PDA

View Full Version : BCU issues

Stephen
10-01-12, 11:45 AM
With getting the ZS back into form, i need to sort the indicators out, i still have no left indication.

Iv been told it could be a BCU issue. Now what do i need to swap over? BCU's and fobs? and get it programmed? help would be appreciated.

Would love to get this sorted very soon! :)

BUCKYDEVIL
10-01-12, 12:02 PM
Think you might need ECU along with BCU & Fobs.

Enright
10-01-12, 01:06 PM
Think you might need ECU along with BCU & Fobs.
...and the transponder ring that goes round the ignition barrel.
If it's all a matched set and comes from a similar aged/style car to your own then there shouldn't be any need for re-programming - should just be plug'n'play.

MG6Turbo
10-01-12, 02:12 PM
Does the left indicator light up on the dash when you indicate? Does the hazards work?

G

Stephen
10-01-12, 04:43 PM
No light and hazards dont work. Well drivers side does

sambomonkee
10-01-12, 04:54 PM
That will not be the bcu but the indicator relay, there are two one for right and one for the left, there in the fuse box driver side. To test swap the relays around.

Southside_ZS
10-01-12, 09:26 PM
...and the transponder ring that goes round the ignition barrel.
If it's all a matched set and comes from a similar aged/style car to your own then there shouldn't be any need for re-programming - should just be plug'n'play.

transponders not linked to the bcu/ecu. I know this as i had to change mine on my MK2 ZR and i just used a transponder from a breakers and it worked fine.

Stephen
11-01-12, 04:46 PM
That will not be the bcu but the indicator relay, there are two one for right and one for the left, there in the fuse box driver side. To test swap the relays around.

Where were you 6 months ago!!!

All fixed!!! :D Thank you!!!!