PDA

View Full Version : How's this for Sods Law...

Levi
30-10-11, 12:58 PM
I bought a Sheddist Clutch kit a few months back just as a back up incase mine went. Friday just gone I sold it to a member on here as i came to the conclusion that there's no point in it sitting there, someone else might aswell use it and I'll have the money. Well, I doubt the parcel has even reached his door yet, and today mine has gone! Just had to be recovered - classic!

So if anyone has a kit they want to sell, or failing that, just a slave cylinder bracket (standard one would be fine) that would be great.

Cheers
Lee

KirkJames
30-10-11, 02:02 PM
I have my old bracket which I took off when I put the sheddist kit on. ?20 posted if you want matey.

Levi
30-10-11, 02:45 PM
PM'd you mate, thanks a lot.

ZS-GIXER
30-10-11, 07:23 PM
What did this Sheddist kit comprise of and why is it better than standard kit?

peterzs
30-10-11, 07:38 PM
Think it replaces all the plastic bits with Honda metal ones and a beefed up bracket.

And yes Lee, think its a good example of Sods law!!!!!!

Hope its a quick fix.

Levi
30-10-11, 07:39 PM
From what I remember it had, new master cylinder, new slave cylinder, a very robust slave bracket, fluid reservoir, every nut, bolt pipe work and fitting that was needed, and fitting instructions. The kit seems a bargain when you look at the price of buying the standard bits from new.

I think some of the bits are Honda parts, and the bracket is very strong and therefore not as prone to cracking/bending. Others may be able to tell, you more though.

Levi
30-10-11, 07:41 PM
Ah Peter beat me to it!

Thanks Peter, luckily there's some decent chaps on this forum who have sorted me out with the bits I need to get me running at a good price. Will still be on the lookout for a sheddist kit though. I really don't want the clutch going again!

talkingcars
30-10-11, 08:53 PM
The sheddist also allows you to adjust the bitting point and the resting point, a great improvement on O/E.

ZS-GIXER
31-10-11, 08:29 AM
It prob would have been a good idea to have got one of those when the master cylinder went in my old mk1 180, ended up spending around ?500 on a new clutch, master cylinder and slave cylinder!!