PDA

View Full Version : Its That Time Of Year again...............

Bobdope2002
14-11-11, 02:43 PM
When it gets cold and peoples batteries start dying AGAIN lol

Cant afford a new one so bump starts and jumper leads are a neccesity now haha

stamford
14-11-11, 02:52 PM
I bought new batteries for the zed and Disco last winter as the old ones were past their best, the zed had its original one. Disco one was bought off ebay from a big supplier, saved alot over Halfords and local motor factors and has a 4 year g/t. Also bought a decent charger to keep all the cars topped up over the winter, has a maintenance mode, it pays to in the end. At least I know I won't be stranded. Sods law says the bonnet release will break, the car you want to jump it from will have the battery on the wrong side to yours! Cables won't be long enough! :yes:

Bobdope2002
14-11-11, 03:17 PM
I bought new batteries for the zed and Disco last winter as the old ones were past their best, the zed had its original one. Disco one was bought off ebay from a big supplier, saved alot over Halfords and local motor factors and has a 4 year g/t. Also bought a decent charger to keep all the cars topped up over the winter, has a maintenance mode, it pays to in the end. At least I know I won't be stranded. Sods law says the bonnet release will break, the car you want to jump it from will have the battery on the wrong side to yours! Cables won't be long enough! :yes:

Sods law eh haha

might buy a booster pack TBH

just need to get this weekends Spending spree out the way then i can see how much i have left (Blackpool,Stag Do You can imagine the rest)

Yampiedog
14-11-11, 08:18 PM
Solar Trickle charger cost between £10 - £20 and leave it on dash, job done.

Ritchy
14-11-11, 08:25 PM
063 battery costs about £20 lol, i bought a big bosch one though as i dont do cheap on my cars, dont fancy getting stranded somewhere

Steves Cleenz
14-11-11, 08:37 PM
Batteries are proper cheap for the 4 pot! dont get pissed this weekend and buy a battery instead lol