PDA

View Full Version : Told to grow up!!!!

mrt_04
12-11-07, 05:07 PM
We drove to my g/f's family home in Sufforrrrrrrrrrkkkkkk at the weekend (departed Sat morning with mild hangover!!!). Anway, journey took me through the Dartford Tunnel, which was nice & quiet...........soooooooooo........opened up the ZS180 with the newy Janspeed X power on the back & dropped the windows open...........awesome acoustics. Changing up & down gears for the exhaust crackle!!!!!!!!

The only comment I got was 'GROW UP'.......had to shout, windows open!!!!!!!!!.........marvellous, may it continue for ever!!!!!!!! ;)

mg zs 180 blue
12-11-07, 05:17 PM
i had that one in the clyde tunnel in glasgow lol .....Not going to happen

grimmy
12-11-07, 05:23 PM
my missus just sits there and laughs at me when i do that through tunnels, sometimes get called a saddo and i care not a jot.

alba15031
12-11-07, 06:42 PM
My misses always says it hurts her ears when i do it hehe

Maxxed_Ross
12-11-07, 07:19 PM
i had that one in the clyde tunnel in glasgow lol .....Not going to happen

I tried the ZR through there, wasn't nearly long enough and far too steep lol

weagie
12-11-07, 08:00 PM
Tell your girls to get with the program, i have to fight to get the keys when we go.

sarah
12-11-07, 08:03 PM
when we had our turbo diesel, every tunnel Andy ever come across he had to let the dump valve go off all the way through, sounded nice though.

papa_lazaroo
12-11-07, 08:14 PM
When I put my induction kit on 2weeks back, ( Mad it myself I might add, very proud I was), I got the wife and kids out on the drive, drove off down the road and came past ours in 2nd, at about 4,ooo rpm, up to 6500. It sounded gorgeous. Got back in th house to A chorous of "how old are you?".

Didn't stop her wanting one for her BMW mini though. Bleeding hypocrit (I call her Hippo for short)

weagie
12-11-07, 08:17 PM
Must admit when i fitted my induction kit imade the missus shoot of down the road so i could hear what it was like from the outside. It put a smile on my face.

papa_lazaroo
12-11-07, 08:22 PM
I lovemessing with induction kits, his is my third design on now, and i set this one up to give very little until you get to 3000, then it kicks you in the ass.

weagie
12-11-07, 08:24 PM
Okay, got my attention. How?

chriszs180
12-11-07, 08:36 PM
got pulled by the old bill for going a little t0o fast and was told to "grow up dont you know you should be more responsible as you have a child seat in the back"
(aaron was not in the car we had just left a car meet)

closest to geting a few point but we laughed a lot......

love the tunnels around london limehouse link wasgood until they put the cameras in....

arwilson80
12-11-07, 10:31 PM
I love the sound of even the standard exhaust when it gets warmed up. It burbles just nicely...

Glen290
13-11-07, 11:12 AM
Mine sounds like that, but unfortunatly its due to it blowing on the clamp at the back section..

al_roverMG
13-11-07, 01:14 PM
See everything in a tunnel after my CTR sounds disappointing. I went through many a tunnel at full bore with it and a spoon N1 exhaust plus vtec and all the rest i had on it sounded awesome.

StevieA ZS120
13-11-07, 01:18 PM
its a guy thing about the only thing we can do to block out the whinging women lol

papa_lazaroo
13-11-07, 02:28 PM
I once took a TVR Griffith 500 through the mersey tunnel, it was truely audible nectar

Boot Hill Bandit
13-11-07, 08:18 PM
My favourite is that tunnel where Karen lives! :D Just watch everyone get out of the way :P childish?? me?? yes I am and proud of it! :D

Nothing like giving her a good spanking through the tunnels :spank:

Smitten Jim

RalphG
13-11-07, 08:26 PM
Sounds like I might have to organise a Tunnel King tour for one of our meets! :evil:

papa_lazaroo
13-11-07, 08:46 PM
Oh Yes, Remember, you don't stp playing becase you are getting old, you get old because you stop playing !!!!!

arwilson80
13-11-07, 10:17 PM
Nothing like giving her a good spanking through the tunnels :spank:

Who is 'her'? ;) :joker: :p

Boot Hill Bandit
13-11-07, 10:27 PM
Who is 'her'? ;) :joker: :p

The car silly! If I got out of the drivers seat and pulled someone into the back seat for a spanking session I reckon we'd crash.........much safer to park up for that sort of thing :rofl:

I enjoy driving through tunnels in a low gear and gunning it.

Smitten Jim

carl-mgzs
20-11-07, 05:13 PM
dropping down to 2nd gear and booting it in the tunnels in birmingham city centre is always good, if im with the guys it goes down well but if im with the better half i get told to grow up too!!

Southern Storm
20-11-07, 05:23 PM
I am always being told to 'Grow up' when it comes to my car. The police used to love to hate my Corrado. Got pulled in that with 24 hours of owning it. A full induction kit, four branch and full stainless Milltek system made me popular. Hmmmm could Friday be induction kit Friday.

papa_lazaroo
20-11-07, 08:59 PM
I finish early on a Friday, Oh yes, I think maybe a pre - rush hour blast back and forth through Brum........... OOH yeah baby.

arwilson80
21-11-07, 08:42 AM
I am always being told to 'Grow up' when it comes to my car. The police used to love to hate my Corrado. Got pulled in that with 24 hours of owning it. A full induction kit, four branch and full stainless Milltek system made me popular. Hmmmm could Friday be induction kit Friday.

Was that the 2.9 V6 one, or one of the 'poverty models'? See how cheap they can be picked up for now too? :)

stamford
21-11-07, 12:54 PM
I finish early on a Friday, Oh yes, I think maybe a pre - rush hour blast back and forth through Brum........... OOH yeah baby.

:sad: I can only look at mine, it's so sad seeing it parked up. I did move it last weekend and is now behind my gates in readiness to take a few bits off for refurbishment :D It was very hard not to take it up the road though :devil: I forgot how lovely it sounded :D

I can only look forward to getting it MOT'd and taxed in the new year in readiness for the smashing summer we might have ;)

Southern Storm
21-11-07, 03:01 PM
Was that the 2.9 V6 one, or one of the 'poverty models'? See how cheap they can be picked up for now too? :)

Nope was an early 1.8 before the VR6 was made. Only options at that point was 1.8 16v or G60. This would be my engine of choice in it as I find the VR too heavy in the front. Its a weighty lump.
Seriousely cheap bearing in mind that the 1.8 base model with no electrics at all in 1989 was around £18,000. Thats big money in 1989,

Leasky
21-11-07, 05:38 PM
lol class