PDA

View Full Version : Got an offer I couldn't refuse!

Mr ZS180
04-10-11, 10:19 AM
Basically, my friend bought an Impreza WRX STi Type RA a few years ago for about ?10k and I always loved it. Its a proper RA (not imitation like a lot on the market) with the limited edition plate inside the car and about 300bhp. The engine blew 2 years ago and he had a new engine fitted at a cost of ?3.5k.

He needs to get rid of it sharpish has just offered it to me for a price I couldn't refuse except I cant have 2 cars.

So I made the decision to......

decline his offer and keep the ZS!!!!!!!

As much as I want the extra power etc the ZS just makes me enjoy driving more.

The Impreza puts a big smile on your face when you put your foot down but the ZS gives me a bigger smile when I go round a corner. I have seriously never driven a car that sticks to the road so well, and I have had cars that are reknown for handling (Pulsar GTIR, Renault 5 GT Turbo, Peugeot 306), but when I really push my car it feels like something will break off before the tyres let go!

Also, his car is a year older than mine, but has quite a bit of bubbling on the rear arches. The only rust my car has is a 5mm bit on the corner of the bonnet where it has caught the wing at some point and cracked the paint!

Also, cost is a factor. Engine blows on ZS, bill is around ?500 for replacement engine or T16 turbo conversion. Impreza is considerably more!!

So I just said "Thanks but Im sticking with this for a long time"!

The ZS really does something to you!!!!!!!!! :happy2:

Maxxed_Ross
04-10-11, 10:46 AM
having ownded both now... I'd take the Impreza all day long. It says alot that it's the longest I've ever owned a car and still love it.

Mr ZS180
04-10-11, 10:56 AM
having ownded both now... I'd take the Impreza all day long. It says alot that it's the longest I've ever owned a car and still love it.

As much as Id love one, having factored in both pros and cons the ZS won.

Being able to afford both cars, I would have snapped it up!!

zsserbia
04-10-11, 11:43 AM

You'd take the Impreza over your project car as well? Am I missing something :whistle:

caled
04-10-11, 11:47 AM
I dont think I could stomach the service costs for an impreza.

peterzs
04-10-11, 11:54 AM
Says a lot for the ZS, glad you are sticking with it.

stamford
04-10-11, 12:22 PM
That is saying something! Good man! :thumbsup: I will admit to rather liking the sound of the V6 over the one that sounds like it has dropped a couple of plug leads! :whistle:

daytona365
04-10-11, 05:49 PM
ZS any day here................

ZS 1 Scooby 0.........................:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Maxxed_Ross
04-10-11, 05:53 PM
You'd take the Impreza over your project car as well? Am I missing something :whistle:

at the moment yes, because it works :D

I dont think I could stomach the service costs for an impreza.

It's no worse than anything else... even changing the belts is about the same price as doing a V6 :bounce:

Bobdope2002
04-10-11, 05:57 PM
who mentioned scoobys

:shutup:

talkingcars
04-10-11, 06:22 PM
I was looking at scoobies when I found my ZS, and besides, locally scoobies in my price range are chav mobiles.

JIMZS180
04-10-11, 06:53 PM
Been there:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e339/jimzs180/DSCF0002.jpg

and back again:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e339/jimzs180/IMAG0013.jpg

zs wins every time for me!

Bobdope2002
04-10-11, 07:12 PM
I tell ya what I can see why people get the two confused from those last pictures the lines from both thebfront ends are very similar

Magic
04-10-11, 07:25 PM
I would have an Impreza again, but the fuel economy to use it everyday is ridiculous for me, so the ZS is winning at the mo.

zsserbia
04-10-11, 09:47 PM
I tell ya what I can see why people get the two confused from those last pictures the lines from both thebfront ends are very similar

:D