PDA

View Full Version : mg zs 180

StevieA ZS120
12-11-07, 03:21 PM
here is the thread for my zs180 if anyone is interested
http://pistonheads.com/sales/289768.htm (http://pistonheads.com/sales/289768.htm)

sduk
12-11-07, 03:23 PM
gutted mate....

StevieA ZS120
12-11-07, 03:47 PM
i have my eye on another car at the moment so i will still be staying mg

Maxxed_Ross
12-11-07, 03:50 PM
ooo sounds interesting

StevieA ZS120
12-11-07, 04:04 PM
its nothing too exciting ross its an 04 plate mg zr 105+ in tahiti blue 22000miles on the clock but thats all depending if i can shift this or not
http://pistonheads.com/sales/288947.htm
what do you guys think itll be ideal for my commuting problem and i think its a good looking wee motor

sduk
12-11-07, 04:20 PM
would a diesel ZS not be just as good a solution? ZR is a step back for you and you would have to drive it alot harder.

StevieA ZS120
12-11-07, 04:23 PM
true but all the diesel zs's are quite pricey and with the zr i know wot im getting at the end of the day the car is wot you make of it and i dont see it as a step back at all granted ill have to drive it harder but general running costs will be well down ie insurance,road tax,petrol costs,its already modded too so not much i would intend to do exterior wise maby tart up the interior a bit

Mat C
12-11-07, 04:27 PM
Nice ZR is that, great colour too !

Dave MGT
12-11-07, 04:55 PM
That was a cat C though. I wouldnt want to touch it tbh. To go from a straight ZS like yours to a cat C ZR105 isnt a great move.

If you want somthing better on fuel how about my 160
(Looks better than that one) ;)

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/274656.htm

StevieA ZS120
12-11-07, 05:09 PM
That was a cat C though. I wouldnt want to touch it tbh. To go from a straight ZS like yours to a cat C ZR105 isnt a great move.

pm sent m8:whistle:

Craig
12-11-07, 05:11 PM

stunning Zr! I always loved that car, specially with the old wheels on it

mg zs 180 blue
12-11-07, 05:14 PM
pretty gutted you got to sell mate only met u twice and you got nice car

Craig
12-11-07, 05:15 PM
pretty gutted you got to sell mate only met u twice and you got nice car

dont worry mate, hes like a bad penny and will turn up again :D

Dave MGT
12-11-07, 05:18 PM
stunning Zr! I always loved that car, specially with the old wheels on it

Thanks Craig, Will miss it when its gone :)

The pics are being sorted (dunno what happened their?)

StevieA ZS120
12-11-07, 05:52 PM
dont worry mate, hes like a bad penny and will turn up again :D
as craig said ill be around at the usual meets someone has to flythe flag for the zr lot lol

Craig
12-11-07, 06:48 PM
someone has to flythe flag for the zr lot lol

at least one person will then.

mg zs 180 blue
12-11-07, 06:54 PM
was thinking the same lol

StevieA ZS120
12-11-07, 06:58 PM
at least one person will then.
pot kettle black springs to mind lol i aint seen you for ages rofl

papa_lazaroo
12-11-07, 08:09 PM
Dont do it, keep it.
I had mine converted th weekend t run on sequetial LPG, It is asolutely brilliant this time last year, I was running my 115 diesel on a 900 mile a week comute, and getting 38mpg, at a steady 85 (cough cough erm 70 officer), picked mine up on Saturday, with a tank in the boot ( its all about range) and I drov aover 260 miles saturday night and sunday, and it has worked out the equivalent of me getting 47mpg, in the running costs.

And whilst I loved my 115, the 180 loses about 2% to LPG (but you have t get a system where they remap the ecu to your driving, takes an extra hour when you collect it but worth every second)

Do it Steve, don't sell her, gas her (I'm gonna try gassing the wife next)

georgiansoccer
12-11-07, 08:42 PM
what about a ZR 120?

The difference in fuel economy between the 1.4 and 1.8 is quite small.

Theres the 115 diesel too but it sounds terrible

arwilson80
12-11-07, 10:27 PM
Well i think we've got the first ZS for sale... pity though. :(

I bet you'll say in a month or 2 that you regret it, but if needs must, then it's gotta be. :crazy:

Craig
13-11-07, 06:32 AM
pot kettle black springs to mind

Ouch! Were you at the Killie meet or the Blackpool meet you said you were coming to? Considering I stay so far away from most meets, Iv probs been to more meets than just about anyone.

As for your "dark side" comments on thezr site, I will remember that the next time I fly past you in your rattlebuggy zr :D

Maxfly
13-11-07, 10:48 AM
Ouch! Were you at the Killie meet or the Blackpool meet you said you were coming to? Considering I stay so far away from most meets, Iv probs been to more meets than just about anyone.

As for your "dark side" comments on thezr site, I will remember that the next time I fly past you in your rattlebuggy zr :D

*Adopts asthmatic 'evil' voice'*

I'm your father luke!!

Now get me some chips, i got the munchies real bad! *wheeze*

arwilson80
13-11-07, 10:59 AM

Aye... this is the 'bright side', the ZR is the 'dark side'. :p

StevieA ZS120
13-11-07, 12:59 PM

wow touchy touchy big fella but if you knew half the **** ive had to get sorted out since i got the zs you would understand why ive only been at the local meets

Craig
13-11-07, 03:44 PM
wow touchy touchy big fella but if you knew half the **** ive had to get sorted out since i got the zs you would understand why ive only been at the local meets

i was actually sticking up for you :-

someone has to flythe flag for the zr lot lol

at least one person will then

your probs gona be one of the very few zr people attending meets nowadays! I was at Falkirk last month, I think whenever your there, im not or vice versa lol

I also have stuff to deal with, being a single parent with 2 teenage boys at home means things are always tight this time of the year.

Back on topic, sorry to see your 180 go. I understands needs must, hope the zr eases a little of the loss. I know i would hate to go back to a ZR.

StevieA ZS120
13-11-07, 06:18 PM
nothings signed and sealed yet m8 just waiting on fordie now and im looking forward to the zr again im going to finish the 135 conversion and maby fit a vvc head to it plus as you said fordies zr is good looking enough minus the slight mis match in colour on the front wings but hey i can live with that i went looking at other cars today and every one i saw was an mg they are just so eyecatching on forecoarts compared to your one litre corsas and fiestas that are double the price i take it im just hooked on mg's lol

Craig
13-11-07, 06:50 PM
whats still to be done in the conversion? Is it now a 1.8 without the 135 cams? I never thought the colour match was bad TBH.

StevieA ZS120
13-11-07, 07:41 PM
i never thought it was too bad either to be honest ive still to speak to fordie to see wot still needs to be done

KevG
13-11-07, 08:45 PM
nothings signed and sealed yet m8 just waiting on fordie now and im looking forward to the zr again im going to finish the 135 conversion and maby fit a vvc head to it plus as you said fordies zr is good looking enough minus the slight mis match in colour on the front wings but hey i can live with that i went looking at other cars today and every one i saw was an mg they are just so eyecatching on forecoarts compared to your one litre corsas and fiestas that are double the price i take it im just hooked on mg's lol

Dont get me wrong Stevie, but if your gonna complete the 135 conversion how much is that gonna cost?, wouldnt it be better to just save up and get some cash behind you, and keep the 180 on the road and in your hands, instead of wasting money and going back in time to a ZR, just my 2p worth.

StevieA ZS120
13-11-07, 10:25 PM
i wont be completing the conversion in the near future buddy im wanting to get some cash saved up on cheaper running costs for a wee while before the modding bug sets in and the zs just isnt financialy viable for me at the moment and again i dont mind stepping back to a zr i loved my first zr for different reasons to my zs

StevieA ZS120
18-11-07, 07:50 PM
this is now sold chappies and will have the new car by the end of the week fingers crossed

arwilson80
18-11-07, 09:58 PM
Hope you recommended that they join up... ;)

fordie2
18-11-07, 10:11 PM
maybe they already joined up...:shutup:

StevieA ZS120
18-11-07, 10:11 PM
Hope you recommended that they join up... ;)
site stickers are still on the car plus he is from the zr site anyhow

sduk
18-11-07, 10:13 PM
maybe they already joined up...:shutup:

hope its not that Fordie boy?! :p hehe