PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to downsize?

Enright
26-09-11, 08:31 AM
MG ZR TD+ 2.0 L Turbo Diesel, 3 Door Hatchback in X-Power Grey

This is the second of these cars I've owned, and in the short time I've had it, it's been brilliant.
I was so impressed with my original one that I bought this for my Mum & Dad, but they didn't want it because it only has 3-doors.
Then mine got written off by some muppet in a Ford Focus, so I pressed this one into service as my daily driver.
However I was also bidding on an MG ZS at the same time, and won it too, so that's what I'm sticking with and now this car has to make way for it.

When I got it the head gasket needed replacing after the last owner ignored an MoT advisory of a leaking coolant expansion tank, but the work has been done to my usual very high standards, and the rest of the car matches up to it, as I hope you can see from the pictures. There's a bit of a scuff on the front bumper on the driver's side, and the front wings are starting to suffer from the usual bubbling near the bumper and around the wheelarches, but these are just niggles. The rest is excellent - it even still has 2 keys and keyfobs, as well as the owner's manual and much of the service history.

I've also added a lot of desireable upgrades that I'd collected from the previous car, such as a "Monaco" colour-coded part leather interior, vented front disc brakes and solid rear discs, an armrest, SDi injectors, K&N filter, free-flowing exhaust, Trophy rear light units...the list goes on. In fact the full list of specs (or as much as I can remember!) is as follows:

Remote Central Locking Complete With Two Keys & Fobs,
Electric Front Windows & Mirrors,
Electric Tilt/Slide Sunroof,
?Monaco? Cloth/Coloured Leather Seats With Matching Floor Mats,
Height Adjustable Driver?s Seat with Adjustable Lumbar Support,
Tilt Adjustable Steering Column,
Driver?s Airbag,
Front Seatbelt Pre-tensioners,
Split folding Rear Seats,
PAS,
Factory Fitted Alarm/Immobiliser,
Vented Front & Solid Rear Disc Brakes,
Front Armrest,
K&N Panel Filter,
Up-rated ?SDi? Injectors,
De-catted Exhaust with New Powerflow Back-box,
Trophy Rear Light Clusters,
Rare Headlamp Protectors,
Front Mud-flaps,
6 Speaker Radio/CD Player,
Some Service History,
Head-Gasket, Timing Belts, Oil & Filters Recently Changed,
C/W Unused Tow-bar,
Genuine 140bhp with 20 more easily (and reliably) available, while still returning 45+ mpg.
3 Former Keepers,
HPI Clear,
Taxed until February 2012,
M.O.T until 12th April 2012

?1650 ono.

peterzs
26-09-11, 10:38 AM
Nice looking ZR, great spec list, seems a good price with all the work done.

Best of luck with the sale.

:smile2::smile2::smile2: