PDA

View Full Version : Insurance renewal - PITA.

BUCKYDEVIL
11-10-11, 05:18 PM
Time of year for insurance renewal.
Renewal letter quoted ?344 with 1st central which is just above last years ?330, So done some comparisons and through the net got the cheapest quite of ?334 from 1st Central so I thought at least that's ?10 saved..
Called them with the new Ref No. BUT
In all honesty I forgot to change married status in the summer & changed it in the renewal, Eveything same as before but now Married insurance is now ?380
WTF ? Surely marriage shows more responsibility ?
I declined to renew at this and said I would have to shop around again and call centre operator informed me that if I didn't renew tonight before 12 I would be committing an offence with owning a car without insurance
And the renewal office is only open till 9pm and can be extremely difficult to get through to later at night-- BLUFF !!
Back on line I moved my excess from ?200 to ?500 and the best I got was ?320 with First Central ..
Called them again and got a different person on and asked what was going on
She said my Policy had been looked into after I came of the phone and they could now offer me ?307.. Crazy..
Paid that price before it changed again.
Seems insurance company's are just making prices up now or if not challenged will just hit current customers with the higher renewal premium.
Rant over. Phew !!

peterzs
11-10-11, 05:37 PM
Always worth the line, "Just got a cheaper quote on line from xxxx", they will ask the name of the company, so do your homework, but they will normally match it. Or be near enough, as you say crazy.

stamford
12-10-11, 07:14 AM
Mine went up by about ?70, as it is modified and covered like-for-like I don't have many options when it comes to other companies so bit the bullet and stayed.

p_b82
24-10-11, 12:35 PM
i just got the renewal for mine, it has only gone up 6% - or ?35

like stamford my options are limited, but just over ?500, for fully comp, protected no claims, commuting and a hire car imo is not going to be beatable... it certainly wasn't last year!

BUCKYDEVIL
24-10-11, 01:14 PM
i just got the renewal for mine, it has only gone up 6% - or ?35

like stamford my options are limited, but just over ?500, for fully comp, protected no claims, commuting and a hire car imo is not going to be beatable... it certainly wasn't last year!

Still worth a try to bring it down, Nothing to loose by checking it out.

ThumpJunkie
24-10-11, 01:31 PM
Flux were decent with me this year, I went down about ?14 or something, think I'm the only person whose price didn't go up :sleep: