PDA

View Full Version : Reluctant sale

Mr ZS180
30-11-11, 04:47 PM
Well the ZS is finally for sale.

>Click Here!< (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300630963150)

Very reluctant sale and I have started it at that price as Im not fussed if it sells or not tbh as I have a trackday booked in Feb and would rather do it in the ZS than the Skyline!!

If it does sell the cash is going toward a bigger turbo on the Skyline so its like the MG will be a part of it lol!

peterzs
30-11-11, 04:59 PM
Best of luck with the sale, lots of work done, giving it away if you take the cost of the belts etc. off.

BUCKYDEVIL
30-11-11, 05:57 PM
Car looks in great condition so I think your starting price is Very fair, think you might get more money by removing the decals though as people might think it's had more than a few trackdays or owned by a chav(You are not)..
Best of luck with the sale and only wish I had the money to buy.

stamford
30-11-11, 06:04 PM
Honest ad, good luck with the sale.

Mr ZS180
30-11-11, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the comments and advice guys.

If the stupid new insurance rules didn't apply theres no way I would sell it as I have driveway space to park it but I just cannot justify having it insured and taxed all year round if it is only being used on a track, and I really cant be bothered to have to insure and tax every time I want to use it, then trade in the tax and cancel the insurance the day after. Its bad enough having to have one car thats a toy insured all the time.

When I had my 220 turbo my main car was a Cinquecento. When I wanted to use the Rover I just used to phone the insurance company, say I wanted a couple of days insurance or so and it cost me about 11 quid. Then the car would go back in the garage for a couple of months or so until I needed it again and just phoned the insurance company again when it was needed!!

You just cant do that now and it means that people who like to have a lot of cars, like me, need a crapload of money to be able to have lots of cars, which I dont!!!

ZS
30-11-11, 07:24 PM
i am very tempted to get another 180... just wish i could afford to get one!

tcb 180
01-12-11, 08:30 AM
Good luck with the sale. Be warned though. I looked at part exing mine on a £9k merc and was offered £700 to £1000. One owner 50,000 miles and also in very nice nick on 03 plate.

Mr ZS180
10-12-11, 12:30 PM
Well the car didn't sell so I'm gonna remove the stickers, and stick it up again for a few days and if it doesn't sell again I'm afraid it will be going to the big car graveyard in the sky. :(

Such a shame a car is worth a lot more in parts than it is whole!!!

Levi
10-12-11, 12:40 PM
Gutted for you mate, I've been keeping an eye on your auction over the last week just to get an idea of what they are going for, because either my ZS or the 100 will have to go soon, and it's almost unbelievable how little these have to be up for to sell. Yours ticks all the boxes for a potential buyer too.

Ritchy
10-12-11, 12:54 PM
you dont need to insure the car, you just cant have it taxed without insurance, as long as its sorned its fine

Phate
10-12-11, 01:00 PM
I cannot believe that didn't sell!

Ritchy
10-12-11, 01:01 PM
if you want to sell it then im frad i have to agree that the stickers need to come off,i find big stickers like that a bit of a putoff, i know you have looked after your car, but it shouts raced to me

Bobdope2002
10-12-11, 01:25 PM
if you want to sell it then im frad i have to agree that the stickers need to come off,i find big stickers like that a bit of a putoff, i know you have looked after your car, but it shouts raced to me

wont sell with the big stickers on it

Phate
10-12-11, 01:31 PM
It's not that, stuff like stickers is very personal taste.

For example if I bought the car, the first thing I'd do is remove them :p

...then break for parts.

Ritchy
10-12-11, 01:37 PM
people dont think like that though, stickers are easy removed yes, its like houses, a house thats poorly decorated wont sell as quickly or for as much as one that is, even though most people will decorate a house on moving in anyway

big_wasa
10-12-11, 02:05 PM
I dont like to coment on price but mk2's are now going for £1500 on a weekly bassis. To get a grand on a mk1 isnt going to be a quick or easy sale more so a couple of weeks before xmas.

Can you really break it for a grand ? No really, I want a mk2,,,,

Ritchy
10-12-11, 04:36 PM
i would hold out to after christmas, if it was more standard you will easy see a grand id think esp with belts and vis all sorted, stickers off, try get a standard steering wheel(youll be able to sel the current wheel and boss for more than a standard steering wheel anyway) and if possible take the fly eyes off it.:D

Phate
10-12-11, 04:40 PM
Dude, serious offer, I'm due some money in a couple of weeks, if it hasn't sold by then and you have no qualms of me buying to break for profit I'll have it off you.

Entirely down to you though :)

Supercharged_Z
10-12-11, 04:50 PM
if you need it gone then drop me a pm, I would probably take it of your hands.

lawrence-zs180
10-12-11, 06:01 PM
If I can shift the gt4 in jan then I would take it off your hands as well... Seems I'm in a que now though haha

Mr ZS180
11-12-11, 05:49 PM
lol. Im gonna remove the stickers within the next week and stick it up again after xmas just to see what interest I get.

Can you really break it for a grand ? No really, I want a mk2,,,,

Easy. Its about making sure you take every pound from every part you sell and put it all in a big pot. Anything that comes off the car, sell it. I use to buy a few modified (but more or less dead) cars about 5 or 6 years ago and brake them for parts and make quite a bit of money on the bay.

i would hold out to after christmas, if it was more standard you will easy see a grand id think esp with belts and vis all sorted, stickers off, try get a standard steering wheel(youll be able to sel the current wheel and boss for more than a standard steering wheel anyway) and if possible take the fly eyes off it.:D

Still got the standard wheel and will stick that back on. Forgot I had it lol.

Also, the headlights were sprayed black not flyeyed, but now they have been replaced with gleaming R45 headlights. Looks a lot better now.

Dude, serious offer, I'm due some money in a couple of weeks, if it hasn't sold by then and you have no qualms of me buying to break for profit I'll have it off you.

Entirely down to you though :)

if you need it gone then drop me a pm, I would probably take it of your hands.

If I can shift the gt4 in jan then I would take it off your hands as well... Seems I'm in a que now though haha

Will bear this in mind guys. :)

Ritchy
11-12-11, 06:55 PM
brilliant, with said done im sure it will sell well after xmas with the belts being done, the wheel and boss will sell well get you a few quid, and i dare say that the black lights would sell as well, if im looking for buying a car i do prefer a blank canvas or very little done:)

Phate
11-12-11, 09:09 PM
Good man, good luck with everything.