PDA

View Full Version : SORN and Insurance regulations

caled
11-11-11, 05:50 PM
Hi folks

Looks like I'm going to be taking my ZS off the road for a while whilst the insurance prices are ridiculous and my income has... dwindled.

Ive got a question about the ridiculous new tax and insurance rules, being when do I have to declare SORN?
My insurance is due to run out in early december, so when will I need to declare SORN and go for a refund on the tax disc? Before the insurance runs out or can I send off the documents on the day?

Ta

talkingcars
11-11-11, 08:07 PM
You can only claim back complete months of car tax.

chris106
14-11-11, 01:16 PM
you can claim for the tax refund at the same time as SORNing the vehicle, as far as i no it doesnt matter if its still insured because you wont be allowed to drive it SORN... but the regulations are that if the vehicle isnt insured then it will have to be SORN sojust declare sorn when the insurace runs out, i did mine almost a month after...

stamford
14-11-11, 02:55 PM
Just remember if SORN'd and with no insurance you are taking a risk if not secured against theft or breaking into etc. I was thinking of SORNing the zed over the winter but decided it wasn't worth the risk incase it got stolen etc.