PDA

View Full Version : Just got a great quote!

KirkJames
30-12-11, 11:58 PM
Telephoned British Legends this morning in Southend and they have quoted me app' £550 for the belts to be done and the thermostat and water pump, with all tensioners etc.

I am well chuffed with that, really nice chap as well.

:):)

BUCKYDEVIL
31-12-11, 12:13 AM
Good that you got a nice price & nice to see a MK1 owner looking after a great car rather than sell it on due to the price of this service..
Well looked after MK1 is defo a future classic..

KirkJames
31-12-11, 04:12 AM
I am going to look after it as best I can mate. If I look after it, the car should then look after me. Also I want it to be in as good condition as it can for when I sell and get a nice xpg mk2 in a couple of years or so :)

Craig-ZS180
31-12-11, 09:21 AM
I know Steve @ British Legends, have done for years now and he does all the main work on my 180 and other familymembers cars.
Is genuine and honest when it comes to what the car needs & doesnt and is the only person i'd have working on my own car.
Plus only live 5 mins from the workshop so its local for me too.

Top guy.

peterzs
31-12-11, 10:46 AM
Good to know who the good guys are.

KirkJames
31-12-11, 08:59 PM
That's got to be handy, only 5 mins away. Think I might have it serviced there to at some point! I know a couple of people in Southend so might make a weekend of it :)

Craig-ZS180
01-01-12, 03:52 PM
Yeah it is handy when it comes to having bits done on the car but it helps that he's also a very close friend so also works.
Another reason why I always trust him is because I used to work with him so I know exactly how he works & what he does.
Well if your making the trip down mate may as well make the most of it :0)

drroberts490
01-01-12, 04:53 PM
Good to know as I will be moving back to Southend in the next couple of years

daytona365
01-01-12, 05:09 PM
Double good to know as Im not far away, and I can visit the bruv while job being done. Borrow his Audi R8 if mine not ready!! (or the Mercedes SL or BMW Z8) Some people have got too much money lol.........