PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Idiots not paying attention to the roads...

ZS
30-11-11, 10:15 AM
Someone drove into the back of my 2001 75 Tourer this morning...

Was on a roundabout, Someone else pulled out infront of me without looking, I stopped the person behind me didn't...

Turns out he's Dutch, with a Dutch car, Dutch Insurance, on a green card... Sounds like a lot of hassle!

Anyway His car is now roughly 2 inches shorter (1994 Corrolla) - Front end caved in, bonnet not shutting etc...

My Car seems relitively untouched... I have a scuff in the rear bumper, car still drives and Reverse sensors etc work perfectly... However what damage should I look out for undernieth? Tailgate opens and closes with no issues... spare wheel access is fine with no issues... can't see any stress marks in the bulkheads etc...

I am putting the car up on my mates ramps later today, what should I look out for?

Squeaks
30-11-11, 10:19 AM
Check the rear crumple bar behind the bumper, im guessing if his car had that amount of damage then your rear bar will most likely be damaged, the bumper is designed to just pop back out,
also check everything at the rear is still in line, maybe an idea to check it with lazers as it may have shifted the tracking etc out abit.

You may be lucky but if his has that amount of damage id check everything.

hope its ok and you get it sorted asap

Dan1971
30-11-11, 10:27 AM
Sorry to hear mate .... Hope you're OK and the car turns out to be untouched behind the bumper.

stamford
30-11-11, 11:58 AM
Hope it is okay Sam, have a good look over the rear end, take the bumper off if I were you as well.

peterzs
30-11-11, 04:53 PM
Hard luck, as said check the crumple bar.

Colleague at work had the same thing on the A27, he was driving a new BMW, girl pushed him up the rear. He said there was no damage, could just see what looked like a bolt head pushed up on his bumper.

Took it into the garage, over a thousand pounds of damage, new bumper, crush bar, spraying.

They use one off bolts, when they are hit they absorb the damage but cant be reused.
He said he very nearly let the girl drive off without swapping details!!!!

Hope your one is in better condition.