PDA

View Full Version : Mould on my seats!

haGGard
09-01-12, 05:03 PM
Ok, so my 180 has been 'stored' on my driveway since april seeing as its failing to sell. Today while washing my other car i noticed there was small white bits on the seat, looks like a stain ot something. On closer inpection it was white fluffy mould patches! Not a lot of them, but enough.

I remeber hearing about these things caravan owners put in their caravans that basically soak up all the moisture inside of the vehicle into these pellet or seed like things?? Does anybody know what im on about or where i can get some of these?

Thanks!!

Bobdope2002
09-01-12, 05:49 PM
thought ud sold it???

andys1981
09-01-12, 06:39 PM
try a bowl of salt im sure that works mate,i thought you had sold up aswell

Zed Lee
09-01-12, 06:54 PM
Go to Wilkinson mate down the cleaning bit there is a white box with gel stuff in for socking up damp they work great.

daytona365
09-01-12, 07:12 PM
You seen "invasion of the bodysnatchers"? Thats how the aliens started, little balls of fluff, next thing a full replica of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

magpie67
09-01-12, 07:19 PM
You seen "invasion of the bodysnatchers"? Thats how the aliens started, little balls of fluff, next thing a full replica of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yikes::rofl:

haGGard
09-01-12, 08:43 PM

hahah :ohmy:

thought ud sold it???

Yea so did i, twice. Got messed about on eBay by a guy full of excuses, then messed about by another guy who even put a deposit on it, asked me to hold it for a while, then a month later decided he didn't want it.

Go to Wilkinson mate down the cleaning bit there is a white box with gel stuff in for socking up damp they work great.

Thanks! Thats the stuff i think! The interior is spotless and dont wanna ruin it!! Thanks again!

Dav
09-01-12, 09:22 PM
A dehumidifier would do the trick, you can get little ones that you chuck in the microwave once they are full

Steves Cleenz
10-01-12, 02:36 PM
salt works very well, buy a tub and empty it in a old butter tub or similar and leave it on your dash

stamford
10-01-12, 03:05 PM
http://www.towsure.com/product/Moisture_Mate_Moisture_Absorbing_Trap

I have one of these in my caravan.

I use a small pot of salt in the ZS when not being used, throw in some rice to help stop the salt clogging, lasts a bit longer.

talkingcars
10-01-12, 06:23 PM
I have a 4 pint milk container sliced in half and filled with rock salt in my MGF, works very well.

Every 2 or 3 months I just bring it into the house for 24 hours to dry out.

haGGard
10-01-12, 06:52 PM
Thanks for all the replies, will pop down and get some salt tomorrow. Cheers

haGGard
12-01-12, 02:32 PM
Right just put some very expensive rock salt (thats the only rock salt morrisons sells at over £2 a box!) in a plastic box and placed it on the arm rest so its slap bang in the middle of the car. Hopefully this'll do the trick!

So how can i tell when its saturated with water? And also, does leaving it in my house for about 24 hours work then? And then i can re-use the same salt??

Cheers

talkingcars
12-01-12, 06:25 PM
I got a 25kg bag from work for £4, use it for salting pavements when it snows.

Have you got white or pink salt, the pink gets darker when it's wet, I think the white will start to look a bit like it is sweating.

Either way I'd leave it in the car for a week and then bring it in, if you have a radiator heated floor this will speed up drying out.

haGGard
12-01-12, 09:22 PM
Its posh rock salt for a salt cracking shaker thing :hmm: So yea its white, and goes great on chips!

Cheers! Wel its in the car now so we'll see how it goes!

Dav
12-01-12, 10:54 PM
Its posh rock salt for a salt cracking shaker thing :hmm: So yea its white, and goes great on chips!

Cheers! Wel its in the car now so we'll see how it goes!

Mmmmm, MG flavoured salt on my chips please ;)

tb steve
11-02-12, 10:47 AM
i might have the answer for you :)

im having the same problem mould on the seats (well G'S car) i was going to get some salt but my dad pick up these from the market
i have just put it in the car so i will leave it for a week and see what happens not to sure at the mo as the car is so cold and frozen the moisture is not in the air

tb steve
25-03-12, 01:09 PM
old thread i know
well this little thing works well had to change it today as it was full up