PDA

View Full Version : So What Do We Do For A Job?

stamford
12-07-07, 09:41 PM
Always interests me what sort of cross section of people we have on these forums and what we do for a living...............there's always I.T. gods somewhere!

Me................well............I'm of the old school, however I had to succumb to using a PC everyday.

I'm a time-served Toolmaker by trade, started in the Aerospace industry when it was space and defence back in '81.

Worked for a race team building and developing race bikes for all classes up to 750 Superbikes and Isle of Man TT races. Also did R&D work on BTCC back in the early 90's.

I'm also a qualified engineer, a Master of Science they say! Not bad for a metal maggot!

Progressed as a development engineer working on process automation equipment and robotics. Then became a design engineer designing airbag assembly cells and nuclear de-commissioning robots.

Currently the Engineering Project Manager for a company based in Aldershot, here (http://www.corewire.com/) where I'm responsible for the design and project management of their automated welding machines, we are talking biggies that can weld forge dies at around 10tons and large steel rolls up to 4 metres in diameter!

StevieA ZS120
12-07-07, 09:48 PM
im a ramp operations supervisor for aviance at edinburgh airport
basically im in charge of the planes turnaround from the amount of bags going on to dangerous chemicals, live animals, fire arms ,ammo,
taking bags off of the plane and making sure they go to the reclaim belts in plenty time, then there is the security side of it and the safety side of it, right down to pushing the aircraft and positioning it in the taxi way

stamford
12-07-07, 09:51 PM
Impressive Stevie, alot of responsibility there, you must enjoy that.

sduk
12-07-07, 09:57 PM
i work for the government :D

stamford
12-07-07, 10:06 PM

Okay...............are we MIB then?

cjsale
12-07-07, 10:06 PM

007 style....:D

I work in the ATM industry, we install, remove, renovate, repair in the field etc. Also do a bit of Freight Forwarding as well, worked in Freight forwarding for 20 odd years (7 years with my own company) before moving into the ATM industry..

StevieA ZS120
12-07-07, 10:11 PM
Impressive Stevie, alot of responsibility there, you must enjoy that.

its interesting to say the least especialy with all these terrorist threats going on its only a matter of time before we get hit its like any job tho after a while it becomes routine you have good days and bad days plus with the wet summer we are having its not much fun just now:rant:

sduk
12-07-07, 10:12 PM
Okay...............are we MIB then?

no but peoples opinion of me changes when they find out the truth :weep:

StevieA ZS120
12-07-07, 10:13 PM
oink oink

hob
12-07-07, 10:13 PM

Sandwich inspector?

sduk
12-07-07, 10:15 PM
exactly! :D have been called worse :)

StevieA ZS120
12-07-07, 10:18 PM
i can imagine mate still its not a job to be embarrassed about i still would concider joining the force as you guys do have a huge responsibility and regardless of being called all the names that you do get called are still respected as you have a lot of **** tasks like dealing with deaths and stuff

Z Scotland
12-07-07, 10:21 PM
You mean it's all true what they say:hmmm:

HGV class1 driver

lukiep160
12-07-07, 10:22 PM
Mg rover/ Chevrolet techie here

sduk
12-07-07, 10:26 PM
Mg rover/ Chevrolet techie here

:bow:

MGZS55
12-07-07, 11:48 PM
I'm lost with sammy's role!!

I'm currently a call centre team leader, have been for over 5 years. Before that I was a jack of all trades - whatever paid the bills. I've packed biscuits, built PC's, been a nationwide 24 hour on call courier driver, constructed fences, been a gas fitters mate - factory work etc. Settled with the call centre thing though - you meet everyone and I really enjoy it!!

al_roverMG
13-07-07, 01:11 AM
i am a HM Coastguard watch officer. Have also been a HGV class 1 driver (did that for a year for something to do LOL) and before that a navigating officer on big grey things!!!

stamford
13-07-07, 07:09 AM

Right, you have pointy head!

chriszs180
13-07-07, 07:42 AM
well im the executive chef of the institute of chartered accounts
we have a 70 seater resturant 30 in the bar area and we have the great hall which can sit down up to 350 people

our food is modern british and is all fine dinning and plated .
keeps me busy but am looking forward to august everone goes on holiday and we rest........

then its christmas agh................ double shifts running about from 6.30 until 11pm. god i love the festive season:mad::mad::mad:.................

john180
13-07-07, 07:46 AM
IT technician lol....

Lil'Gemz
13-07-07, 09:41 AM
I currently work for Abbey, well Resolution in Glasgow, its pants and handing my notice in on Monday :D Woohoo!!! Managers that cant manage and woman who cant stop being grumpy or bitchy lol So Once i'm outta there I become my own boss... I'm setting up my own business in Childminding. Had a lot of work done on the house and Craig has alot of work to do in back garden :laugh: and my dad too. Gotta have it all finished for two weeks time.

Robstar
13-07-07, 10:09 AM
Work for a company called Vanguard or Premier First. IT Support.

Nothing great guys, looking for a new Job at the moment. Was a good work place to get some experience after leaving the army.

sarah
13-07-07, 10:32 AM
I currently work for Abbey, well Resolution in Glasgow, its pants and handing my notice in on Monday :D Woohoo!!! Managers that cant manage and woman who cant stop being grumpy or bitchy lol So Once i'm outta there I become my own boss... I'm setting up my own business in Childminding. Had a lot of work done on the house and Craig has alot of work to do in back garden :laugh: and my dad too. Gotta have it all finished for two weeks time.

hi hun.
ive been ddoing childcare for 4 years now and i enjoy it, its so rewarding and the attitude of the kids is different everyday. i started off as a teaching assistant and now im working for my nvql3 in nursery nursing, but in the school holidays i child mind for parents from the school.

good luck with your business

TurboZed
13-07-07, 11:11 AM
I'm a part time Carer (my wife who is disabled), part time game developer, part time mechanic (when I can be bothered!)
Jim

Stevedx
13-07-07, 12:14 PM
Bus/Coach Driver:chop:

RalphG
13-07-07, 12:20 PM
I run an XPart AutoService Centre in Kent. However, I used to be in IT - I worked in support for a programming language as the troubleshooter.

Lil'Gemz
13-07-07, 12:42 PM
hi hun.
ive been ddoing childcare for 4 years now and i enjoy it, its so rewarding and the attitude of the kids is different everyday. i started off as a teaching assistant and now im working for my nvql3 in nursery nursing, but in the school holidays i child mind for parents from the school.

good luck with your business

Yea I know, I cant wait to get started and being my own boss aswell.....gonna be brave and try to do my own accounts too...dont wanna pay an accountant if I can do it myself. My mate is an accountant so gonna see if he cant help me with the ins and outs....lol

Good luck with you NVQ

Maxxed_Ross
13-07-07, 03:28 PM
I was until recently a mechanical technician on board this beast, I'm about to go work on a Shell platform at the end of the month...

being built in El Ferrol, Spain

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/maxxed_ross/Captain/tex5.jpg

being launched

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/maxxed_ross/Captain/tex2.jpg

Offloading to a shuttle tanker

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/maxxed_ross/Captain/Captain20FPSO20Large.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/maxxed_ross/Captain/tex7.jpg

the view from the accommodation roof

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/maxxed_ross/Captain/Captain1.jpg

and the rig next to the FPSO

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/maxxed_ross/Captain/WPP1.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/maxxed_ross/Captain/CIMG1712.jpg

Well here's the breakdown for all of you who are still confused.

I work on the Captian FPSO, block 13/22a of the North Sea. It's about 150 miles from land. FPSO mean Floating Production, Storage & Offloading facility.

Basically the rig next to the FPSO drills for the oil and then processes it to get most of the gas out. It then comes over by pipe to the FPSO's turret (the big round green thing in the pics) This is anchored to the seabed and never moves. The boat can turn around this so that it's always facing into the weather to make life and production a bit easier as it's more stable.

It get's produced through all the gubbins in the middle (it's complicated so won't go into that) and then goes into tanks in the hull, much like an oil tanker. When the tanks get full an oil tanker comes up behind us and the oil gets pumped over to it and it all starts again.

The accommodation is the big white bit at the front with the heli-pad ontop

Some people think it's weird that I can get from my bed to my desk in about 30 seconds lol

So anyway there it is... any questions just ask

oh and here are some pics of the Rig being put together... these are some big-*** cranes! For a rough idea of size the big yellow "CAPTAIN WPP" sign is roughly the size of two double-decker busses parked end-to-end

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/maxxed_ross/Captain/tex6.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/maxxed_ross/Captain/tex1.jpg

You might well remember this rig, because in 1996 the very top of it hit the Erskine Bridge outside Glasgow, oops!

stamford
13-07-07, 05:04 PM
That's impressive! Proper engineering, I can relate to that!

So, what shifts do you do then?

Maxxed_Ross
13-07-07, 11:34 PM
I was on 2 off 3 but no idea about the new place yet... more than likely 2 and 2

Steves Cleenz
13-07-07, 11:37 PM
I run my own valeting business www.stevescleenz.co.uk

arwilson80
14-07-07, 10:24 PM
My mate is an accountant so gonna see if he cant help me with the ins and outs....lol

Dad does all the accounts for his brothers small business and then the Accountant just checks it over. I'm sure you could do it no problem.

As for me I'm a software tester for a company in Belfast which is owned by a very large US insurance company. Currently working on a project which is being rolled out in phases to about 40,000 users.

Boot Hill Bandit
15-07-07, 07:02 AM
I'm a carpenter as well as dealing in karting parts..........but then again I need a career change soon and who knows where it will take me.

Jim

TurboZed
15-07-07, 10:35 AM
I'm a carpenter as well as dealing in karting parts..........but then again I need a career change soon and who knows where it will take me.

Jim

Post whoring?:rofl::yay::tease:
sorry!

Boot Hill Bandit
15-07-07, 02:51 PM
:slap: well..........I can't really find a position in that :crazy: closest term to that is whore but I'm not that either :hmm: so guess I will have to keep looking :tease:

Mephiston_2k
16-07-07, 10:45 AM
Im an emissions tester at Gaydon, for Land Rover/Jag and Aston Martin.
Finished the apprenticeship scheme last year, and was previously at the factory in solihull for 3 years.

stamford
16-07-07, 12:14 PM
Post whoring?:rofl::yay::tease:
sorry!

Sorry Jim but I lol'd!

:slap: well..........I can't really find a position in that :crazy: closest term to that is whore but I'm not that either :hmm: so guess I will have to keep looking :tease:

How about gigolo?....................pays well.................apparently!

Matto 180
16-07-07, 12:38 PM
Marketing Director

stamford
16-07-07, 12:41 PM
Marketing Director

Those that leave it that short must hiding something! :fishing:

There must be more to it than that!

Glen290
16-07-07, 01:05 PM
Im an Industrial Performance manager for Nestle, also cover the IT role here too..:weakbench:

garythesnail
16-07-07, 07:16 PM
Hairyarsedbuilder.

Sounds better than 'Project Manager for the refurbishment of Council offices'. Forget building anything, more like PR representative / whiping boy :whip:/ nanny to 800 odd members of existing council staff who'll moan when the temperature varies more than half a degree away from the 22 deg norm. Look out if we drill a hole and make a noise!

The refurb is simple (bar the excitment of no records of which electric circuit goes where - keeps the sparkies on their toes), the politics requires the patience of a saint..............and I've got six months to go...............and it's wearing thin.:judge:

Can think of many worse jobs to be doing though...........and a few better ones:D

mg nut
16-07-07, 09:33 PM
i work for my self as a plumbing and heating engineer have done for 24 years make enough to own loads of mgees

stamford
16-07-07, 09:38 PM
i work for my self as a plumbing and heating engineer have done for 24 years make enough to own loads of mgees

That sounds like i'm in the wrong line of work!

shroonie29
16-07-07, 09:49 PM
Aviation Security Agent here :)

Shroon

Steves Cleenz
16-07-07, 10:24 PM
i run my own mobile valeting business :trampoline: \/\/\/\/

kris-zr
17-07-07, 10:14 AM
here a wee pic of my work, been offshore now for 6yrs. here an there now back on the north cormorant being trained as supervisor. :-?
http://www.btinternet.com/~derek.mackay/offshore/images/rigs/P1002516.jpg

Ross do you know what rig your going to? who is your employing co. going to be? as Shell are changing their rota to 2/2/2/4 in aug. also don't know if you know but Shell are currently trying to sell their northern mature assets.

Halski
17-07-07, 10:41 AM
University Lecturer and TV Science Evangelist......

these are some items I did for the Ministry of Mayhem.....

http://www.sosabowski.com/3 shot finger.jpg

http://www.sosabowski.com/3 shot xmas cake.jpg

sduk
17-07-07, 11:47 AM
are you in the pics? :D

stamford
17-07-07, 12:17 PM
That last one is worrying! TV Science Evangelist!

MGPhoenix
18-07-07, 06:37 PM
I work in the exciting industry :hang: that is plumbing and heating as a salesman for Wolseley UK (Plumb Center). :-D

SimonMGZS
26-01-08, 06:53 PM
i am currently working for sealey power products in bury st edmunds as a service engineer

i have worked for them since 2001 and the work is varied.

i have attached this link so people can have a look

http://www.sealey.co.uk/PLPageBuilder.asp?id=3&method=mGetGuestHomepage&

afcbadam
26-01-08, 07:05 PM
gas fitter (and a bluddy good one)

Mat C
26-01-08, 07:54 PM
Started out as a decorator in 1994 then joined the Army (Royal Engineers) in 1996. Got medicaly discharged (shattered ankle) and got into doorman work at some local pubs and clubs whilst still doing a bit of decorating to top the wages up ! Then in 2005 after the July bombings in London i was asked to work at the BBC television centre as a close protection guard (bodyguard basicly). Was a good job but a restless one so i have now returned to decorating full time ! Not quite as exciting as being a CP guard but it's steady money, good hours and easy-ish ! :)

Maxfly
26-01-08, 09:08 PM
At the moment i am a print finisher working for Nevisprint in Fort William, have been for near 10 years now, 9 of them night shift:sheep: Redundancy's looming but reckon i will be ok as i am about the hardest working ******* in my department and know my machines inside and out - one of the few who will try and fix em when they break down. Also been training to be a driving instructor, past first two test no bother but failed the final one in november and the first test has lapsed so have to do all three again:axe:

ZS B19LYB
26-01-08, 10:52 PM
dnt think av answred this one lol. here goes anyway am a full time student studying business computing at cov uni and work as a sales consultant at Phones 4 u part time.

grimmy
26-01-08, 11:24 PM
Fully trained Gardener to hnc level, work for a local authority which is crap, started in recent months to get into the training side of it so now helping out delivering vq's in horticulture to school kids which is pretty cool but have to go back to my normal crap after it recently applied to become a train driver less hassle twice the wages so fingers crossed

RalphG
26-01-08, 11:43 PM
I can't believe that I've missed this one. Well, most of you know what I do...

I run an XPart AutoService Centre in Kent (between Sittingbourne and Rainham). I am the Managing Director and major share holder ;)

Prior to running this garage I used to be in IT. My last job was suporting a programming language. I also, at times, made changes to it, particularly in the area of the database interface.

BTW Halski is the guy in the bright coloured rubber gloves in the two photos.

Fez
27-01-08, 10:15 AM
I work for EDS on Oracle HRMS and Payroll System. Its good fun and I am currently on the biggest Oracle enterprise in the world.

JIMZS180
27-01-08, 10:51 AM
I'm lost with sammy's role!!

I'm currently a call centre team leader, have been for over 5 years. Before that I was a jack of all trades - whatever paid the bills. I've packed biscuits, built PC's, been a nationwide 24 hour on call courier driver, constructed fences, been a gas fitters mate - factory work etc. Settled with the call centre thing though - you meet everyone and I really enjoy it!!

currently in a similar role..dept leader in Norwich Union working in partnership with Barclays Bank......sounds grand but just means ..you phone them and get us!!!!!!

Xpower Grey 03
27-01-08, 12:35 PM
Looking to sit my final interview to become a RICS Chartered Quantity Surveyor. Currently employed by Urban Vision, public private partnership between Salford City Council, Capita Symons and Morrison Construction (although I handed in my notice just over a week) Going back to private practice, money and work exp. too inviting (who knows maybe purchase a 180)

previous carreer was a building services enginneer, heating, electrics etc.

RudeDogg1
27-01-08, 01:02 PM
Im a technical assistant in research and developement for a company that makes stuff for the armed forces.

Southern Storm
27-01-08, 10:25 PM
I work In IT for a big car dealersip here in the south west............alright alright wake up at the back.

Boot Hill Bandit
27-01-08, 10:28 PM
I work In IT for a big car dealersip here in the south west............alright alright wake up at the back.

:laugh: I think the back row weren't sleeping mate........they are up to much worse.........I should know thats where I go ;)

Jim

Southern Storm
27-01-08, 10:29 PM
Wondered why the seats were always damp at the back.

Boot Hill Bandit
27-01-08, 10:38 PM
Wondered why the seats were always damp at the back.

Yeah my passenger seat got a new stain today :sad: my cycle drinks bottle leaked on it so its nice and sticky now......along with the suspect white stains :laugh:

Oh well.......I don't use the passenger seat so never mind :whistle:

Jim

Southern Storm
27-01-08, 11:17 PM
Take it out Jim. Only adds weight!

chrisds
15-02-08, 09:38 AM
wot we do for jobs , well im an HGV class 1 driver and i sort of enjoy it not a bad job.

midcuk
15-02-08, 09:59 AM
im an ict director and its soooooooo boring :)

ZS
15-02-08, 01:23 PM
I am a Networking and Network Security Manager for a Large ISP, I Build servers for people to host large websites on and maintain the network behind them :D

Some of the forums are on my network ;)

weagie
15-02-08, 02:42 PM
Started as kitchen porter and then a short stint on a production line ( seriously boring) and then into bar work but sacked that as the pay is **** poor. Joined the forestry commission and put myself through a forestry management HND but found i didn't fancy being an office Jockey so went back to real forestry and a light stint in tree surgery. Ten year later and many a fallen tree ( many more planted so all you Eco folk are kept happy ) I quit my position of ground care and forestry foreman for the Marques of linlithgow in Hopetoun estate and I'm now a logistics specialist. AKA white van man for UPS. This wont last tho, boring as hell and no chainsaws!

Maxxed_Ross
15-02-08, 02:48 PM
how did you get into the forestry stuff? I quite fancy it

weagie
15-02-08, 03:19 PM
Try any private tree surgery company or go on to the forestry commission but you'll start as a basic labourer dragging stuff about and tidying up after folk then you may get put through the first saw course which is a good laugh. I got my commission job through a uni placement and the wage was mince to start with.

talkingcars
15-02-08, 08:26 PM
When I left school I went into airfreight as an export clerk and worked up to sales before I got feed up with being made redundant.

Then while training as a driving instructor I did some driving for a local agency in white vans and 7.5 tonners.

Then after 8 years as an instructor I got bored and went to work for a VW/Audi dealers as a valater, it is really hard to get back into normal employment after being self employed and this was the first job I was offered, eventually I got fed up with the company as although they knew I could do more and often got me to do parts sales, servicing, customer reception and even demonstrating they wouldn't let me move up as they couldn't get hard working valaters.

After a bit of agency driving I ended up at a courier company for 18 months that led to an offer of a 7.5t driving job with a special event furniture hire company, www.spaceworks.co.uk , great job for the single man as we were at the heart of the entertainment business doing most major sporting and media events, F1, american champcar, superbikes, international rallying, wimbledon, chealse flower show, the brits (did that 5 years on the trot). I put myself through LGV2 and LGV1 while here. Unfortunatly durring while working here I became unmarried and when I remarried I walked out a week later.

9 months of driving Royal Mail artics for manpower got very boring so I took a job with a local civils plastic merchant as a 7.5 driver and when we got taken over I progressed to rigid crane lorries (including releif driver for our wagon and drag - a cab length longer than an artic!), unfortunatly the area we covered got smaller so the furthest one would drive is about 30 miles, 2 hours driving and 6 hours loading unloading, even with a remote control crane is not my idea of fun. I got myself transfered into the yard with the intention of working up to distrabution manager, it is slow progress but I might get there before I retire.

Currently my job consists of running an inter depot trunker (from load planning through admin to driving the fork lift to laod it), I am also a releif driver and jack of all trades in the yard and try to get my finger into as many aspects of the depot and company as possible, today I spent 2 hours sweeping up before spending some time in my capacity as a member of the companies directors/employees commitee (20 of us from 1100 staff).

Officially my job title is "LGV relief driver", my employer is www.burdens.co.uk

In my spare time I am doing an open university BSc.

Shafz
15-02-08, 08:35 PM
dnt think av answred this one lol. here goes anyway am a full time student studying business computing at cov uni and work as a sales consultant at Phones 4 u part time.

Didnt realise you were at Cov uni, never seen you around

Andyf
16-02-08, 04:30 PM
I went to Cov uni (finished in 1999 though!) had a great time despite most Cov being a right dump!

wilko66
16-02-08, 04:48 PM
Well i'm a paperboy :p

wilko66
16-02-08, 04:49 PM
No really I am

georgiansoccer
16-02-08, 06:52 PM
I am a production engineer at Ingenico in Dalgety Bay.
We do secure payment terminals. Chip and pin machines at checkouts and in the banking industry etc

Boot Hill Bandit
16-02-08, 09:41 PM
No really I am

Yeah I'd like to see you deliver all those ******* papers on a bike John :laugh: by the time you'd finished your round the paper would be about 6 months out of date :rofl:

I know what you are........no not a ****** ;)

I like trucking! I like trucking! I like trucking because I love to truck! *parp parp* :D

Jim

Zedhead
17-02-08, 12:45 PM
Im in the Music Industry,
im self employed and involved in Producing and Remixing (mainly Dance music) but I have worked with many different styles of music, different people and record labels, been doing it for roughly 8 years, since I left school (im 24 now)
I have a studio built at home were I mainly work from,
its not really a job that has demanding and set hours, so over the years I have managed to fit a couple of different things in along side it,

In the early days of leaving school I also worked as a DJ, and trained as a Sound & Light Engineer, and then worked as a Sound and Light installer/Engineer for a year or so,

I then got very deep in to the Production/Remixing and Mastering and put a lot more time in to doing that,

to simply tie me over when I had quiet times I decided to start an online cd/vinyl store, which sadly due to the current state of music sales I recently decided to stop trading and get out before things go wrong,

im still involved in Producing, Remixing and Mastering and im currently in the process of setting up a new business with my Farther, an Audio/Visual Installation service combined with Testing and inspection, and were doing our own one off custom installs that can pretty much be tailored to whatever the customer wants :cool2:

dvid
20-02-08, 09:35 PM
IT support Analyst is my official title lol
basically 1st and 2nd line support for a law firm in westminster.. bit of a trek and load of stuck up lawyers with silver hanging out their arses but it pays well for what it is :D

dc6532
29-03-08, 09:40 PM
Me? well my first job was 13 yrs ago when I joined the Paras, 3 yrs ago I transfered and now Im a Mlitary Policeman, hated by the bad guys, hated by the good guys! u cant win, still its a cool job!

dave87
29-03-08, 10:33 PM
I am a student at strathclyde uni doing computer science.

Part time i work as a supervisor in dominos pizza but up until recently I delivered pizza for them and still do on occassion :O

Alan.F
30-03-08, 11:19 AM
I am a post press operator at the Daily Mirror

Andyf
30-03-08, 02:25 PM
I am a Traffic Officer with Thames Valley Police (not Highways Agency) based at Taplow (near Slough), hated by bad guys, good guys and other police officers!!!

dave87
30-03-08, 03:07 PM
you know i regularly get followed by traffic cops, yet have never been pulled over. I can only imagine they see that I look about 12 and driving a car with the extreame spoiler. That story is for another day though

Andyf
30-03-08, 03:49 PM
Maybe it is me following you just admiring your car!

dave87
30-03-08, 05:44 PM
west of scotland is a long way to travel to see a 110+ lol

to be fair though if i saw what looked like a teenager driving about the town at 1am in a delivery boy uniform i would follow me aswell.

Dan1971
30-03-08, 06:27 PM
Inspector in the Metropolitan Police. I work in the murder capital of the UK. Newham.

carl-mgzs
30-03-08, 06:57 PM
I work as a forklift truck technician, spend most of my days stripping old trucks down, replacing or repairing bits of it and then doing a full re spray followed by re building it! I enjoy every aspect of the job :)

foggy
30-03-08, 07:54 PM
I am a senior loadmaster for sas airlines at heathrow.I am responsible for supervising the loading of the aircraft,refueling and de-icing in the winter months(ps: i do not work in terminal 5).

dvid
30-03-08, 08:31 PM
I work in IT for a law firm in Westminster.... I work with a good bunch of people but you can see the silver still hanging out of the arses of the people I support! Still the pay's alright and they treat you well

dave87
30-03-08, 08:52 PM
I am a senior loadmaster for sas airlines at heathrow.I am responsible for supervising the loading of the aircraft,refueling and de-icing in the winter months(ps: i do not work in terminal 5).

how lucky do you feel right now?

Blinky
30-03-08, 09:46 PM
well i print balloons for a living...at the moment...i want new job...but the plus side is all the helium!!

Rocket Red
30-03-08, 10:41 PM
i'm a foreign currency trader dealing with private house buyer's to large corporate companies.

jp kelly
31-03-08, 07:20 PM
im a class 2 hgv driver with hiab for a builders merchant

niknog
01-04-08, 09:42 AM
I, for my sins work in Insurance - Personal Lines Dept.

Before anyone asks, our rates are pants for modded cars at the moment. I am looking at a couple of leads to get some good rates but not looking to good.

Glen290
01-04-08, 09:46 AM
Just changed roles recently, im now a Supply Chain Manager for Nestle..

Dan1971
02-04-08, 05:09 PM
Just changed roles recently, im now a Supply Chain Manager for Nestle..

Off topic .... OMG ! Tell me that you video'd that signature yourself and you will achieve God status in my book. :thumbsup:

Smokey
02-04-08, 10:11 PM
well I have been a postie for the last few years while trying to progress my application to the police (far too many interviews/tests) but have finally been accepted and start on the 29th of April so well pleased!

dave87
02-04-08, 10:31 PM
Is it just me or is every 2nd member of this forum working for the police in some capacity

Rosscopecotrain
02-04-08, 11:04 PM
Firefighter.

G

Andyf
07-04-08, 02:16 PM
Is it just me or is every 2nd member of this forum working for the police in some capacity

Should be a nice and safe Forum then!

sarah
07-04-08, 02:41 PM

Firefighter.

G

you and others do a very good job in those services, and uniform is great 2!
:shutup: :w00t:

wilko66
07-04-08, 03:14 PM

oi!!! what about paerboys then :look:

Rosscopecotrain
07-04-08, 03:17 PM
Thanks

G

stamford
07-04-08, 06:24 PM

More like putting work their way :drunk:

sarah
07-04-08, 07:17 PM
oi!!! what about paerboys then :look:

:rofl: no! :judge:

Thanks

G

must be a real tough job. rather you then me :thumbsup:

dj_russell
08-04-08, 10:49 PM
im a cctv engineer lol and wannabe trance dj

stamford
09-04-08, 07:24 AM
im a cctv engineer lol and wannabe trance dj

Is that another term used for voyeur? :laugh:

Trance, sounds a bit new age to me..................Do you play any 80's music?.......................:oldtimer:

wilko66
09-04-08, 07:50 AM
Is that another term used for voyeur? :laugh:

Trance, sounds a bit new age to me..................Do you play any 80's music?.......................:oldtimer:

no silly, thats where you just stand and stare..............god you don't know anything :smartass:

stamford
09-04-08, 12:21 PM
no silly, thats where you just stand and stare..............god you don't know anything :smartass:

'Google' voyeur and see what it throws up ;) ................apparently :huh:

Andyf
09-04-08, 05:22 PM
I am a big fan of trance (although don't listen to it as much as I used to 'back in the day') I loved going raving and listening to Mark EG and M-Zone, ahh the good old days! :clap::yoji::clap:

lewerty
20-04-08, 07:19 PM
train driver

stamford
20-04-08, 09:09 PM
Updated mine as I was promoted recently and have a new job title :D post #1

LozMachine
20-04-08, 09:16 PM
Im a metal fabricator(supervisor) for the nuclear industry ( BNFL):shoot:

stamford
21-04-08, 07:35 AM
Im a metal fabricator(supervisor) for the nuclear industry ( BNFL):shoot:

Interesting! I used to do work for Magnox, Sizewell A, inspection robots and decommissioning equipment, many years ago.

mgjkd
21-04-08, 07:06 PM
Im a Network Communications Engineer :smart:

mgjkd
21-04-08, 07:08 PM
oh and i have been known to do the odd porn movie too :detective:

Gavspav
10-06-10, 10:13 PM
I dunno how I stumbled on this, but anyway.

I am - and I'm going to have to look long and hard for a smiley for this - an opera singer. :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: Sorry, there seems to be a singular lack of operatic smiley's. Hmmmm. I wonder why?

this is me:
www.gavintaylor.com

Ritchy
10-06-10, 10:30 PM
im a mechanic working mainly with, fords, mazdas and rovers, even got the papers to prove it haha

StragglaSteve
11-06-10, 08:20 AM
this is me:
www.gavintaylor.com

LOL GAVIN!!!!!

you look like an older version of my brother!!

Marky Mark
11-06-10, 10:38 AM
Work as a Class 1 driver for the NHS Supply Chain.

It's a bit different to what I was doing 3 years ago, my main trade was a four colour planner and retoucher in the print which I served a 4 year apprenticeship, but all the skills went out of the job once computers came on the scene!

Love the driving, being your own boss on the road, apart from the idiotic drivers that cut you up! :p

StragglaSteve
11-06-10, 11:04 AM
Work as a Class 1 driver for the NHS Supply Chain.

It's a bit different to what I was doing 3 years ago, my main trade was a four colour planner and retoucher in the print which I served a 4 year apprenticeship, but all the skills went out of the job once computers came on the scene!

Love the driving, being your own boss on the road, apart from the idiotic drivers that cut you up! :p

always a good idea to give a class 1 lorry plenty of room!

lets be honest, whos gonna come off worse/flattend? not you my friend! ;)

si3000
11-06-10, 11:45 AM
Currently out on placement for the year from uni working in a large software development company as a Infrastructure Services Engineer. At the weekends i work part time in Apple! ;)

Gavspav
11-06-10, 01:33 PM
LOL GAVIN!!!!!

you look like an older version of my brother!!

Good God, your brother must be a handsome- if somewhat juvenile - devil then!:oldtimer:

Bobdope2002
11-06-10, 02:08 PM
I wash Pants :D

Jay-ZS+
11-06-10, 02:17 PM
Cant believe Ive never seen this thread! Im currently a Student :beer::beer: and Barman :beer::beer: :laugh:

Before that I worked as a cabinet maker, designing and making bespoke furniture. Although with the recession the buiness was struggling and I decided it was as good a time as any to 'jump ship before it sinks' and change career hence the uni. Hoping by the time I come out the economy will be on a boom!

Heres some examples of stuff Ive made or worked on.
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/jayhowl/Morgan%20Design/Fordham%20Bed%20room%20suite/Fordhambedroom6.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/jayhowl/Morgan%20Design/Fordham%20Bed%20room%20suite/Fordhambedroom2.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/jayhowl/Morgan%20Design/New%20Forest%20Table/DSCN5718.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/jayhowl/Morgan%20Design/Stamford%20Desk/5.jpg

Few bits made for Tiff Needell.
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/jayhowl/Morgan%20Design/Tiff%20Needell%20Bits/Tiffwave1.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/jayhowl/Morgan%20Design/Tiff%20Needell%20Bits/tifffishtank1.jpg

Do miss the feeling of satisfaction after a days work looking at what youve achieved although dont miss the winters when the workshop could be below zero and only reach 12deg after having the wood burner going all day!!

andys1981
11-06-10, 03:50 PM
hi folks, i currently work for asda distribution,ive been there nearly 8 yrs,and i work in the freezer,was backshift until tues,changed to nightshift,due to family commitments,previous to that, i was a car alarm and hi-fi fitter for kas in falkirk,absolutely loved this job but they went bust

daytona365
11-06-10, 06:33 PM
I work for a "FORD!!!!!" garage, in the parts dept. I know they are not MG's, but its a job lol.
Still get cheap parts for my car, and got the mechanics to help with any silly probs I cant fix.

And its one of the best looking cars in the staff car park.

peterzs
11-06-10, 07:50 PM
I dunno how I stumbled on this, but anyway.

I am - and I'm going to have to look long and hard for a smiley for this - an opera singer. :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: Sorry, there seems to be a singular lack of operatic smiley's. Hmmmm. I wonder why?

this is me:
www.gavintaylor.com

Enjoyed your clips, great voice, and what a fantastic job.

:smile1::smile1::smile1::smile1:

peterzs
11-06-10, 08:05 PM
Sob, sob, no job, was working at a landscaping company, ended up as company secretary and a director.

We used to cut and maintain married quarters for the Navy, RAF and Army.

Had sites in Plymouth, Bournemouth, Portsmouth, Marham in Norfolk.

Trouble was, the big boys decided they could do the work for half the price we were doing it for and the MoD decided to take their price.

TUPE'd over 50 of our guys, so we didnt have enough work or men to carry on. So we were paid off and the company closed.

:wizard::wizard::wizard::-D:-D

ibrox_hunk
11-06-10, 08:16 PM
im a manager for poundstretcher, lol

Gavspav
11-06-10, 08:27 PM
Enjoyed your clips, great voice, and what a fantastic job.

:smile1::smile1::smile1::smile1:

you sir, are a gentleman and a scholar, as well as being blessed with impeccable taste. Sir, I salute you.:thankyou:

RichZS180
12-06-10, 12:12 AM
Used to be an office monkey (admin). Now redundant.

Although i have a HND in forest management from uni of lincoln, so need to get my ass in gear lose my podge and try and make something of my life! Gonna go for tree surgeon or aboriculturalist i think if i can.

Huffy
12-06-10, 12:42 AM
Final Cut Pro Editor, Camera Man and general Production Boffin. I play with music, video and pictures all day :P

Working freelance at the moment as there is a lack of salaried work in Newcastle at the moment.

p_b82
14-06-10, 01:56 PM
I am an IT Technical Consultant to give me my formal title.

I get to travel around Europe and work on the client sites installing the software our company produces - contracted for 75% of the working year to be away), as well as other parts of the software system quality control processes.

As our clients are the Pharmaceutical companies, things have to be done 'right' and with a lot of paperwork; the job is not as glamorous as many people think!

haGGard
17-06-10, 11:40 PM
Currenly working at HMP Belmarsh Prison in the control room. Not planning on staying there though!

peterzs
18-06-10, 08:25 AM
Currenly working at HMP Belmarsh Prison in the control room. Not planning on staying there though!

Sounds like you've got a plan for getting out.

:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

Jay-ZS+
18-06-10, 08:47 AM
Sounds like you've got a plan for getting out.

:laugh: Very good pete :construction:

benedwards64
18-06-10, 07:57 PM
Another IT bod here - although I'm actually in sales for an IT reseller. Sounds incredibly boring but I really enjoy it!

acemodder
20-06-10, 02:14 PM
I'm a senior buyer at a company called overclockers

www.overclockers.co.uk

tb steve
20-06-10, 08:09 PM
office bod in the warehouse for the nhs or nhs dhl supply chain lol

shcKr-
20-06-10, 08:18 PM
I work as a junior web developer :)

Steves Cleenz
20-06-10, 09:02 PM
i clean cars lol

WXM Matty
20-06-10, 09:38 PM
Student and part time in Currys/PC World

Bobdope2002
21-06-10, 09:02 AM
Student and part time in Currys/PC World

And you can afford a car as nice as that you must have saved for ages

Phate
21-06-10, 11:55 AM

Know a guy called Adrian Thomson?

Nor
21-06-10, 01:29 PM
I'm a senior buyer at a company called overclockers

www.overclockers.co.uk

Used it for years :thumbsup:

deanz zr
21-06-10, 01:35 PM
work in a caravan dealership, carrying out pre delivery inspections, servicing and repairs.

haGGard
21-06-10, 01:52 PM
Know a guy called Adrian Thomson?

Cant say i do no, is he an officer? I work completely seperatly from the prison officers.

Phate
21-06-10, 02:06 PM
Cant say i do no, is he an officer? I work completely seperatly from the prison officers.

Not quite, he's an inmate!

rottiesdad
21-06-10, 05:06 PM
I work in the transport industry.Im a qualified hgv fitter,complete with a class 1 licence so i can drive them,break them and fix them.I now work for the government.

haGGard
21-06-10, 05:21 PM
Not quite, he's an inmate!

Aha, i'll look up his name on file tonight :p

Phate
21-06-10, 05:31 PM
Aha, i'll look up his name on file tonight :p

Cool, don't quote me on the spelling of the surname, could be Thompson.

Either way I know him and used to train with him a couple of years ago :)