PDA

View Full Version : thinking about breaking my mk2 180

grimmy
13-01-12, 09:45 AM
What kind of things might you guys be interested in buying?

ZS
13-01-12, 09:47 AM
What is the car? :p Saloon? Hatch? what colour is it?

What is the reason for breaking? Dead engine?

stamford
13-01-12, 10:06 AM
Have I missed something here or is this a wind-up? :huh:

sneekyparrot
13-01-12, 10:11 AM
Any modified bits?

I need a stock working cat.

Ta

andys1981
13-01-12, 10:20 AM
why you breaking it mate?

BUCKYDEVIL
13-01-12, 10:57 AM
I'm a bit shocked Grimmy,, your cars a belter so why break it ?
I know you've had a few small probs with it but has anything major happened.?
If you decide to break it I wish you best of luck getting top ££££.

grimmy
13-01-12, 11:30 AM
No not a wind up its a 54 plate mk2 saloon and right now I really can't afford to run it never mind repair any of the problems it has which are engine related. noisy on start up loosing coolant etc at the moment it is at home unable to move as I can't even afford fuel for it as well as needing two new tyres and tax due and we all know they are worth more in bits these days.not highly modified but has stainless back box and eibach springs but has a very decent red Monaco interior with matching half leather doorcards

Smokey
13-01-12, 11:34 AM
Good luck with whatever you do mate, I really hope you get it running sweetly again as its an awesome car. If not I will become a vulture lol!

Nor
13-01-12, 11:53 AM
That's a gutter Grimmy :(

MG ZS STE
13-01-12, 12:09 PM
Put my name against the eibach's for when you definitely decide to break please ;)

Enright
13-01-12, 12:14 PM
Does it have ATC? I'm looking for a complete loom to do an upgrade.

MG ZS STE
13-01-12, 12:19 PM
standard kit on the MK2 180's that was pal.

Smokey
13-01-12, 12:23 PM
Give him a minute to decide, Christ!

(I want door cards and vents :P)

ZS
13-01-12, 12:28 PM
Give him a minute to decide, Christ!

(I want door cards and vents :P)

Hey I was after the door cards... lol

Although actually I'm still deliberating over buying another ZS or not... Very tempted but can I justify it?!?!?

Enright
13-01-12, 12:34 PM
standard kit on the MK2 180's that was pal.
Ah good, that gives me a few avenues then, thanks. May not have to kill off a perfectly decent one, but if it's off to the great big garage in the sky anyway, then there's a chance to make a few quid on a part that nobody usually wants.

stamford
13-01-12, 12:43 PM
Sorry to hear this mate, I know how you feel when nothing's going your way, been there myself. Hope it gets sorted, shame to see it go albeit in one piece or several.

peterzs
13-01-12, 03:26 PM
Hi Grimmy, Springs not far of, if your lot are like us, there was plenty of overtime when the Grass started to fly away.

One of the council guys always insisted we had an extra 3 man gang on, to deal with the "Rush". I had to do a daily report of what and where we had cut. He could never find the 2nd gang!!!

Did pull one lot in from Portsmouth, by the time they travelled down, and then had to learn the route, was a waste of time.

Pity you cant hang on in there and let the o/t help you out.

But needs must, if it does go hope you get loads and loads for it.

:smile1::smile1::smile1:

Jay-ZS+
13-01-12, 03:50 PM
Sorry to hear this grimmy, Not something Nor would be intrested in, prob easier to fix the mechanics than his bodywork!

grimmy
13-01-12, 05:35 PM
Hi Grimmy, Springs not far of, if your lot are like us, there was plenty of overtime when the Grass started to fly away.

One of the council guys always insisted we had an extra 3 man gang on, to deal with the "Rush". I had to do a daily report of what and where we had cut. He could never find the 2nd gang!!!

Did pull one lot in from Portsmouth, by the time they travelled down, and then had to learn the route, was a waste of time.

Pity you cant hang on in there and let the o/t help you out.

But needs must, if it does go hope you get loads and loads for it.

:smile1::smile1::smile1:
Unfortunately there will be no overtime this year at all .if anything my job is on a shaky nail given our wonderful governments budget cuts and rendundancies look as if they are on the cards
After mulling it over though I think I may just sorn the car and garage it until things pick up been offered a very cheap runaround to keep me on the road which will save me a small fortune in tax and fuel so thinking about getting it and working on the zs as and when I can afford it.

Ritchy
13-01-12, 06:23 PM
id sorn it mate, thing is its in the garage, stick one of those silica packs in there to stop any dampness, then tbh its going to be worth the same this time next year, and worst case scenario itll break for the same amount next year, give it time to think it over

Craig
13-01-12, 07:14 PM
Sorry to hear that mate. I agree, sorn it. Garage it and wait and see what happens. Far too nice to break!

Supercharged_Z
13-01-12, 07:33 PM
stripping a car isnt easy either, getting bits and bobs off that break blah blah... plus having the space paying ebay fees etc sometimes its just easier to sell.

peterzs
13-01-12, 09:14 PM
One thing about grass, shrubs etc, they keep growing, seen it before when labours cut down to save money. Public dont like long grass, brambles growing over the footpath.So gradually the workforce increases.

Hope the jobs safe.

Just a shame tax, fuel, insurance is high, but as said, the car will be worth the same, or even more, next year. Way they are getting written off or broke up for bits!!!

grimmy
13-01-12, 09:43 PM
It will end up a barn find in about thirty years lol