916wt_1185)?

Has anyone used it yet?

Andy

Mr ZS180
17-09-11, 11:50 AM
Window film is a mission to fit. Scratches and tears so easily.

I had mine done by a guy the other day who comes to your house whenever you want, did the whole car in about 2 hours and only charged me ?120. Im getting him back to do our 307sw next month!

peterzs
17-09-11, 07:50 PM
After being pulled over by a friendly Scottish police car, and being told my front tints were 19.5, if below 20 you fail. 3 points ?60 fine plus you can not drive the car, has to be uplifted to a garage to be detinted.

There was another way out, the police man informed me, take the tints off the front. Result!! Said OK, but the tints after being on for a few years refused to budge.

In the end we went one way and the police man went the other. Always worth being polite and friendly to the boys in blue.

Morale of the story dont tint the fronts, only allowed to have the tints that the car comes out of the factory, we were advised.

-kane-
17-09-11, 07:58 PM
i agree on front ones not getting done but 120 dam.... im paying 70pound for mine to be done and he comes to the house

-kane-
17-09-11, 07:59 PM
i would just like to say on this note any ways why cant we tint front windows but we can were dark sunglass to look out the front windows

peterzs
17-09-11, 08:12 PM
Think its more that "people" cant see in and see what the drivers up to!!!!

peterzs
17-09-11, 08:16 PM
When I took my one in to have the fronts taken off, there was a brand new Range Rover having his fronts removed. After being advised that his fronts were too dark.

Must be a blitz on front window tints!!!

-kane-
17-09-11, 08:27 PM
cops down my neck of the woods seem ok with it will only pull you for them if the pull u up for somthing else aswell...

but i still wouldnt get them done

S13AVO
17-09-11, 09:55 PM
God you guys are getting it done cheap, been hunting for ages for someone cheap around me, and cheapest I've come across is ?195 bloody rip off !!!

Ritchy
17-09-11, 10:12 PM
i would just like to say on this note any ways why cant we tint front windows but we can were dark sunglass to look out the front windows

yeah but you dont wear sunglasses at night lol

id just get them done proffesionally, never be as good as someone who does it all day

talkingcars
18-09-11, 07:00 AM

Most people only wear sunglasses when it's err sunny!

I heard of of a crysler voyger being impounded in Manchester for overly tinted fronts, it had been driven out of the dealership 3 days earlier brand new with factory fitted tints!

If you live in a rough area it might be worth getting light or clear tints on the front, the film strengthens the glass and stops it getting put in if someone tries to smash it.

We do this on our trucks for health and safety as they are on and off construction sites all day.

Andyf
18-09-11, 07:27 AM
I tinted my own windows and unless you know what you are doing I wouldn't bother with precut ones. It took me so many attempts that I needed 3 long rolls for 2 cars. You only get one chance to get it right with the precut one, get one bit wrong and it will cost you another ?45 to get more. At least with a roll you get a good few tries. Get a roll off ebay for about a tenner and see how you get on, once you have cut the shape keep the clear backing plastic as a template for the window on the other side or to recut another piece if you mess it up.

Here's mine, by no means perfect and not as good as my wife's Rav4 but both cars cost me ?30 in total (was quoted nearly ?300 for the Rav alone!) so not too bad BUT it is a real pain to do!

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/120/l_0ad9c6a1d1f34361a87d77a9acad0ae0.jpg

-kane-
18-09-11, 07:41 AM
yeah but you dont wear sunglasses at night lol

id just get them done proffesionally, never be as good as someone who does it all day

lol

the guy i know has his own unit doing it and if u cover his petrol he comes to your house..

S13AVO
18-09-11, 09:23 AM
lol

the guy i know has his own unit doing it and if u cover his petrol he comes to your house..

Is this guy close to me ??? haha :mbounce:

bigmac7904
18-09-11, 09:52 AM
mmmmm interesting