PDA

View Full Version : Need some help please!

KirkJames
21-09-11, 11:13 AM
I still have my misfire even after changing the plugs and the coil packs and the 3 front bank leads. I have also changed the TPS as well.
I am hoping it may just be the 3 leads at the back bank or the fuel filter maybe. Does this sound right or can anyone suggest anything else that may be the culprit.
It's driving me crazy now!!

neiljm0
21-09-11, 11:39 AM
ive just had the same thing started as a missfire replaced plugs ht leeds coil packs fuel filter still there then got advice to try unpluging the lambda sensor to see how she ran and behold missfire gone so i replaced the lambda sensor and all was and is still ok but it took me ages to find fault if it hadnt been for posting on here i would still be searching for answers.

Ritchy
21-09-11, 11:52 AM
Yeah try unplufging the lambda

KirkJames
21-09-11, 12:03 PM
Which Lambda sensor? Pre or Post cat? As I have a fault code for the post cat

Enright
21-09-11, 12:15 PM
If it were me I would start off by unplugging the one that I had the fault code for as the evidence is already stacking up against it.
But if there was no change, I'd plug it back in and unplug the other one.
If still no change I'd try both, but I expect that I'd nail the problem on the first attempt.

KirkJames
21-09-11, 01:15 PM
If I unplug it would it be ok to tie wrap it up out the way or does it come off completely? I presume it just comes off as a whole.

Enright
21-09-11, 01:19 PM
Dunno if it comes off completely (I doubt it), so I guess wrap. But you should only be unplugging it for a test run anyway because a failing or non-existant O2 sensor will cause your fuel economy to drop through the floor, and eventually damage your catalytic converter.

KirkJames
21-09-11, 01:26 PM
Even if it's the sensor after the cat?

Enright
23-09-11, 07:19 AM
If you're getting a fault code from it, why not?

KirkJames
23-09-11, 06:29 PM
I will give it a try but it doesn't do it all the time so will have to see. Do you know which other post cat sensors from mgr cars can I use.

grimmy
23-09-11, 08:03 PM
I will give it a try but it doesn't do it all the time so will have to see. Do you know which other post cat sensors from mgr cars can I use.

I had bother with the pre cat lambda sensors and I took one from a scrapped rover 25 and Chopped and spliced the wires onto my original lambda sensor plug and hey presto no more fault code.might be worth a bash.

KirkJames
23-09-11, 09:47 PM
Cheers Grimmy. I might try and get underneath one tomorrow then and see what I can pilfer! There's a 25 and a TF so we will see what happens.