PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my ZS Mk2 180!

After_Shock
27-09-11, 07:05 PM
After posting in the new members section a couple of weeks back whilst waiting for the other owners private plate to come off ive finally got the ZS 180. Thanks again to all who said hi in the welcome bit!

Details on the car its an 04 Mk2 ZS saloon without the big wing on the back, in X power grey, single owner from new who is now 65, garaged all its life with full history and has done 57k miles.

First impressions - as id read about them really, ride is rock hard, but the steering is pin sharp, probably about the best and most direct steering of any car ive driven. Nice torquey engine, have not really gone past about 3k rpm yet as not using it everyday yet so wont be using it much until sell one of the other cars.

Seems a nice addition to the fleet, few plans for it but will wait to next year before start messing!

Will get some pics up probably Friday this week as thats my only day off.

peterzs
27-09-11, 07:09 PM
Sounds like a good buy, glad you like it, get the pics up when you can, and dont forget the spoiler!!!

:):):)

daytona365
27-09-11, 07:09 PM
Sounds like a nice car, cant wait for the pics...........

After_Shock
27-09-11, 07:11 PM
and dont forget the spoiler!!!

:):):)

Im actually quite liking it without, thought it would be the first thing to buy but looking at it out the window think its a bit different without, plus it doesnt draw any attention, quite like sleepers :)

Dan1971
27-09-11, 07:42 PM
Get it out mate - 2nd gear and let it rev past 3K rpm ...... Feel the Powaaaah

After_Shock
27-09-11, 08:49 PM
Get it out mate - 2nd gear and let it rev past 3K rpm ...... Feel the Powaaaah

Haha im sure, it feels quite happy in the low end of the rev range, or maybes its just me being used to driving diesels everyday and not revving them!!

Mr ZS180
27-09-11, 09:37 PM
The car doesnt even come alive until after 3k revs. Get that foot down!!

And the big spoiler adds a good bit of downforce on the back!

Dan1971
28-09-11, 04:25 PM
Haha im sure, it feels quite happy in the low end of the rev range, or maybes its just me being used to driving diesels everyday and not revving them!!

The car has a couple of vis motors pal that create a surge of power. You should feel an extra kick .... Go do it .....

After_Shock
30-09-11, 08:46 AM
The car has a couple of vis motors pal that create a surge of power. You should feel an extra kick .... Go do it .....

Might give it a run out today see what its like :)

Will get some pics too....

Alan.F
30-09-11, 12:59 PM
crawl along in 2nd till 3k revs then nail it awesome feeling then take it all the way to the limiter YEEEEHAAAAAAAA i did it often in mine lol when i had it

After_Shock
04-10-11, 04:25 PM
Well a week on and ive still not been out in it! Must get around to driving this car ive bought lol

My dad drove it the other day, response of dont like that shakes my teeth out, ha.

pheelay
04-10-11, 04:55 PM
My dad drove it the other day, response of dont like that shakes my teeth out, ha.

lol, I've scared a few passengers in mine as well over the last couple weeks of ownership :joker:

After_Shock
06-10-11, 06:30 PM
Right tonights the night, going to go out in the car, see what its like.

Might aswell sell it at this rate gotta use it at somepoint!!!!