PDA

View Full Version : were back LOL throttle body zs

Pages : 1 [2]

Drew
16-10-12, 07:35 PM
yeah lean and hot.

although ive just taken the link pipe off and found the front branch was leaking. will be better soon.
Janspeed does it again, good price, crap quality! and that was a replacement for the original link that was no-where near fitting!

Drew

Drew
06-11-12, 08:16 PM
spoke to Greenald yesterday, said G had mentioned he was brining yours down but never got back to him.

Drew

Quadcam24
07-11-12, 07:46 AM
yes dave a bit closer

all the MOT bits have been done
and steve from track and road is popping up to look at the bottom end(revs) on friday for some live mapping and may be some more RR but have to wait and see if it needs it or not

didn't this happen then ?

tb steve
07-11-12, 10:19 PM
it did its already for the mot all parts have been fitted but i needed so mapping done on the bottom to sort it out for the mot no big deal i thought
so steve from track and road popped up to see G to have a look to see what he could do and guess what its looks like its not been mapped ??????
so this could be going further so i don't wont to say to much at the mo
so nothing will be happen for a while gutted is not the word one little plus side is it's 230 bhp ish with out the map so there could be a little more there

cant blame G for this as he did not do the mapping

stamford
08-11-12, 07:02 AM
How are you keeping calm about this? I would be spitting bullets long before now. I admire your patience but this is not right in my eyes. You need a new project manager!

sh4ggyd00
08-11-12, 11:14 AM
http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s677/sh4ggyd00/fallingdown.png

this would be me if i was in your situation, :shoot2:
really dont kknow how you can be calm about it! lol

Eddie
08-11-12, 01:53 PM
Based on you having the car mapped at Thor (I think)

Thor didn't actually map the car?
There is no way on gods earth the car would have run 230hp safely unmapped, it must have a street tune at least?
I really can't imagine Thor taking money and not mapping, this could lead to major issues, if your car melted a piston due to the map and you have an invoice from Thor for the work done then they are wide open.
Are you sure the map wasn't corrupted or wiped off the ECU and it reverted to the base map?

I would leave the car with Steve to map and see about getting your money back from Thor, I'm absolutely stunned, something doesn't add up.

talkingcars
08-11-12, 01:59 PM
But he paid G to get it mapped at Thor so it must have been done!

Quadcam24
08-11-12, 02:13 PM
it did its already for the mot all parts have been fitted but i needed so mapping done on the bottom to sort it out for the mot no big deal i thought
so steve from track and road popped up to see G to have a look to see what he could do and guess what its looks like its not been mapped ??????
so nothing will be happen for a while gutted is not the word one little plus side is it's 230 bhp ish with out the map so there could be a little more there

If the car was not mapped at thor then it can be only one of two reasons why ....either,
1. They hadn't been asked to map it, or they hadn't been paid to map it.
2. The car had a fault preventing safe mapping.

If no mapping done was down to a fault then thor would have contacted either you or the engine builder and told you of the fault and recommended it be fixed before mapping.
I don't believe thor would have claimed to have mapped it if they didn't, do you have a receipt from thor for mapping.
Phone thor up and ask them about your car and what they were asked to do with it.!
I wouldn't consider it unsafe to thrash the car on the rollers totally unmapped, you have to know its not going to blow itself to bits !

Eddie
08-11-12, 02:16 PM

Quadcam24
08-11-12, 02:27 PM
Hi Ed , how could the map be corrupted or wiped ?

surely only if the ecu is damaged that could happen.

Eddie
08-11-12, 02:36 PM
It's possible to load an old map, not exactly sure how DTA works but I'm clutching at straws as I'm trying not to believe Thor would do something so stupid.
I can't see the engine running 230bhp and not being damaged in some way due to it not having a tune, that's an enormous gamble to take, as I said, maybe it's running the base map which was used to drive it to Thor for mapping, this would imply AFR's have been mapped but timing left very conservative, but no way would it make 230bhp.
Something dont add up

petet16
08-11-12, 02:44 PM
You have to wonder what is the deal with this car, it seems to have been dragging on for ever.

Quadcam24
08-11-12, 03:10 PM
it was started in may 2009.....if it feels like forever for us, how must steve feel.
My daughter was born in june 09, she is now a toddler who goes to nursery school every day.

Words fail me :wall:

petet16
08-11-12, 03:19 PM
Three and a half years:yikes:

Quadcam24
08-11-12, 03:32 PM

if its been to thor to be mapped and its not right, why is steve from track and road coming to look at it.........if thor have been paid to map it , then they should be the ones correcting it, otherwise you are paying twice, you are paying steve to do what thor have already been paid to do. Nobody pays twice for one job, it doesn't make sense.

tb steve
08-11-12, 05:16 PM
i have internet at work now :)

guy's i dont wont to get in to what has happend cos im not 100% sure all i know is what G said but the mapper has been paid
it could of been mapped but lost the data (trying to stay positive but its all going to come to an end soon eather way)

petet16
08-11-12, 05:35 PM
Best of luck with it mate.

Drew
08-11-12, 07:19 PM
sorry steve but this is G's b/s again.

i do believe it has been mapped at thor. what wont have been done (looked at or even talked about) is having a map or some settings for an mot.

that will take a lot of tweeking to get something to idle properly and keep emmisions at sensible levels. this may also need some cam adjustments!

G saying thor hasnt mapped it so you cant get an mot is just more b/s.

Drew

talkingcars
08-11-12, 08:09 PM
I think I agree with Drew here, time to cut G out, don't think he is interested anyway, if I was Steve I'd contact Thor and get it sorted.

Supercharged_Z
08-11-12, 08:45 PM
Guys stop speculating when quite simply Steve has said he doesn't know the full details and all you are doing is guessing.

This is not a defending post but is based on what I know right or wrong

The car was taken to Thor with a time scale given of x. X amount of time passed and nothing had been done claiming staff issues and time. Anyway it was done after a while and figures and graphs given and big money paid

The car was picked up soon after, however it would transpire the map is not brilliant with a few issues, so I think the person Drew mentioned came and took a peek at the map, suggestions were it was not a good map and could be made a lot better ironing out some peaks and flat spots etc

I think this was a month or so ago.

Not that many of you care but around 3 weeks ago George was admitted to hospital by his doctor with symptoms of a stroke, he spent 3 days in and he has bleeding in his brain and has had his driving licence suspended for 30 days while being sent home with medication to help stop the bleeding, this is fact as I visited the hospital and took a phone charger to borrow. This is obviously ongoing and has temporarily limited things such as work on this car I should think.

Anyway I haven't touched base with him for a while but this is what I know. I do think that whatever you guys say you should let Steve deal with his car himself, if he is happy then fair play. Equally if he is not happy he should resolve this with George in one way or another.

Anyway hopefully this helps

Ross

talkingcars
08-11-12, 09:42 PM
Sorry to hear about George, my suggestion that he isn't interest goes back a lot further than that, I wish him a speedy recovery.

Smokey
08-11-12, 11:27 PM
Wouldn't wish that on anybody, I hope he makes a good
recovery.

Drew
09-11-12, 04:33 PM
The car was picked up soon after, however it would transpire the map is not brilliant with a few issues, so I think the person Drew mentioned came and took a peek at the map, suggestions were it was not a good map and could be made a lot better ironing out some peaks and flat spots etc

yes, i agree, but thats like bringing one of G's cars to me to take a look at. it will have many problems that need work to get it to how i like it. no mapper is going to leave another map saying its great!

recent problems dont make up for 3.5years of b/s.

Drew

Quadcam24
10-11-12, 12:16 PM
im sure everyone knows the story about the boy who cried wolf.... when the wolf actually did come nobody believed him ....and he had only himself to blame !

Supercharged_Z
10-11-12, 02:24 PM
im sure everyone knows the story about the boy who cried wolf.... when the wolf actually did come nobody believed him ....and he had only himself to blame !

who is crying wolf?

trying to stir somthing when there is nothing to be stir'd you just want to wind it up when infact if you look at it, its acheiving nothing.

If anybody actually read the comments made by the cars owner despite not having the full bible of information he is informed and happy.

Quadcam24
10-11-12, 03:38 PM
"If anybody actually read the comments made by the cars owner despite not having the full bible of information he is informed and happy."

oh yes of course steve is happy, i bet hes outside right now, turning cartwheels down the garden path.........here's a few smilies i dug up to represent steve's overwhelming happiness.

:angry::yikes::sneaky::sad::slap::ohmy::wavecry: :mad: :chair::shutup2::wall::shutup::no::cry::p:excl: :spank: :rant::thumbsdown::(:evilmad::yucky:

p.s you need to read the story about the boy who cried wolf as you clearly don't understand it.

Supercharged_Z
10-11-12, 03:41 PM
"If anybody actually read the comments made by the cars owner despite not having the full bible of information he is informed and happy."

oh yes of course steve is happy, i bet hes outside right now, turning cartwheels down the garden path.........here's a few smilies i dug up to represent steve's overwhelming happiness.

:angry::yikes::sneaky::sad::slap::ohmy::wavecry: :mad: :chair::shutup2::wall::shutup::no::cry::p:excl: :spank: :rant::thumbsdown::(:evilmad::yucky:

p.s you need to read the story about the boy who cried wolf as you clearly don't understand it.

Honestly, grow up

Quadcam24
10-11-12, 03:50 PM
sorry but if growing up requires me to lower my standards and compromise my expectations, then i don't think i'll bother.!

Supercharged_Z
10-11-12, 04:52 PM
sorry but if growing up requires me to lower my standards and compromise my expectations, then i don't think i'll bother.!

but your expectations are not relevant in this thread at all and neither are your standards.

Drew
10-11-12, 08:01 PM
being lied to isnt the same as being informed.

i hope the final issues can be sorted out asap.

Drew

Supercharged_Z
10-11-12, 08:47 PM
your right there

Again, the only person who can decide that or even accuse that is Steve. Not you, nor me nor anybody else.

like i said earlier in this thread. If Steve is unhappy, he needs to sort this, if he is happy with the situation, including whatever has caused it then he would also tell.

it cannot get any simpler than than that.

Smokey
10-11-12, 09:03 PM
Hopefully Steve will get what he wants out of it all in the end.

stamford
10-11-12, 09:48 PM
I am closing this thread as it seems to be just a vehicle to ridicule the OP and his project. The way in which the thread has gone is not helping matters. I shall leave it to Steve if he decides he wants this thread re-opened or create a new one when he feels he can publish any relevant updates that members wish to read rather than speculate on. Like I said before I admire Steve's patience in this project and will admit I could not be as patient as he is. The best of luck on the final outcome and keep us informed when ready to do so.