PDA

View Full Version : help

grimmy
13-11-07, 06:05 PM
Anybody have a clue why i can't use smilies in my posts unless i shut down my security service ,i know it will be something simple like a setting, just thick as and don't know what i am doing

sduk
13-11-07, 06:12 PM
strange, Hob might be better suited to answer this, when you say security settings do you mean on windows or Norton?

grimmy
13-11-07, 06:15 PM
I have virgin media's pc guard security running on the lap top if it helps antivirus pop up blocker and privacy manager if it helps

Leasky
15-11-07, 08:56 AM
dont smile them :-)

arwilson80
15-11-07, 09:28 AM
Are they all affected, or just some of them? I know there are 1 or 2 that are on Photobucket and the firewall we have at work blocks those ones.

Southern Storm
15-11-07, 11:54 AM
Being a member of the IT crowd I can confirm that the PCguard stuff you get with Blueyonder (now virgin) is really quite a poor product. Have seen all sorts slip past it and it block alot of ok stuff.
It is also a pain to remove if I remember correctly too.
So if you deactivate that the smilies work or is it just a security setting within your Internet Browser? (Microsofts Internet Explorer I would imagine you are using).

grimmy
15-11-07, 12:08 PM
it is all the smilies and they only work when i deactivate the pc guard

grimmy
16-11-07, 11:19 PM
Bump

Southern Storm
17-11-07, 06:00 PM
Uninstall PC guard.
start/control panel/add remove programs

Then go here to install the free anti virus program
www.free.grioft.com

Then go to
www.download.com

and search and download 'zonealarm' install the free firewall. Job done.

KevG
18-11-07, 08:59 PM
I've had no problems with PCGuard, works well if you do all the updates that it does.

shroonie29
18-11-07, 09:46 PM
http://free.grisoft.com/ will work better ;)

Shroon

Southern Storm
19-11-07, 08:37 AM
Thats what I get for rushing cheers mate.

grimmy
19-11-07, 09:39 AM
http://free.grisoft.com/ will work better ;)

Shroon
I used that particular software before and wasn't keen made to many processess run and made the lap top hang a lot, and apart from the smilie issue pcguard works really well, as i said before it will only be a setting thing just don't know which one will just keep plugging away until i find it