PDA

View Full Version : Just a reminder

Taphouse
05-01-12, 07:09 AM
I am sure we all know this already, however I have got slack with it over the last few years, covering/hiding numbers plates in pictures of the cars on the forum.

I had a fix penalty notice through for 74 in a 30, in West Brom, which is nowhere near where I live, it was a MG ZS with my old reg, and it was dated just before I sold it. So I assume the reg was taken either from a forum, or from the pistonheads advert.

Its all sorted now, but servers as a nice little reminder to everyone out there who post pictures on public forums.

:thumbsup:

Dav
05-01-12, 07:49 AM
74 in a 30? Christ, he wasn't hanging around...

At least you got it sorted. Did they make up some cloned plates then?

-kane-
05-01-12, 08:09 AM
glad you go that sored...

you always think it will never happen to me i gess.. some mad ppl out there... what did u say your bank details were again??

lol

Nats Whiskas
05-01-12, 08:10 AM
Bloody hell!! I'm gonna be more careful from now on!!

Dan1971
05-01-12, 08:21 AM
Ahhh the old "It wasn't me - never been there - someone must have cloned my number plate chestnut .... "

;)

Seriously - nice warning. Probably about 40% of our thefts from motor vehicles are number plates which are then displayed to commit crime - drive outs etc.

mgzsturbo2008
05-01-12, 08:26 AM
i got a ticket the other day from kent police 84 in a 50 .. in a saxo!!!! i wouldnt be seen dead in a saxo! also got congestion charge notice from my vehicle but wasnt me . just goes to show!

MG6Turbo
05-01-12, 08:40 AM
Yes we have the internet to thank for this.

Sometimes a great place but on the whole a place we would be better off without.

However, it could easily be resolved if they spent the government used our road tax to pay the police to patrol areas. Instead of using cameras.

If you stop the person commiting the crime in the flesh, its not so easy to to scam and get away with it.

George

peterzs
05-01-12, 09:15 AM
Lucky there arnt too many TY ZS's out there.

Doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

archermav
05-01-12, 01:18 PM
I am sure we all know this already, however I have got slack with it over the last few years, covering/hiding numbers plates in pictures of the cars on the forum.

I had a fix penalty notice through for 74 in a 30, in West Brom, which is nowhere near where I live, it was a MG ZS with my old reg, and it was dated just before I sold it. So I assume the reg was taken either from a forum, or from the pistonheads advert.

Its all sorted now, but servers as a nice little reminder to everyone out there who post pictures on public forums.

:thumbsup:

Whats the date of the notice mate, and where exactly. I am nothing more than curious, in a professional way of course.

Captain Peanut
05-01-12, 02:25 PM
Cheers for the warning.

I thought you needed the V5 to get plates made now, although I guess they must just know a dodgy garage somewhere.

big_wasa
05-01-12, 02:27 PM
You can still buy "show plates" online

Taphouse
05-01-12, 05:43 PM
Ahhh the old "It wasn't me - never been there - someone must have cloned my number plate chestnut .... "

;)

Worked a treat! :thumbsup:

Quadcam24
05-01-12, 06:56 PM
hmmm, the sad truth is , that it could well have been some one on one of the mg forums that you use.

talkingcars
05-01-12, 07:48 PM
I got rid of my first car, a Lada 1200, reg TGO 838R, in Aug 1988 (remeber the date as it was the week before my first wedding). Months later my father (who had been the first registerd owner before me) got a letter from Maidstone council saying that his Peugeot had recived a parking ticket that hadn't been paid -

Cloning excisted before the internet, I can think of at least 2 other stories from my youth.

Taphouse
05-01-12, 08:16 PM
I've give this warning, and sig has both the regs on the cars! lol Think I'll be changing them!

I got rid of my first car, a Lada 1200, reg TGO 838R, in Aug 1988 (remeber the date as it was the week before my first wedding). Months later my father (who had been the first registerd owner before me) got a letter from Maidstone council saying that his Peugeot had recived a parking ticket that hadn't been paid -

Cloning excisted before the internet, I can think of at least 2 other stories from my youth.

no doubt, but the internet makes it dam easy!

itsonlyme
30-01-12, 08:43 AM
Cheers for the warning.

I thought you needed the V5 to get plates made now, although I guess they must just know a dodgy garage somewhere.

you can get show plates made up from alot of internet companies without any i.d.