PDA

View Full Version : Do I laugh, Cry or Kill someone.

papa_lazaroo
15-11-07, 09:04 AM
:wall:I don't think I have said the word phook, so many times in one sentence before.
My mate just texted me, told me he parked at the station at the NEC this morning, and noticed my car as he walked into the station. He tells me someone, (and I really hope they die soon) :shoot2: has hit my car since I parked it on Monday. He tells me that it looks like they have only scuffed the rear bumper, just obve the LPG Adapter cap, but the rear bumper isn't sitting right now. I am SO feed up, I just want to get home.

! bit of good news, he says from the glass on the floor they have broken a lens. SO the B'stard knew they had hit it then.

He tells me it's not too bad, just makes the bumper not meet up with the body so well, I asked if he's sure as they are all like that, he asures me he's right as the paint is scratched and the left side has a bigger gap than the right.

I hate being me

al_roverMG
15-11-07, 09:07 AM
see i just hate it when people do that. there is no excuse for not owning up to hitting someones car. If the same happened to them they would scream and shout.

Maxxed_Ross
15-11-07, 09:08 AM
that is bad, some people just don't care

arwilson80
15-11-07, 09:31 AM
Did he see the car? Hope he got the reg if he did...

I hope a big concrete block gets dropped on his bonnet! :evil:

Southern Storm
15-11-07, 11:50 AM
Did he see the car? Hope he got the reg if he did...

I hope a big concrete block gets dropped on his bonnet! :evil:

Or his noggin. Pr**k
Grrrr :chair:

stamford
15-11-07, 12:09 PM
Did he mentioned if a note was left on the screen? Also does the car park have CCTV there? If so, one for the plod to follow up, leaving the scene etc. You never know. Agree though bastards!

al_roverMG
15-11-07, 01:23 PM
Did he mentioned if a note was left on the screen? Also does the car park have CCTV there? If so, one for the plod to follow up, leaving the scene etc. You never know. Agree though bastards!

I doubt plod will want anything to do with it as no one was injured and it was on private property. Might be worth asking the car park owners if there is any CCTV and also do you pay to leave your car there?? If you do then the car park owner have a duty of care to look after your vehicle and return it to you (regardless of the fact you drove in there and back out when you pick it up) in the manner in which it was at the start. This is why the signs containing the wording "owners park here at their own risk" or "no responsibility is accepted for vehciles parked here" are complete non-sense. If all else fails small claims court and take the car park owners to court to claim the damage costs.

papa_lazaroo
15-11-07, 02:27 PM
Apparently there was no note, and when he asked security if they saw anything they said that where I am parke under the noddy train linking staion to airport, is a CCTV blackspot. He found some broken lens and picked it up, took it to work with him, where some one in the know has Identified it as from a Range rover sport headlamp (Some car enthusiast eh, they are such anoraks!!) any way, the security guard there is now looking out for a Range rover sport with a busted headlight. Beauty is that it's a season ticket car park, so it'll be someone in there every day, or every other day. Just hope there aren't 2 of them.

mrt_04
15-11-07, 04:13 PM
Payback time!!!!!!!, find Range Rover.......then it's up to you. Paintwork is the most expensive on RR's I believe!!!! ;)

sarah
15-11-07, 04:17 PM
holy shoite!!
thats crap isnt it? hope you find out who did it, and next time park where the CCTV can see you mate.

al_roverMG
16-11-07, 06:50 AM
Payback time!!!!!!!, find Range Rover.......then it's up to you. Paintwork is the most expensive on RR's I believe!!!! ;)

Yeah and brake fluid/cleaner is a great paint stripper.

As i said though the car park (as you pay for a season ticket) have entered into a contract to provide a safe, secure and suitable place to park your vehicle. This includes having insurance cover for if another drive damages your car and does not provide their insurance details. This is because you have paid for a service which by accepting your money they have agreed to provide.

Might be worth a polite but strongly worded letter to the owners of the car park to bring this to their attention.

Stevedx
16-11-07, 08:32 AM
sorry to hear about your car mate, just been through all that myself, so I feel your pain

Boot Hill Bandit
16-11-07, 04:15 PM
Feel free to come and borrow my van..........thats a pretty good bumper car...........just don't bring it back.........it's a pile of **** to say the least...........and someone has raped the engine a bit too much and now it's flat as a pancake :slap:

Hope justice prevails!

Smitten Jim

stamford
16-11-07, 05:23 PM
My old racecar towing wagon was ace, no-one messed with that! 'twas an old Bedford CF350 twin wheel jobbie, bull bars, Cibie Oscars and looked aggressive from the front, so wide :D I finally put the Rover V8 in that thing when I broke the Chevette up, was a shame to waste such a good engine :laugh:

papa_lazaroo
20-11-07, 02:25 PM
Got him, I have a friend that sells merchandise at the NEC concerts, he's been turning up early afternnons this week, as Take that have been on, Any way he spotted a Range rover sport with Broken headlight, so I asked him to point it out to me.
I went down there last night and offered up the 3 pieces of broken lense I had, and they matched the headlight. So I sat there(in the wife's Mini one) waiting, and confronted this guy (Pilot for BMI baby), he refused to admit it was him, so I gave him a choice. Agree that there was no way these pieces could have come from anyone elses Range rover lense, and take responsibility like a man, Or I would drive off, and leave the chain I had put around his rear suspension memeber, and adjacent crash barrier, locked in place.

He owned up, and stuffed 200 quid in my hand as an apology. I only need to sort out the scuff, no further damage. I checked the weekend.......... RESULT !

arwilson80
20-11-07, 03:16 PM
Pilot for BMI Baby... £200... He'd probably not have noticed it going...

grimmy
20-11-07, 03:22 PM
Well done decent end result apart from the scuff, but you should have taken him round a corner and gave him a slap as well the scumbag

papa_lazaroo
20-11-07, 03:30 PM
Pilot for BMI Baby... £200... He'd probably not have noticed it going...

I know, but I got so much satisfaction to see him get all stroppy, then realise I am bigger than him, and a lot more angry.:rb::happy2:

Could have got nasty:chair:

Southern Storm
20-11-07, 03:52 PM
Blinding result mate good work.
Should have put the tin hat on it and said 'heh heh heh you are my wife now'

papa_lazaroo
20-11-07, 04:03 PM
200 Pounds buys a lot of Pegs Dave!, Can I use Your Toilet Dave?

stamford
20-11-07, 06:46 PM
Excellent! Certainly pays to be patient.

Leasky
21-11-07, 02:41 PM
not so good mate someone reversed into mine to when i was in a cue of traffic!!!!!

arwilson80
21-11-07, 03:38 PM
not so good mate someone reversed into mine to when i was in a cue of traffic!!!!!

Today? :cry: