PDA

View Full Version : Idle issue

mattie007
23-12-11, 10:35 PM
When I start the car, it seems to idle at around 1.5k revs, then drops down after warmed up.
However, once its warmed up the idle is then quite erratic and feels like its going to stall, dropping to around 500 then back to 1.5k.
Can do without any issues as just paid out for 2 new tyres :(

Zippy Saloon
24-12-11, 12:44 AM
What engine does yours have?

1.8s can have trouble with large connector by throttle body.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x88/Gary_6315/connector1.jpg

Levi
24-12-11, 03:54 AM
Is this the same issue as you had before with the erratic idling? Which engine do you have, and what have you tried already?

MG6Turbo
24-12-11, 07:08 AM
Matt remove the idle speed control sensor and the map sensor which are both located on the inlet manifold and clean them.

Ive seen mayonaise on a map sensor before after headgasket issues and this caused no end of idle problems. Not many people clean these after a headgasket is done so that one would deffo be my first port of call.

George

mattie007
24-12-11, 05:10 PM
Is this the same issue as you had before with the erratic idling? Which engine do you have, and what have you tried already?

I did have the idle issue before, but it kind of sorted itself after a long drive.

Matt remove the idle speed control sensor and the map sensor which are both located on the inlet manifold and clean them.

Ive seen mayonaise on a map sensor before after headgasket issues and this caused no end of idle problems. Not many people clean these after a headgasket is done so that one would deffo be my first port of call.

George

Cheers George, will have a look after Xmas and let you know how I get on.

Dav
24-12-11, 05:15 PM
I've had this problem also on the 4pot, it hasn't done it in a while, but I'll check those bits over Christmas. Thanks for the info ;)

shcKr-
24-12-11, 08:14 PM
I had an issue with eratic idling after I fitted an intake system to my car, if you have one fitted just make sure it's all sitting snug.