PDA

View Full Version : T16 - Surrey?

StragglaSteve
23-09-11, 10:12 PM
Any of you chaps know of a place to get a T16 conversion done in the south / south east of england? :)

Ideally i wanted to take the car to AA autosports as they are experianced in these things, but they're all the way up in Shipley! (just by Bradford).

I would have a crack at it myself, but its a little daunting without having someone who's done it before to work with lol

Dav
24-09-11, 06:44 AM
How handy are you with spanners? Coz Carmadbakers's guide looks really in-depth, so much so, I'm toying with the idea lol

And a mate of mine has just T16'd his mk2 ZR and said it was a piece of cake. The only thing he got AA to do was sort the loom out.

Weekend project for you maybe?

StragglaSteve
24-09-11, 07:53 AM
is there a link to this guide?

ive seen Dan's ZS when it was still in production, looked like a hell of a lot of work! lol... but i have fixed my own HGF so i guess i could give it a shot.

zsserbia
24-09-11, 08:02 AM
Carmadbaker's guide:

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=14472

talkingcars
24-09-11, 08:18 AM
I can't think of anyone else who does a commercial T16 conversion apart from AA.

RSM used to do them but they are much more efficiant at 1 day quick turn around jobs.

carmadbaker
25-09-11, 05:55 AM
She is up and running now dude so you'll have to pop round for a gander, can talk you through it step by step if needed, not a problemo :)

StragglaSteve
25-09-11, 04:07 PM
She is up and running now dude so you'll have to pop round for a gander, can talk you through it step by step if needed, not a problemo :)

Cheers mate, I had a read of you excellent guide and it deffo builds some confidence. Think I'm gonna go for the stage 2 (250bhp) as thats about the power I want and looks more in my budget (?1500), assuming I got the figures in my head right lol!

Will spend this week finding out what I can, then I will probably pick you brain for everything else lol