PDA

View Full Version : testing the water

weagie
15-12-11, 05:46 PM
I think it may be time to sell the zed so I'm just looking for a bit of advice on pricing her.

Good bits.
She starts!
Full stainless system
sport manifold/ heat wrapped
52mm throttle body
K&N induction
Eibach springs
grooved dimpled front disks
year old wheels plus origonal set with two good tyres (two of the wheels will need dents removed if possible and all could do with a refurb)
front and rear strut braces
no head gasket problems!
Start button mounted in real carbon fibre panel surrounding gear stick
1200 watt sub and amp, amp fitted to side of boot and sub mounted in the floor.
Origonal maniflod and cat to go with car
always been well serviced
Loud, lots of popping and farting thanks to stainless system, I like it!

Bad bits.
94,000 on the clock
paint work not perfect, needs some real TLC
small crack in front bumper under light due to Bambi not following green cross code!
rear bumper saggy (common problem and easy fix)
door handles coming adrift but again, common problem, I have three extra handles to go with it
rip in seat bolster on drivers seat
heater not very good for some reason
A/C needs recharged
loud, thanks to full stainless system, you get heard and not every one likes it!

Think was taxed in november for six months but MOT runs out in january and may fail on emissions. Idealy she needs to go ASAP before this.
I simply dont have the time or money any more to keep her going and its breaking my heart but nowt else for it.
Not sure how to value her as I have done a lot to her over the years, any help would be great, thanks

talkingcars
15-12-11, 06:05 PM
Unless you've removed the pre cat and the main cat you should pass the emisions test.

The car will be worth considerably more with an MOT, might be worth doing it before Jan to get through the new MOT.

weagie
15-12-11, 06:10 PM
both cats off, still got the origonal at the manifold but not the old section where the flexi pipe was. so i would need to buy new parts just to refit the mani for the MOT. I have put loads of thought to this and cant seem to find a solution and i've been offered another motor. Idealy i would put her off the road and spend the time but still need a car on the road, cant do both.