PDA

View Full Version : My MK2 180 - Tasty Spec

Jay-ZS+
21-09-11, 06:39 PM
It’s with great reluctance, having just bought a bike, I've come to the decision that Ive got to pass my car on. Theres just under 120,000 on the clock although I had a lot of work done on it less than 4,000 miles ago. Including replacement engine with the piper 270 cams fitted with the big cam belt service done at the same time. So engine is good to go for a long time!!

It’s also had a brand new lightweight flywheel (from Eks on XPF), along with a new clutch and a brand new Torsen type B diff with steel caged bearings. Which totally transformed the car the lightweight flywheel and diff are awesome mods.

Since then I have fitted a set of Brembo callipers, braided hoses with new 326mm discs which are HUGH!! The kit was supplied by the guys over on Rovertech, the Brembo’s were fully refurbished with new seals and painted before fitting.

Since the engine change Ive given the car a fully service with new, Plugs, Motul 300v oil and done the filters. There’s an oil catch tank fitted to stop oil vapours getting in to the manifold. The car has been running sweet since the engine change it flew through the last years MOT with just a slight blow on exhaust that was fixed the following week.

Vis motors are fully operational as shown by the way the car pulls and echoed by the VIS indicator fitted.

It’s got a decat fitted and a Piper howler cat back system which sounds so addictive Ive often driven with the window open on rainy days. In the last few months Ive recently replaced all the induction piping for silicon and alloy bends giving the engine bay some bling.

Couple of bad points as every car has them! Wheels could do with a refurb as it seems my parking is not as good as I thought! Wipers are noisy think the motor arms need greasing and the bulb has gone on the fuel gauge. May get round to fixing these before its sold.

Im only the second owner the first being a previous forum member. This car has had a fortune spent on it and apart from stone chips on the front you’d have no idea of the mileage its covered as most bits have been repaced!

Have just had it MOT’d today and again it passed just needing a new tyre which I will fit this week.

With the mods its a quick car that is great fun to drive, although as 90% of my driving is done in traffic Im swapping for a motorbike so I can filter through but I know that im seriously gonna miss the car. :(

Tax: 6 months - 1/3/2012
MOT: 1 Year - 22/9/2012

Im after ?3500 and in no hurry to sell.

Full Spec
Engine:
piper 270 cams and verniers
inner wing filter
decat
piper exhaust
lightweight flywheel

Handling:
Torsen type B diff
Brembo 326mm Discs
braided hoses
team dynamic pro race 1.2s (fronts are scuffed)

Misc:
Vis Indicators (very handy mod)
Oil Catch tank
Tinted windows
Tinted Rear lights
HIDs in dipped and main beam.
Pioneer Head unit with ipod connectivity
Rainbow SAX components in front.
New xpower badges

There is a build thread here for people to look through the history of all the work Ive had done http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=12806

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/jayhowl/DSCF4266.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/jayhowl/DSCF4265.jpg

Will update with more pics later in the week

peterzs
21-09-11, 09:11 PM
Great spec car Jay, best of luck with the sale.

:):):)

Ritchy
21-09-11, 09:20 PM
lovely, car for blair!

zsserbia
21-09-11, 10:08 PM
Best color too ;)

Smokey
21-09-11, 11:32 PM
Um Ritchy....I now have a 180, pick it up on Sunday :D:D

p_b82
23-09-11, 01:11 PM
not that i want to see your lovely ZS leave Bristol, but good luck with the sale..... now where is that spare 3.5k i left down the back of the sofa..... always fancied an XPG MK2 :rofl:

Dan1971
23-09-11, 02:46 PM
Very nice .....

Jay-ZS+
27-09-11, 02:02 PM
Gonna be holding on to the car for a month or so. Just broken my wrist so wont be on the bike for a couple of weeks.

Although with that said I wouldnt say no for the right price.

Quadcam24
22-01-12, 09:17 PM
what would be the right price, 3500 seems very expensive or is it just me ?

Jay-ZS+
22-01-12, 09:22 PM
Open to offers although, Will be renewing the insurance next week and if that happens Im keeping it :)

Quadcam24
22-01-12, 09:27 PM
p.m me what money you would consider,if we are anywhere near then who knows ?

Jay-ZS+
22-01-12, 09:32 PM
To be honest I think Im gonna keep it now, sort out a few of the niggles and use it as a rainy day car.

Quadcam24
22-01-12, 09:34 PM
fair do's it got nice spec, may as well enjoy it.

MG6Turbo
23-01-12, 10:02 AM
Dave, you missing ya zed? You should have kept it as a kv6 and then you probably would have still had it to play with.

I can understand the want for more oomph, but it wasnt a slouch as it was with the v6 in it.

G

Quadcam24
23-01-12, 06:46 PM
naaah engine swap was best mod i ever did, only mistake i made was wasting all that money on the kv6 first ,lol

MG6Turbo
24-01-12, 08:21 AM
naaah engine swap was best mod i ever did, only mistake i made was wasting all that money on the kv6 first ,lol

If that was the case you shouldnt have bought the 180 to start with. Probably would have been cheaper to go and buy a track car to start with.

On another note, glad to see you are keeping the zs Jay.. It is a nice car there, and mk2s are becoming rarer !

G

Bobdope2002
24-01-12, 11:24 AM
Shame it don't bump they're value up.though

Quadcam24
24-01-12, 01:01 PM
If that was the case you shouldnt have bought the 180 to start with. Probably would have been cheaper to go and buy a track car to start with.

On another note, glad to see you are keeping the zs Jay.. It is a nice car there, and mk2s are becoming rarer !

G

well in future i will ask you to look into your crystal ball and tell me what's going to happen in the future....like you must have done when you teamed up with sprintex.! :blink:

i brought the 180 as a family car, and used it as such for a couple of years with no intention of ever turning it into a track car. I had never even been on a track before i had my zs.

The zs ended up faster than almost all of the track cars anyway :laugh:

Bobdope2002
24-01-12, 02:05 PM
well in future i will ask you to look into your crystal ball and tell me what's going to happen in the future....like you must have done when you teamed up with sprintex.! :blink:

i brought the 180 as a family car, and used it as such for a couple of years with no intention of ever turning it into a track car. I had never even been on a track before i had my zs.

hamdbags lads lol

MG6Turbo
24-01-12, 10:31 PM

Ho Ho Ho.:gathering: