PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Premium wtf!! @ im OLD

C13URD
17-10-11, 09:39 PM
As you've guessed had my renewel through today from Privilege ?761...:spank: wtf

now im no spring chicken 45yrs young 8+ yrs no claims yes i have made a claim in feb 2009 @ i have declared the mods...

so i ive just spent about an hour searching the internet as you do...tried the usual...

Go compare..
Money supermarket.com @ Swift cover.. etc

best i can find.. on Go compare was..

Admiral.
# fully comp...
# mods declared....
# protected NCB always do!
# Legal Assistance
# Courtesy car
# Windscreen Cover
# Personal Accident
# Voluntary Excess ?500.. Compulsory Excess ?60..

Premium ?616.31 one of payment.. saves me ?150

i can get it far cheaper if i say dont protect my no claims but i have done so for the last 5yrs or so..

Any thoughts or advice feel free...............:)

KirkJames
17-10-11, 10:44 PM
It's a joke mate, admiral is the best for me, mine came through at about ?550 one off payment or ?620ish for monthly. I have my Step Dad on there as a named driver. He's retired and never claimed/points etc and that did help. I am 30 with 11 yrs ncb but did get 6 points 4 years ago.
My missus's Dad is a named driver on hers and he works as a metal worker, but check this out for absolutely absurd........we put his job down as a structural engineer (which he basically is) and it went down by........?100. How on earth do they justify/work that out, it's virtually the same job...... any excuse nowadays buddy! MONEY GRABBERS!!!
They know we have to have it and they have us by the gonads!

C13URD
17-10-11, 11:00 PM
Thats with my mrs on @ she hasnt been near a car for 20 yrs...
if i take her off it goes up by about ?70-?80... how they work it out is beyond me buddy,,....

quite happy with ?600 tho..

yr step dad's brought yrs right down if mines anythin to go by...
i bet if you took him of it wud shoot up...

*lukey*
17-10-11, 11:03 PM
try adrian flux, sky or Endsleigh,

insurance is a rip off when i got my zed i also had a job change, i worked at the same place i just went from being an electrican to an assistant opperator, droped my premium by ?175 quid!! i was the same person working at the same place but my job title got me ?175 quid off!!! how does that make any sence!!!

Smokie
18-10-11, 05:24 AM
its an absolute rip off insurance excess so high coupled with the hike in premium when you renew they make it so its not worth claiming. as said they have you by the short and curlies robbing gits.

carmadbaker
18-10-11, 06:26 AM
try sky insurance :) they loooove mods! i insure the turbo for ?800 all mods declared :D (FC, ?0 excess, 21 4 NCB)

stamford
18-10-11, 07:00 AM
Adrian Flux for mine, went up on last years but haven't they all! You'll get a discount for being on an owners website.

idge2003
18-10-11, 07:59 AM
Its all the No win no fee claims that are going on that is putting premiums up! A few years ago people just wouldn't claim as it may cost money and get nothing back!

Also insurers give a maximum discount it doesn't matter if you've been claim free since the car was invented you won't get anymore that someone else who's got the maximum after say 8 years!!

Mine went up about 30% this year through SKY but to be fair for the past 3 years they have been a good ?150 less than the next cheapest quote!

Brett

Captain Peanut
18-10-11, 08:14 AM
Tesco may be worth a try, I'm currently paying about ?400 a year with no excesses (thats with 9yrs NCB) although the car isn't modded in any way.

The reason the job title effects the premium is all down to risk weighting, effectively the insurance companies all rank different jobs according to factors that they think will increase, or decrease, the chances of a claim being made. This is calculated based on many factors, including previous claims history for that specific title. Jobs that could involve working long hours, lots of travelling, high stress etc carry a higher risk than a low stress 9-5 job. Thats why my job is listed as a Customer Services Advisor rather than an IT helpdesk manager. You just have to apply a bit of lateral thinking ;-)

braggy71
18-10-11, 08:35 AM
Admiral is about the best I think.
I got my renewal for the Scoob this year, you gotta laugh ?4500!!!! Needless to say I ditched Kwik Fit and went onto the Admiral multicar, got all 3 cars insured fully comp, with all mods declared on all of them and PNCB for ?2200, thought that was a pretty good deal.
But I agree insurance is a rip off especially as it depends on where you live not your abilities as a driver or where the vehicle is kept etc !
:rant:

KirkJames
18-10-11, 09:27 AM
Thats with my mrs on @ she hasnt been near a car for 20 yrs...
if i take her off it goes up by about ?70-?80... how they work it out is beyond me buddy,,....

quite happy with ?600 tho..

yr step dad's brought yrs right down if mines anythin to go by...
i bet if you took him of it wud shoot up...

It does mate that's why I put him on there. It really is different for everyone. What's good for one person is not necessarily good for another. I used to be with Adrian Flux for years as they were the best for me but they just can't do a good deal for me nowadays. Least you don't have to worry now chap!

archermav
18-10-11, 11:43 AM
I always thought that if you had a claim, then it only affected the years no claims you were actually in, plus the year before? So, in effect you could lose two years bonus.

Meaning that if for arguments sake you already have full no claims, around 75%, you would only lose 20% or so (sounds much clearer in my head). Is protected no claims really worth it?

zsserbia
18-10-11, 12:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO2R_DDZPCM

Alan.F
18-10-11, 04:31 PM
Welcome to my world m8 49yrs old and at last renewal they wanted ?850 similar details as you.

But you have to remember that insurance groups have gone up a lot on MGR cars as my son found out on his ZR.

Bobdope2002
18-10-11, 05:18 PM
yeh theyre classed as a high risk car now aernt they

wrote of if someone drops a fart in one

rickyyates
18-10-11, 05:24 PM
Mine is coming up at ?394 for my 180 mk2, thats with Aviva, without protecting my no claims it comes down to ?336. These are way the best quotes iv,e had, Ade Flux quoted well over ?700.

Nor
18-10-11, 06:16 PM
Best I've had is ?460 so far. Not too bad really, but hoping my existing insurer will come down some to keep my business.

C13URD
18-10-11, 06:33 PM
Mine is coming up at ?394 for my 180 mk2, thats with Aviva, without protecting my no claims it comes down to ?336. These are way the best quotes iv,e had, Ade Flux quoted well over ?700.

Best I've had is ?460 so far. Not too bad really, but hoping my existing insurer will come down some to keep my business.

How old are you both guys @ have you got any Mods as i have listed 10 modifications....

Just had a really interesting phone call with Sky..
told me the quote i have off Admiral is good but will not cover all my mods like for like... or give a realistic price for my car if anything happens due to the money ive spent...

thinking of going with them now...
will cover all my mods like for like , fully comp, protected no claims, all the usual like legal assistance, injury cover, hire car, winscreen cover.... ?715

Bobdope2002
18-10-11, 06:35 PM
or give a realistic price for my car if anything happens due to the money ive spent...

Id want that in writing before i paid up sounds like a sails ploy to me bossman

Dan1971
18-10-11, 06:42 PM
Ouch .....

Bobdope2002
18-10-11, 06:51 PM
i pay ?839 a year on a 1.6 guys you think uve got it bad

my inurance has never ever been below ?800-850

sid
18-10-11, 07:09 PM
kwik fit was going to charge me ?1688 at my renewal got it down to ?640.79 with direct choice, i was well happy:clap:

Bobdope2002
18-10-11, 07:11 PM
sommat tells me Kwikfit insurance are a company that offer you a great deal to start with then hike the price up and hope ya dont bother to look at ya bank statement

zsserbia
18-10-11, 09:21 PM
sommat tells me Kwikfit insurance are a company that offer you a great deal to start with then hike the price up and hope ya dont bother to look at ya bank statement

I suppose they don't offer a nude lady and a "never pay policy" at some point, do they :wacko:

Jem
19-10-11, 10:43 AM
Insurance is allways a worry but this year its going to be a headache for me i can see it coming,My licence is a three year licence and its runs out in november and my insurance is due at the start of december,I sent of my licence ages ago to get it renewed but ive still not got it back,I had a letter from the dvla saying they are awaiting a reply from my doctor which could take six weeks,Thing is ive never had them contact my doctor and by contacting my doctor this year its all going to get messed up between my new doctor and the dvla.

C13URD
19-10-11, 01:40 PM
Just wana say a big thankyou to sam @ Sky Insurance...

Very helpfull indeed covered all my modifications like for like... rung me back as requested so i was not pressured @ could check out my other options..

fantastic service..
heres to another year in the Zed with peace of mind...:thumbsup:

p_b82
24-10-11, 12:38 PM
was going to say - and maybe a bit late now, but greenlight for me are excellent.... windscreen claim has handled faultlessly; and cheaper than all other brokers by a country mile...