PDA

View Full Version : Buy now pay later alloy wheels?

kev mocko
19-11-11, 07:35 AM
Hi folks,being a bit skint near crimbo after just buying my zs,being a valeter ive got the bodywork pretty much mint for a dark met grey mk1 180,But the thing really peeing me off is the wheels are really letting it down,the car lived in morecambe so the salt i think has wrecked them,blistered all over,and flaking,now im thinking of trying to get a new set on these deals places do the buy now pay later but does any of you know of anywhere still does this? .There used to be loads but i think as times have got harder a lot of places have pulled out of this sort of thing nowerdays,.Its either get my rims refurbed for around £200 to £300 or pay an extra £200 on that i could have a brand new set of 17s again,which would prob make a big improvement on the cars looks too,anybody know of anywhere ?cheers,

Dan1971
19-11-11, 08:20 AM
Get them refurbed mate.

Cheaper aftermarket wheels look sh1t. Decent ones - eg Kei force 10s will set you back £450 ish just for the rims.

As you say - times are hard and this goes for the refurbers too. I reckon £40 a corner would get you a good powdercoat refurb and retain the good looks.

Boot Hill Bandit
19-11-11, 08:24 AM
Get them refurbed mate.

Cheaper aftermarket wheels look sh1t. Decent ones - eg Kei force 10s will set you back £450 ish just for the rims.

As you say - times are hard and this goes for the refurbers too. I reckon £40 a corner would get you a good powdercoat refurb and retain the good looks.

Agreed! There is a company on ebay that does exchange alloys..........seems a good option.

Other than that take a look at the recommended garages section on here for refurbers or use the search facility see if you get some leads on where to get them done.

kev mocko
20-11-11, 07:49 PM
Might try them,one of the reasons i poss thought new wheels was ive nothing to put on whilst getting the wheels refurbed,thats my only prob too,but id love them refurbed as my boss has black with like a dark grey on his car looks amazing where as mine are blistered a lot too,will that up the cost of refurb even more?

Boot Hill Bandit
20-11-11, 09:33 PM
Most good quality companies will acid dip the wheels, repair any imperfections and then finish them as you request. Some will blast the wheels rather than dip if you only require a painted or powdercoat finish.

Shadow Chrome is a nice finish.