PDA

View Full Version : Number plate WARNING !

Stephen
05-12-11, 11:10 AM
As of Saturday there iv had SV54 for 5 months and still no sign of S60LDR being put on it. The Garage Dean St Cars Kilmarnock said they would.

Theres been a whole story behind it but the garage were trying to keep it. But they went into liquidation and all cars were took and went to a Glasgow Motor Auction. And as far as i know AX54NYH went with it along with my number plate!!!

Can i ask a Huge favour from everyone, to keep an eye out for a Royal Blue ZS 120+ Saloon. could be wearing AX54NYH or S60LDR as a plate but is still registered with S60LDR. I need to find the car and get the tax disc number from it!! ( Is there anyother way this can be done? )

Has KEI force 10's With Toyo Proxes t1-r tyres. Janspeed Catback Full sports Leather Headlamp powerwash and tinted rear windows.

http://i41.tinypic.com/qrap1k.jpg

grimmy
05-12-11, 11:21 AM
Lucky it's that colour that will make it stand out in the crowd but that's a right pisser that happening.

Yampiedog
05-12-11, 01:43 PM
Still shown on that vehicle...

http://sell.autotrader.co.uk/uk-ola/VehicleDetails.action?advert.channel=CARS&advert.regNo=s60ldr&advert.source=P

Yampiedog
05-12-11, 02:10 PM
You could apply to DVLA for the current keeper although this will cost you a fee. You could then visit them obtain the VEL number either covertly if it is on a road or knock on their door overtly.
Alternatively if it still has the same VEL on it as when you sold the car then maybe they could tell you what it is where you last taxed it or they could tell you where to get it from...

Stephen
06-12-11, 01:29 PM
Weve managed to get a hold of the documents the garage were in possession of.

And i submitted them into dvla this morning to do the change.

In this whole process, because Ax54 was traded in and sold to trade they didnt get a v5 back for it. They had to reapply for it back in our name to get a v5 sent out to them.

Now they are in liquidation etc.. and its currently still in our name. What do we do? do we conntact the liquidators or put the v5 back into dean street cars?

I was told of someone in dvla today that because they are in liquidation, and ax54 is currently in our name. we may get the car back? is this correct?

either way im glad its being sorted and SV54 will have my S60LDR on soon :)

Smokey
06-12-11, 01:45 PM
Glad you're getting the plate sorted. I doubt you'll get the car back as you sold it. The V5 is not proof of ownership, just who is responsible for the car/tax etc. They will no doubt sell it cheap to cover company losses :(

talkingcars
06-12-11, 07:29 PM
That is good news.

However if the liquidators can proof that the car was bought by the garage, an I'm sure they can, I doubt you will get the car back.

If you need to speak to anyone speak to the liquidators.

caled
06-12-11, 08:43 PM
If they are planning on selling it, see if you can buy it back cheap from the administrators and then sell it on again hehe