PDA

View Full Version : early post

Bobdope2002
01-12-11, 04:52 AM
Excuse me if this is a bit vague I've just woken up

I've just drove the 110 to work.... now usually the temp gauge reaches half way and its cool this morning its only managed to hit a quater of the way so as you can imagine I'm worried

Not checked the water or oil yet but could this be the first signs of HGF

Tim

talkingcars
01-12-11, 07:39 AM
Excuse me if this is a bit vague I've just woken up

I've just drove the 110 to work.... now usually the temp gauge reaches half way and its cool this morning its only managed to hit a quater of the way so as you can imagine I'm worried

Not checked the water or oil yet but could this be the first signs of HGF

Tim

More likely to be the thermostat sticking open.

and

WAKE UP

Bobdope2002
01-12-11, 07:56 AM
Sat in it now on idol and it reached its temp then it went down when I turned the heaters on.....

I then turned em of and reved the engine and it went back up again any ideas???

Could that have been the fans kicking in too cool the engine??

Boot Hill Bandit
01-12-11, 08:19 AM
Sat in it now on idol and it reached its temp then it went down when I turned the heaters on.....

I then turned em of and reved the engine and it went back up again any ideas???

Could that have been the fans kicking in too cool the engine??

If you run the heaters the temp will hold steady or drop if you are on the move. I've done this before when I had problems with the stat on my old van.

I think you are worrying too much! Let it all cool down and before leaving work check and see if you get a lot of pressure in the expansion tank when undoing the cap. It should unscrew easily with no hissing. Check the colour and state of the coolant.

If like my ZT190 there is lots of pressure in the tank when the car has been sat for 12 hours and you can see rainbow patterns in the water, hearing water rushing around behind the dash in the hoses and matrix and have a mayo cap and dipstick you know you have hgf lol

tcb 180
01-12-11, 08:20 AM
No apart from the obvious, that the heaters will pull some of the temperature away from the system as a whole and the cold spell we've had. Try a new sender if your that concerned.

Bobdope2002
01-12-11, 06:08 PM
Well to conclude ive just taken the zed out for a longish drive (bout 45 mins) mixed speeds and not once did the temp gauge fluctuate from just a bit below center where it usually is

Think it may have been a bit colder than normal this morning and took a bit longer warm up

will check in the morning for oil and fluids going awol but other than that i dunno lol

BUCKYDEVIL
01-12-11, 06:16 PM
Noticed mine is also taking longer to warm up to just under half way,
just the cold weather bud.
Put HGF paranoia away.

Supercharged_Z
01-12-11, 06:24 PM
some posts send me insaine!!!

Bobdope2002
01-12-11, 06:33 PM
aernt you a bit nuts already ross

Boot Hill Bandit
01-12-11, 07:09 PM
Everything is fine I assume mate? The HGF paranoia can be put well away now lol.