PDA

View Full Version : Sheddist Clutch Kit issue?

Blade9274
09-12-11, 08:32 AM
Good Morning All.

I seem to be having a problem with the install of my sheddist (prob me being an idiot)
Its all installed but am unable to bleed it to any success, when i loosen the bleed nipple the pedal goes hard, and when i tighten it again the pedal goes soft (this sounds back to front).
When i do finally get pressure in my clutch with the nipple closed as soon as i press the pedal again all the pressure escapes somewhere :(.
I have been trying to get the 180 on the road again asap but failing :(

Has anyone else had this? i am going to change the bleed nipple and hope it solves it....
Is there any seals that could need changing in the slave?

Thanks
Graham

peterzs
09-12-11, 09:46 AM
I was reading somewhere that the clevis pin has to be adjusted when you fit the kit. To get a correct bite height.

Have no idea really, but could that stop the oil being pumped through the system????

You getting full movement on the pedal????

Is the pedal stop OK??

Does the actual shaft in the gearbox move, they can seize in the box.

Best of luck with it.

Blade9274
09-12-11, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the reply Peter.

The pedal does stop at the same level as the brake pedal, but i can pull it about 1 inch in my direction, so the pedal height doe's need adjusting.

And yes the shaft in the gearbox moves, and looks like it moves the correct amount until all the pressure is lost again.

I replaced the standard system with like to like about 12 months ago, and started to struggle to change gear when the car was warm.
I need my car back lol, 4 months without driving it, getting withdrawal symptoms lol.

peterzs
09-12-11, 10:10 AM
No air getting back into the system when you are bleeding it.

You doing it on your own, or someone pumping the pedal while you keep the oil topped up.

Sounds like air in the system, I'm used to MGB old style bleeding, bit of pipe and a milk bottle. Pump away until the bubbles stop.

Dont know how the 180 needs bleeding, but have you pushed through much oil, just to make sure the air has all gone???

stamford
09-12-11, 10:13 AM
Might require a bit of bleeding as the system will be pretty empty from scratch. The pedal clevis must also be set right otherwise you may still get issues. There's another thread on here in the last few days with similar issues, check it out.

Yampiedog
09-12-11, 05:27 PM
When I did mine it seemed to take forever to get the pressure back, I had to pump the pedal quite a few times!

Maxxed_Ross
09-12-11, 05:33 PM
I've got one of these to fit to the touring car so now I know what to look out for.

where is this clevis pin that needs adjusted?

Ritchy
09-12-11, 05:47 PM
is it definatly all together and not leaking? if so try a different bleeding tactic, get two people, top the resevior up to the top, pump the pedal 10 times with the nipple closed, then hold the pedal to the floor, then open the bleed nipple fully, (at least half a turn) close over and release the pedal, then repeat the process again until hopefully you have a pedal, can take a while to bleed a clutch system up

big_wasa
09-12-11, 06:53 PM
I had problems with mine. I think it was air getting past the niple.

worth it in the end.

talkingcars
09-12-11, 06:53 PM
Even Mr Sheddist recomends 2 man bleeding.

Also you should get it bleed before setting bitting points and peddle height.

It took me a while to get it right but it is worth the effort.