PDA

View Full Version : Oh what to do??????

Mr ZS180
01-11-11, 06:50 PM
Basically I have some disposable cash that I can throw at the car.

I want more power from it now. As nice as the KV6 is to drive it just doesn't feel pokey enough.

I have been toying with the idea of T16 turbo power but do not have the space for 2 donor cars and bits and bobs so was wondering who has had the swap done by AA Autosport and if so how much was it? From what I have read it seems to be the ?2.5-?3k mark and I really dont want to pay ?3k for a T16 engine with standard gasket and standard form, when the home conversion can be done for peanuts if the donors are good'uns!!

Supercharger would be nice. Impossible to find, many threads on unreliability. Still would like to chance it though.

VAG 1.8T conversion? Nice, but conversion costs far too much for my liking.

Maybe something crazy like small block V8? Powering front wheels might be mental!!!

The other thing that is scaring me is that I am being drawn to 300zx twin turbos again. I have had 2 in the past but I could now afford to get a decent short wheelbase (2 seater) twin turbo manual, which is what I always wanted!!

I really dont want to sell the ZS. I love it to bits, it's in great condition for its age, I always wanted one when I had my 220 turbo, and if I spent a wedge on it it would definitely be a keeper.

Its just that the options seem so limited! Is there something else that I could do that I have missed?

My car is like my missus. Most of the time puts a smile on my face, but occasionally really p***** me off, and its damn hard to make any improvements without spending a vast sum of money!!

Dan1971
01-11-11, 07:06 PM
how much have you got ?

Mr ZS180
01-11-11, 10:46 PM
theoretically, around 4k, maybe more if needed.

What other options are there then?

Yampiedog
02-11-11, 03:12 PM
300ZX then...
I had one before and it's got so much more power and it can be tuned fairly easily.

Dan1971
02-11-11, 04:20 PM
theoretically, around 4k, maybe more if needed.

What other options are there then?

The way things are just now I'd have a chat with the guy that does the Reyland conversions. It might just be that for 4K, he'd do you a pretty powerful something or other. I doubt people are knocking his doors down with offers of work to that value.

If not - get a 600 Ti - rob the guts out of it and then replace all the important bits with uprated parts....

Nice position to be in.

talkingcars
02-11-11, 06:24 PM
T16 H/Gs don't have the same reputation as the K series.

The first thing I'd do is speak to AA and Ryland and see what they say.

Alternativly have you considered keeping the ZS and getting a toy car as well.