PDA

View Full Version : Exterior Climate Control Temp

mgstu
11-10-11, 11:23 AM
Afternoon All,

of those climate contro peeps, how accurate is your external temp, mine seems ok, to begin with, but the moment i stop, etc it seems to suffer rapid heat soak or summit, was claiming it was 11 when i left this morning, but sitting in traffic it claimed it was 27, thus it starts cooling cabin.. when its clearly not 27 out there !

Enright
11-10-11, 11:39 AM
That's the little sensor mounted in the lower grille isn't it?
It should sit below and away from your radiator.
Perhaps it's become detatched and has blown back against something warm.

pheelay
11-10-11, 01:49 PM
Noticed the same recently. When moving, it seems roughly correct. But I was stuck in traffic once and it registered 42?C! I wouldn't have been more than about 27? that day.

mgstu
11-10-11, 02:42 PM
appears to be attached ok..... so quite odd,

petet16
11-10-11, 06:39 PM
They do seem to suffer heat soak when your stationary, but ridiculous temp readings are also a sign of it expiring.

KevG
11-10-11, 07:22 PM
They do seem to suffer heat soak when your stationary, but ridiculous temp readings are also a sign of it expiring.

Correct, unfortunately you cannot buy the exact part anymore, BUT you can buy a replacement from these guys below:-

Reader Air Conditioning
Unit 3 Boundary Business Centre
Boundary Way
Woking
Surrey
GU21 5DH
United Kingdom
Tel: +44(0)1483 726300
Fax: +44(0)1483 729300
Email: info@readerair.co.uk

R8NMG
11-10-11, 07:29 PM
I think its quite normal that when sitting in traffic with lack of air flow the temperature goes sky high.

I have also had the faulty exterior temp sensor problem when the temperature was showing 40 odd degrees when the actual temperature was like freezing.

KevG
11-10-11, 07:42 PM
I think its quite normal that when sitting in traffic with lack of air flow the temperature goes sky high.

I have also had the faulty exterior temp sensor problem when the temperature was showing 40 odd degrees when the actual temperature was like freezing.

Yeah Ron, the sensors suffer from heat soak as the radiator is just inches away, but when air flow is present it returns to normal or whatever the temp is outside.

Stephen
11-10-11, 08:11 PM
I wouldnt know if mines the same, i forgot to reconnect it back up along with the fogs when i had to take the bumper off!

Job for 3 weeks ago! :ohmy: